Fight Night 13 "A Show Of True Colors"

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Fight Night 13 "A Show Of True Colors"
WhiteWidow
4/5/08 7:10:32PM
(Manvel Gamburyan VS Jeff Cox)

....Manny goes for the glove tap but right before tapping the glove he goes for a side kick, its true that you dont have to tap the glove but throwing a fake glove tap is just as low as a groin shot, most prelims dont have staredowns so the tap comes after the bell if both the fighters silently agree, manny should have just not done the tap instead of this show of disrespect.

(Nate Diaz VS Kurt Pellegrino)

....I just dont understand flicking everyone off, most everybody was on his side and he was the better known of the fighters and getting "diaz diaz diaz diaz" cheers in the fight, what is this guys problem? who knows or cares hes nicks weird little brother, i like nick but ive never liked nate and this is just more b/s.

(Thiago Alves VS Karo Parisyan)

....Karo gets knocked out with a knee and right after it thiago hits him with 2 hard shots to the face and 2 shots that dont really hit him, his arms flop around not protecting himself, mazzagatti calls the fight at a good time, maybe karo could have continued but i doubt it, he would have taken a few more shots and been completely out or injured, thiago hits hard and if karo had any conviction he'd admit he was in trouble instead of parading around the cage spitting in the ring, yelling and pushing people trying to console him, a true show of a disrespectful fighter, sure losing sucks but theres ways to go about it.

(Kenny Florian VS Joe Lauzon)

....Kenny hits joe on the back of the head several times with downward striking elbows with the point of the bow...as the ref is telling him to stop and does not get penalized after its stopped, after the fight he said his elbows were fine, when in fact the UFC rules state that striking downward using the point of the elbow is not legal, i dont understand why he was not penalized and why the fight was stood up, they must be trying to build up this guy for some reason....IMO he would lose to any good wrestler like edgar, maynard, griffin, guida, stevenson, sherk (again) BJ (obviously). WAR KENNYS NEXT OPPONENT
Aaronno9
4/5/08 7:49:02PM
Reading that made me remember somthing which kinda bugged me on the night. When florian was throwing those elbows, the ref didnt take a point, but he still stood the fight up. So basically joe took some illegal shots, got a nice gash opened up on his head, then lost his dominant position for his troubles. So does that mean from now on if you get taken down all youv got to do is drop some elbows to the back of your opponents head and itl get stood back up?

Weird desicion by the ref.
jiujitsufreak74
4/5/08 7:59:21PM
i agree with all of them except for Diaz in a sense. he wasn't flipping off the crowd, i believe he was just celebrating or flipping of Pellegrino's corner. it wasn't directed at the crowd imo. but despite that i agree it was very disrespectful and not appropriate. although i would admit it must be cool to have the triangle in and just know that you won.
CantAndleDaRiddum
4/5/08 8:22:09PM
boo hoo
NatedawgThaM
4/5/08 8:24:12PM
OMG, Nate Diaz flipping the bird means absolutely nothing. It was a celebration. I don't see hate threads in the locker room about how horrible Chad Johnson is for celebrating.

Manny with the spinning back kick, why are you complaining? Their's nothing in the the rules about this so if your opponent is dumb enough not to protect himself at all times, then pfft. It's a free shot. Luckily his opponent was protecting himself.

Do you really like to lose? When you lose in football, basketball, ping pong boxing, Muay Thai, soccer, or whatever you do, do you jump right back up and sprint directly to your opponent that beat you and give him tons of hugs and kisses? Especially if you feel you were ripped off by the ref? I know I wouldn't. He felt he was screwed, I don't, but he did I understand what he did and why he did it.

Sorry all the UFC fighters aren't buddist and don't hold hands in one giant circle singing KumBaya. Maybe the UFC should hire Mr. Myiagi from the karate kid full time from now on to teach their fighters some disicipwin!!!
SpiderSilva
4/5/08 9:21:50PM
I was at the show and all these guys you are talking about were really nice

to me these are kind of pointless complaints

the elbows to the top of the head were rough but it was in the heat of the moment and the ref stoped it and it didn't happen again maybe he felt it want bad enough for a point deduction

Kpro
4/5/08 9:39:56PM

Posted by Aaronno9

Reading that made me remember somthing which kinda bugged me on the night. When florian was throwing those elbows, the ref didnt take a point, but he still stood the fight up. So basically joe took some illegal shots, got a nice gash opened up on his head, then lost his dominant position for his troubles. So does that mean from now on if you get taken down all youv got to do is drop some elbows to the back of your opponents head and itl get stood back up?

Weird desicion by the ref.

I didn't even think about that. Joe got hit with the illegal strikes AND lost his dominant position. If anyone has something to complain about it's him.
emfleek
4/5/08 9:41:35PM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

i agree with all of them except for Diaz in a sense. he wasn't flipping off the crowd, i believe he was just celebrating or flipping of Pellegrino's corner. it wasn't directed at the crowd imo. but despite that i agree it was very disrespectful and not appropriate. although i would admit it must be cool to have the triangle in and just know that you won.

