Fight Night: 15 two hours long?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Fight Night: 15 two hours long?
Solidus
9/8/08 11:32:17PM
Just set my DVR to record this and noticed the event only runs from 8-10pm EST, thats only like 3 fights?! Dont these things usually run for 3 hours?
jiujitsufreak74
9/9/08 12:10:21AM
it was previously 4 fights in 2 hours so i am assuming it's going to be 4 fights in 2 hours again.
Twenty20Dollars
9/9/08 12:20:48AM
well because you have to schedule time to TUF 8, because you don't want TUF 8 being on so late that no one is willing to stay up and watch it.

I mean they could move up the fight night up to 6 but then I think some people would miss it because they are getting home from work and trying to eat before 7.
ThaAxeMurderer7
9/9/08 12:56:10AM
I know Fight Night 13 was 3 hours long plus an hour for TUF. I really enjoyed that night.
kris_ericson
9/14/08 1:06:48PM
maybe they expect all the fights to be finished
DCRage
9/14/08 5:14:19PM
It'll be 4 fights on TV, more if time permits, with 6 prelims not scheduled to air. Remember that if every fight goes the distance, each fight takes about 25 minutes total.
jawbreaker517
9/14/08 5:44:10PM
2 hours goes by too fast
jawbreaker517
9/14/08 5:46:05PM

Posted by DCRage

It'll be 4 fights on TV, more if time permits, with 6 prelims not scheduled to air. Remember that if every fight goes the distance, each fight takes about 25 minutes total.

Each fight will be 15 minutes. Only title fights are 25 minutes.
ziegler3334
9/14/08 6:50:06PM
Each fight is 15 minutes of fighting, but factoring in commercials, intros, and commentary, theres probly only room for 4 fights if most go the distance.

the fights set to air are:
herman v belcher
alexander v shaffer
guida v danzig
diaz v neer

If theres time, i'm sure they'll show any exciting sub or ko from the prelim card
Pitbull09
9/14/08 9:18:37PM
Yea, Spike seems to give UFC as much time as they want so I think it must of been their call. They could just have a show start at 6 and call it UFC prelims so its not like they are telling mainstream people to watch 5 hours straight of cage fighting.
I would want to though
mkiv9secsupra
9/14/08 9:25:36PM

Posted by jawbreaker517

Posted by DCRage

Each fight will be 15 minutes. Only title fights are 25 minutes.

5 minutes per round, 1 minute between rounds, 5 minutes between the end of the fight and the official announcement and 5 minutes of fighter introductions.

equals over 25 minutes a fight
Wolfenstein
9/14/08 9:29:53PM
Hopefully the commercials won't bog down this event. Last fight night had so many commercial breaks it was surprising they weren't running Burger Kingcommercials during the tale of the tape.
jocka
9/14/08 9:37:21PM

Posted by Wolfenstein

Hopefully the commercials won't bog down this event. Last fight night had so many commercial breaks it was surprising they weren't running Burger Kingcommercials during the tale of the tape.

its true, i like they give the general public free fights but commercials piss me off, i like to hear the corner talk to their fighter between the rounds
Solidus
9/14/08 11:34:15PM
I forgot about TUF Wednesday. At least we'll have that to look forward to after the fights. Seems like I keep bringing this up in other topics, but it would be great if they regularly showed all the undercard matches. They could work out a deal with VS and show them on there before all the PPV's and Fight Nights if they're not able to get time on Spike.