Who gets the Ko, fight of the night and sub bonuses for UFC 82?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Who gets the Ko, fight of the night and sub bonuses for UFC 82?
SmileR
2/29/08 12:35:12PM
So who do you guys think will get the bonuses for the event?

I'm thinking: -

Fight of the night: - Hendo- Silva
This is going to be a war not only for the top MW spot but also maybe for the top P4P spot as well.
Both have something to prove and both have titles on the line so how can it not be?

KO of the night: - Arlovski - O'brian.

I'm going with Arlovski but heres a quote from cagepotato that says why!

Knockout of the Night: Andrei Arlovski. Other MMA pundits have said that the undefeated O’Brien will grind his way to a lay-and-pray victory, but Arlovski is coming into this fight with the combined rage of 10,000 insulted Soviets, and he’ll be looking to prove that undercards are beneath him. There’s a chance this could be his last fight for the UFC, so putting an exclamation point at the end of his Octagon career would be a priority; we’ll say KO/TKO, round 2.

Sub of the night: -

Here i'm torn! it could go between Gurgel and Hazelett. Both have sick BJJ, its pretty much a toss up between them.

What do you guys think?

Rabi
2/29/08 12:42:16PM
I agree with Hendo v silva as fight of the night.

KO of the night Chris Leben

Submission of the night Diego Sanchez.

I really hope that Hazelett defeats Koshcheck.
DCRage
2/29/08 12:42:33PM
Fight-Agree with Hendo-Silva. Might be a bit slow in round 1 but I think it'll really pick up in round 2 on.

KO-Chris Leben. I think you're picking AA partly because he's your boy. But when Leben KOs a guy it's usually somewhat spectacular so I think he'll pull one out here.

Sub/Tap-Jon Fitch. Either him or Gurgel, they're the only guys I have winning by sub/tap.
wolfman
2/29/08 12:52:22PM
Double post, delete please.
wolfman
2/29/08 12:56:25PM

Posted by DCRage

Fight-Agree with Hendo-Silva. Might be a bit slow in round 1 but I think it'll really pick up in round 2 on.

KO-Chris Leben. I think you're picking AA partly because he's your boy. But when Leben KOs a guy it's usually somewhat spectacular so I think he'll pull one out here.

Sub/Tap-Jon Fitch. Either him or Gurgel, they're the only guys I have winning by sub/tap.

I will really be surprised if Sanchez subs David. I don't see it happening, it is a possibility though, yet it is more likely not to happen. This is just my opinion, if Hazelett does win he will get sub of the night.

DC Rage's list is what I see happening.

I do hope to see Arlovski win by KO though...
balack_o-bama
2/29/08 1:00:25PM

Posted by Rabi

I agree with Hendo v silva as fight of the night.

KO of the night Chris Leben

Submission of the night Diego Sanchez.

I really hope that Hazelett defeats Koshcheck.

I really dont see Diego sub David Beilkheden. Hes nasty at bjj, first non brazilian at BTT. He quits fighting when he gets hit tho. Diego will gnp him.

I hope Hazelett magles koscheck and i agree with your other two picks, even tho im not sure who will win either fight.
hippysmacker
2/29/08 1:08:15PM
I'm going with Ko Leben, and sub Herring.
Franklinfan47
2/29/08 1:58:56PM
Fight of the night: Definately Silva vs Hendo, this fight has been years in the making and are both pretty exciting fighters. Has all the makings to be a great match, one for the ages .

KO of the night: Chris Leben. Watch for him to put Legionarrius to sleep early in the 2nd rd.

Sub of the night: Hard to say for this one as I didn't pick any submissions on this card but i will say Gurgel over Halverson.
mrliquid
2/29/08 1:59:35PM
Fight of the night Hendo/Silva

K.O of the night Arlovski

Sub of the night Fitch

mkiv9secsupra
2/29/08 4:44:17PM
I agree with everyone in Fight of the night and KO of the night but i have Hazelett subbing Kos. Kos is going to get caught in a triangle at some point.

BUT Herring is right behind him. Hell probly catch him with a Kimura or some sort of armlock in dominating fashion
Playground_Samurai
2/29/08 5:52:31PM
KO of the night - Leben over Sakara
Just a guess.

Fight of the night - Cummo vs Fioravanti
Cummo has been showing off his stand up against his last couple of opponents, with a couple KO victories. Fioravanti has great stand up and will not hesitate to stand and trade. I'm pretty sure these two are gonna go out their and lay it all on the line. Important fight for both of these guys

Sub of the night - Hazelett over Koscheck
I agree with mkiv9secsupra on this one. Kos likes to put opponents on their backs. Hazelett has sick bjj and has great submissions from his back. Bad match-up for Kos.
fedorwins1
2/29/08 6:26:13PM
KO OTN: Leben over Sakara, Sakara has good boxing but Leben has a granite chin and will pull out one of his amazing KOs.

FOTN: Henderson over Silva, it will be a war between two of the best MWs in the world. I don't know how this fight will play out but I hope to see Hendo winning.

SUB OTN: Gurgel over Halverson, maybe not the best MMA fighter but he has good grappling.
DangerousDjohn
2/29/08 6:41:43PM
KO of the night-Cheick Kongo over Herring...He will...trust me

Fight of the night-Anderson and Dan...Anderson will win

Submission of the night-Tough one...Fitch?
loller90278
2/29/08 10:18:23PM
KO - Dan Henderson on A. Silva
SUB - Hazzelett on Josh Koscheck
FOTN - Diego Sanchez vs David Bielkeden
ohiostate1016
3/1/08 12:06:41AM
FoN: Hendo vs. Silva; I just don't see how this fight can be topped. Silva wins via KO in the third.

KO: Sakara over Leben; someone's gettin' KO'd in this one, it just depends on who you think it'll be.

Sub: Diego over Bielkheden; I don't see how this guy is going to hang with Diego, especially since Diego has lost two straight. Let's just say that if Diego isn't focused for this one, he could be focusing in some other org in his next fight.
NatedawgThaM
3/1/08 12:59:51AM
KO of the Night- Chris Leban over Alessio Sakara. Alessio does not have a great chin and he likes to bang and has been on the end of highlight KO's lately. When Leban KO'd somebody, it's brutal. Enough said.

Fight Of the Night- Anderson Silva vs Hendo. It's going to be a freakin war! Wild slugging vs Pin point accuracy, great wrestling vs great guard. GONNA BE SICK!!

Submission of the Night- Jon Fitch over Chris Wilson. Fitch will beat him down and wear him down early and sub him sometime in the second.

I think a lot of these fights go the distance since every fight has a fighter who's the distance a lot. I sure hope not. Another UFC 80 would be SICK!
jocksmall
3/1/08 4:20:49PM
i hope fight of the night is dan vs anderson
this is a dream fight for me
i hope dan gets ko of the night!
mkiv9secsupra
3/2/08 12:45:49AM

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

I agree with everyone in Fight of the night and KO of the night but i have Hazelett subbing Kos. Kos is going to get caught in a triangle at some point.

well the triangle was correct but Hazelett got stoopped a little early. but oh well