I agree pretty much.

Remember when Diaz had Pelligrino in an armbar attempt and Pelligrino laughed, shook his head like he knew it wasn't going to happen? To me, he was trying to show Diaz up. Diaz caught him in a triangle and paid him back with a big F you.

Maybe not the most respectful thing to do, but I can't say I wouldn't have done the same thing.

Personally...I f'ing loved it. Whether it was disrespectful or not. It the most memorable triangle choke ever for me. It'll take a lot to top it.
WhiteWidow
4/5/08 9:43:53PM
some of you people just dont get it, its a show of character not if there good people or not...LOL hilarious some of you thought these were compliants, just callin' it as i see it.... Ok so if I ever get to the UFC and i flip you all off will you all will be like oh blah blah excuse excuse?......thats what i thought
emfleek
4/5/08 9:49:36PM

Posted by WhiteWidow

some of you people just dont get it, its a show of character not if there good people or not...LOL hilarious some of you thought these were compliants, just callin' it as i see it.... Ok so if I ever get to the UFC and i flip you all off will you all will be like oh blah blah excuse excuse?......thats what i thought

Oh, I get it. I don't think YOU understand that not everyone is a role model citizen. That *was* Nate's character. Like it or not...and you obviously don't.

If you get to the UFC, you deserve to do whatever you want. You can hop on top of the cage, moon me and let your balls dangle in the air. I don't care. It'll be *my* choice whether or not to support you beyond that.
WhiteWidow
4/5/08 9:52:47PM

Posted by emfleek

Oh, I get it. I don't think YOU understand that not everyone is a role model citizen. That *was* Nate's character. Like it or not...and you obviously don't.

If you get to the UFC, you deserve to do whatever you want. You can hop on top of the cage, moon me and let your balls dangle in the air. I don't care. It'll be *my* choice whether or not to support you beyond that.

interesting...^ ^ pretty funny actually
xchickox
4/5/08 10:10:03PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

I agree pretty much.

Remember when Diaz had Pelligrino in an armbar attempt and Pelligrino laughed, shook his head like he knew it wasn't going to happen? To me, he was trying to show Diaz up. Diaz caught him in a triangle and paid him back with a big F you.

Maybe not the most respectful thing to do, but I can't say I wouldn't have done the same thing.

Personally...I f'ing loved it. Whether it was disrespectful or not. It the most memorable triangle choke ever for me. It'll take a lot to top it.

spot on with the pellegrino bit about armbar (i think it might have been a kimura) and i loved it when diaz did that, i love his attitude like his big brother
emfleek
4/5/08 10:15:51PM

Posted by xchickox

(i think it might have been a kimura)

...and I think you're correct now that I think about it. Thanks!
DevonFoxy
4/5/08 11:33:50PM
Actuall Joe addresses this on his web site i have a link sumwhere.....Link I found it

Pretty classy and shows Joe's colors IMO and he also was confused about the standing up but like he says thats on herb not Kenny so what can ya do. I don't think it was favoritism from the UFC as much as it was just a very bad call by Herb who must have not been thinking about it I would like to hear what he has to say personally. Herb Dean we need to hear your explanation!!!!
prozacnation1978
4/6/08 1:27:42AM
i was shocked as well that a point was not deducted for the back of the head strike, i did see some controversy calls,
GSPCanada
4/6/08 3:14:43AM
It's normal, im not all that surprised he didnt take a point fighters should get a warning because like someone said its in the heat of the moment, not a bad idea by Herb to stop the fight makes the warning very firm so that Kenny, his corner, and the fans all know hes been warned. I obviously disagree with the fight being stood up at that position bad call and Herb needs to explain that. Alot of ppl disagree with Herb's calls but ive agreed w/ most of them except this one

Manvel's kick was cheap but cox recovered nicely and it really had no effect on the outcome. What i really don't like is when rampage cut off the entire cage against hendo and when sanchez just charged at fitch right away and tried to get the takedown the idea that someone could actually take someone down without them expecting it and either mounting, submitting, or taking the round is garbage

Diaz was showboating n acting like a punk i think i must have missed kurt laughing but kurt was totally respectful prefight n everything n i kinda wish kurt was able 2 get out of that to teach diaz a lesson he shouldn't be flipping the bird he should be smackin kurt or pullin his head down to make it more difficult to breathe

I'm really unimpressed with karo's reaction but hes an emotional guy probbaly the reason he is so good anyways. we've all lost at something and to lose a big fight like that is devastating i can understand why he didnt wnnna b touched, we've all been there. the spitting was disgusting though too
gartface
4/6/08 3:25:15AM
The elbows might have been illegal, but it doesn't seem like from that position he could have done that much damage to the brain stem. The damage was all done to the crown of the skull. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's what it seemed like when I watched it. I'll probably go back again and watch it.