UFC FIGHT NIGHT 11 (SEP 19th) Discussion

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » UFC FIGHT NIGHT 11 (SEP 19th) Discussion
Next Page »
CornishMMA
8/1/07 7:22:22AM
UFC FIGHT NIGHT 11: FLORIAN VS THOMAS

USA - WEDNESDAY SEPTEMBER 19th, ON SPIKE TV (LEAD IN FOR TUF6 PREMIERE)

UK - MONDAY SEPTEMBER 24th, BRAVO (AFTER THE TUF6 PREMIERE)

Main Card

Florian -VS- Thomas
Leben -VS- Martin
Diaz -VS- Assuncao
Quarry -VS- Sell

Undercard

Hazelett -VS- Goulet
Alves -VS- Hironaka
Garcia -VS- Miller
Cummo -VS- “Crocota”
Maynard -VS- Veres

Main Event:
Din Thomas (20-6) vs. Kenny Florian (6-3)

Main card:
185 lbs.: Nate Quarry (8-2) vs. Pete Sell (7-3)
185 lbs.: Chris Leben (16-4) vs. Terry Martin (16-2)
155 lbs.: Nate Diaz (6-2) vs. Junior Assuncao (5-2)

Undercard:
170 lbs.: Dustin Hazelett (9-3) vs. Jonathan Goulet (19-8)
170 lbs.: Thiago Alves (11-3) vs. Kuniyoshi Hironaka (11-3)
155 lbs.: Leonard Garcia (10-2) vs. Cole Miller (12-2)
170 lbs.: Luke Cummo (5-4) vs. Edilberto “Crocota” de Oliveira (8-1-1)
155 lbs.: Gray Maynard (2-0) vs. Joe Veres (4-1)

MMAPLAYGROUND WAGER ODDS

Din "Dinyero" Thomas +150
Kenny "Kenflo" Florian -140

Kuniyoshi Hironaka +330
Thiago "Pitbull" Alves -310

Junior Assuncao +440
Nate Diaz -400

Joe Veres +620
Gray Maynard -580

Chris "The Crippler" Leben +160
Terry Martin -150

Edilberto "Crocota" Souza De Oliveira +200
Luke Cummo -185

Cole Miller -110
Leonard "Bad Boy" Garcia -120

Pete "Drago" Sell +220
Nate "The Rock" Quarry -195

Dustin Hazelett +110
Jonathan Goulet -100

CornishMMA
8/1/07 7:23:25AM
How do you spell - BEST UFC FIGHT NIGHT CARD EVER?
AchillesHeel
8/1/07 10:39:15AM

Posted by CornishMMA

How do you spell - BEST UFC FIGHT NIGHT CARD EVER?

Yeah, this looks like a killer lineup.

Din Thomas (20-6) vs. Spencer Fisher (20-3)
Mike Swick (10-2) vs. Jonathan Goulet (19-8)
Chris Leben (16-4) vs. Terry Martin (16-2)

Thomas, Fisher and Martin could all make a case for themselves as "#2 Contender" with a good performance. For the 155s, a lot depends on the results of Sean Sherk's appeal hearing later this month. If Leben loses, he should consider moving to the WEC, where I think he'd do some damage. I think Swick can make some noise at 170, although the division is deeper than 185 is. I'd love to see how Quarry, Alves, Cummo, Maynard, and Garcia do, too.
Twenty20Dollars
8/1/07 10:54:17AM
It really sucks that we wont get to see all the fights because this is prolly one of the best UFN.
DangerousDjohn
8/1/07 11:31:38AM
NICE CARD! I wanted to see Alves's fight though, so Diaz better kill Junior!
scoozna
8/1/07 11:35:22AM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

It really sucks that we wont get to see all the fights because this is prolly one of the best UFN.

As of this morning, the UFC site only has the Fisher, Swick, and Leben fights listed for this event. I guess not televising some of the fights gives them UFC Unleashed material.
cowcatcher
8/1/07 11:52:57AM
ill have to get to the internet before UFC pulls everyting off of youtube and dailymotion to catch all these fights. this has the makings of the best UFN ever.
Violentcuv
8/1/07 12:26:49PM
All great fights!

I'm really looking forward to Leben VS Martin. I think Martin will take this one.
Stickan
8/1/07 1:30:21PM

Posted by DangerousDjohn

NICE CARD! I wanted to see Alves's fight though, so Diaz better kill Junior!

Put your trust in Terry Martin instead. He'll destroy Leben.
Aries2343
8/1/07 1:46:29PM
I hope Diez will kill junior and Terry will be taken peice by peice by Leben
the-james
8/1/07 2:45:54PM
Wow this is the first time ive been excited about every matchup on a UFn card well maybe not the cummo-crocota fight but still this is going to be a great event hope there are some short fights so we get to see some of the undercard.
TNunley
8/1/07 4:19:39PM

Posted by Aries2343

I hope Diez will kill junior and Terry will be taken peice by peice by Leben

For Leben's sake he probably better.
Ydoc
8/1/07 4:43:59PM

Posted by AchillesHeel
Thomas, Fisher and Martin could all make a case for themselves as "#2 Contender" with a good performance.

Yeah, exactly. That's what I really like about this card, it doesn't feel like a lot of matches just thrown together randomly, instead all the matches have meaning with all those possible contenders you listed and stuff like how good Swick will be at 170 or if Nate can still hang after all his injuries, and a very good test for Cole. Awesome card.
scoozna
8/1/07 5:06:59PM

Posted by cowcatcher

ill have to get to the internet before UFC pulls everyting off of youtube and dailymotion to catch all these fights. this has the makings of the best UFN ever.

