UFC Fight Night 13 Will Be a Three-Hour Broadcast

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » UFC Fight Night 13 Will Be a Three-Hour Broadcast
tuvok500
2/19/08 1:00:51PM
UFC Fight Night 13 will be a three-hour broadcast on Spike TV, after all.

The UFC has made no official announcement, and Spike TV could not confirm the news, but a source close to the event exclusively told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) that April 2’s UFC Fight Night 13 event will, in fact, run three hours.

link

Vendetta
2/19/08 1:22:34PM
I hope this is true, but I'm going to wait for a confirmation from either Zuffa or Spike before I get all excited.
CornishMMA
2/19/08 1:26:07PM

Posted by Vendetta

I hope this is true, but I'm going to wait for a confirmation from either Zuffa or Spike before I get all excited.

Im going the other way

OMFG NO WAY

Please quote that if you are as surprised and happy as me

Now, like Vendetta i just hope and pray it is true!
Bemin
2/19/08 1:29:53PM
Great news! (If it is indeed true) It would make sense, I mean honestly what could Spike air that would have anywhere near the viewers of another hour of live MMA action? This is a pretty amazing card for a free broadcast, its even better if we get 3 hours of it!
cj_striker
2/19/08 1:31:22PM
If this is true I'm gonna shit my pants with happiness! This card is stacked and it's free, if the UFC throws us this bone, I promise I'll stop saying they're only out to rape us and take our money, opposed to giving the fans what they really want to see. Because the fans definitely want to see as many of these fights as possible. Also will be stoked if Bat Man vs. Diaz is confirmed. I respect Diaz as a fighter, but can't stand his ass as a person. Has that whinny ass voice, and acts like he's so hardcore, the dudes jiu-jitsu is sick, but if he stayed on his feet with Kurt or other top guys in the UFC he'd get KTFO.
Daddyprimetime
2/19/08 3:25:34PM
Does anyone else have a Fight Night erection like I do?
CantAndleDaRiddum
2/19/08 3:55:16PM

Posted by Daddyprimetime

duggy
2/19/08 3:56:59PM

Posted by Daddyprimetime

I did. but now i want to know if anyone has any new Fight Night pants? mine are ruined.
RMFG_187
2/19/08 3:57:07PM

Posted by Daddyprimetime

LMAO funniest post i've seen in a while

but wasnt it on sunday when we were e-mailing Spike too allow a 3 hour broadcast? i know i did so thank me and others who e-mailed for making this happen just kidding
duggy
2/19/08 4:02:04PM
i sent that letter too, but i tried to make it a little special for them to open and see it.

here's my letter and my subject:

subject:
My brother is dying of cancer all he wants is UFC Fight Night on April 2nd

letter:

Help-

I’m writing to ask that the UFC Fight Night on April 2nd be given three hours of time instead of two. The card is one of the best UFC cards ever put on Spike, and it deserves a longer timeslot. The entire fight community is looking forward to seeing this event, and I am sure you’ll have a significantly higher number of viewers if you decide to show more of the card. And it's not like showing re-runs of CSI is getting great ratings.

I would ask for tickets, but he is in a bubble and cant leave the house.

Thank you for your time
duggy

and my bro marvin

wolfman
2/19/08 4:24:50PM
Cool, I'm still a little skeptical right now, yet I have a good feeling that this is true.
Jesse_Canadian_MMA
2/19/08 4:46:29PM
Yeah I definetly hope this is 3 hours the ultimate fight nights are and exactly what else could they possibly put on.
This card is going to probaly be better then a few ppvs
CornishMMA
2/19/08 5:22:13PM

Posted by Jesse_Canadian_MMA

Yeah I definetly hope this is 3 hours the ultimate fight nights are and exactly what else could they possibly put on.
This card is going to probaly be better then a few ppvs

No the whole point of this being newsworthy is the fact all UFCFN's in the past have been just 2 hours - they sometimes run over slightly but its always 2 hours and 4 fights main card, we will like get 6 main card fights and definately a few prelims soon

Duggy - thats FAF but i hope you dont really have a brother, otherwise check his a-hole for the big C LOL at him being in a bubble
whardin19
2/19/08 5:41:15PM
This is great news! There are tons of good fights on this card and were gonna get to see most of them. Nice job to anyone who sent a email in.
basbylivershot
2/19/08 5:47:23PM
Very exciting if true, lord knows us forum hounds sent then a million emails asking for this.
duggy
2/19/08 6:07:01PM

Posted by CornishMMA

Posted by Jesse_Canadian_MMA

Duggy - thats FAF but i hope you dont really have a brother, otherwise check his a-hole for the big C LOL at him being in a bubble

no brother. but i sent it last night, and this news broke this mornng. im pretty much taking full credit for the extra hour.
jae_1833
2/20/08 1:01:24AM
sinister_16
4/9/08 10:09:43AM
this was probably the best fight night we have had in a long time