This isn't a PPV, there won't be any way for someone to put it on Youtube...if the fight is not televised, there's no way to get it.
JuggaloWarrior878
8/2/07 2:52:05AM
Great card! really wanted to see the alves fight, and to see how quarry is going to be after the long layoff. but the fights theyre showin are all one im interested in. Cool fight poster
kimoron
8/2/07 3:55:51AM
should be a really good fight night. its a shame though, if they showed all of the fights it could go down as a great fight night.
CornishMMA
8/2/07 8:29:50AM
Actually the unseen prelims are available on ufc on demand shortly after the event and then you can always find them to DL somewhere, i will post the links on this sites vid section if nobody gets there 1st

Leben will get DESTROYED by Terry im absolutely 100% certain of that! Whichever way he wants, i know he could bang him out but i hope he takes him down and punishes him with GnP so show off his skills moreso, Terry Martin is the real deal at 185 and a future contender for sure, in fact he should get the next shot after Franklin - maybe he should fight Okami then get it
CornishMMA
8/5/07 5:54:39AM
The gutting thing is thats its VERY unlikely we will se ANY of these great prelims, as for the last few fight nights that had just 3 main card fights (with the added fighter entrances) and obviously have 4 again this time around, if a few fights end early we may get 1 prelim - which one would you most want to see?

Under card (May not be broadcast):
170 lbs.: Thiago Alves (11-3) vs. Kuniyoshi Hironaka (11-3)
185 lbs.: Nate Quarry (8-2) vs. Pete Sell (7-3)
155 lbs.: Leonard Garcia (10-2) vs. Cole Miller (12-2)
170 lbs.: Luke Cummo (5-4) vs. Edilberto “Crocota” de Oliveira (8-1-1)
155 lbs.: Gray Maynard (2-0) vs. Joe Veres (4-1

Tough to say, would love to see Nates return, same for Alves and that fight will be very competative, but i think the Garcia Miller one just takes it as that will be furious, but i wanna see Cummo as well
CornishMMA
8/10/07 9:12:48AM
All these fights are OFFICIAL and announced on ufc.com, what a fantastic replacement Kenny is, bad news for Din imo!

we get 4 main card fights guaranteed again
kevietre
8/10/07 1:57:37PM
my take on a great fight night card:

Kenflo and Din will be a chess match both are well rounded, talented fighters and I can't see it going one way it will be back and forth.

Leben will bounce back, Martin may be too over confident either way it will be an awesome standup battle. Martin has the power and neither are real technical with their striking which will make it entertaining.

Swick will destroy Goulet and reclaim his nickname "Quick."

The Quarry vs. Drago rematch is highly anticipated since Drago was rocked but not KO'D Cecil Peoples provided us with an early stoppage. If Nate is 100% I think he'll take this but I'm pulling for Drago.

I see Alves and Cummo winning.

Leonard Garcia Vs. Cole Miller is a great matchup too Cole seems small for 155, he's tall but thin, this one is a toss up.
Chris_Keppel
8/10/07 6:26:00PM
For some reason, I just don't see Cummo winnin' that fight. Nor Leben, though I want Leben to win just because Terry Martin talks alotta shit. Still a fat boy.
adamal
8/12/07 1:58:23AM
I am really excited about this card, especially since it's not a PPV event. And it is the same night as TUF premiere. It will be a good night of MMA on cable!
CornishMMA
8/15/07 11:19:22AM
Yeah its great timing as we get the same here in the UK, 5 days after you guys but still a major bonus for us to get this fight night as our 1st semi live fight night

Hope Diaz doesnt dissapoint, Junior is a very good BJJ guy and could sub Nate, most worried about that but am pretty sure Terry wil bang Leben out and Swick will catch that weak chinned canadian
matthughes23
8/16/07 7:18:06AM
Unbelievable lineup. Best fight night card period.

looking forward to martin kicking leben's ass and solidifying himself as a contender to the 185 title. Hopefully Quarry's fight will be telivised, looking forward to his return. The main event and Garcia Vs. Cole should be wars
CornishMMA
8/20/07 6:28:26AM
Im hoping Cecil Peoples will be the ref again for Sell Quarry 2

Hope the rock doesnt lose his comeback fight, he has had such a rough time of it id love to see him get back to his best

But at best we can only hope for 1 prelim to be shown really with the etrxa fight on the main card
Rocketbusta
8/21/07 1:55:58PM
Its too bad we don't get to see the start of Nate Quarry's comeback in MMA. I was looking forward to seeing that when he did return.
AAfan
8/21/07 6:25:00PM
i really cant wait to see leben vs martin that will be good but i think martin will take it
KYGUY07
8/22/07 9:00:18AM
im so happy quary is finally back.
pv3Hpv3p
8/22/07 4:15:38PM

Posted by scoozna

Posted by cowcatcher

This isn't a PPV, there won't be any way for someone to put it on Youtube...if the fight is not televised, there's no way to get it.

They don't always televise the undercards on PPV's either... Where there's a will there's a way
TheHitmanTL
8/28/07 1:12:24AM
man i really wanted to see swick fight leben....i think leben has a better chance against swick than martin....martin could very well be our future MW champ i mean hes a big strong guy with powerful punches idk man well see come fight time against leben lol and martin looks like tyson
Pages: [1] 2