***** UFC fight night 15 scoring change *****

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA Playground Game Talk » ***** UFC fight night 15 scoring change *****
hippysmacker
9/18/08 1:53:11AM
Apparently the Belcher fight , which was announced on TV as a split decision, was a Unanimous decision. It was immediately corrected by the Athletic commission , and i have updated our stats accordingly.
ufcboss
9/18/08 2:14:17AM
Even though I missed the pick, I thought it wasnt close enough to be a split, Herman was eating BOMBS!
ChokeUout
9/18/08 4:05:09AM
Anyone else find this surprizing? I thought it seemed like a fitting split decision.

I actually had Herman winning the first and third rounds, and although the fight could have gone either way, mmamania.com, mmajunkie.com, and a few others all had it for herman too. I thought Herman's wrestling and takedowns toward the latter of the round did enough to win the round. Belcher landed a few shots, but herman landed a couple as well, so I thought the takedowns got herman the round. ANd that was the only round that was open for discussion in my book.

Seems kind of wierd that it got turned to a unanimous for belcher. WHen I saw this post and what fight it was concerning, I thought it would be for a split decsion for herman.

oh well

I love the new emoticons
Jimbo
9/18/08 5:54:14AM
AWESOME that score change put me on the front page for the first time
emfleek
9/18/08 8:25:58AM
Did anyone else disagree with the scoring? I thought for sure Herman had it by AT LEAST a split decision.
stock
9/18/08 8:53:52AM

Posted by emfleek

Did anyone else disagree with the scoring? I thought for sure Herman had it by AT LEAST a split decision.

I was way too close for me to tell. I really think that fight could have gone either way.

I was really surprised a judge gave the fight to Neer however.
Jackelope
9/18/08 9:23:52AM
The judges suck ass. They have no clue about BJJ if you ask me.

How can you score a guy for punches but not for submission attempts and guard passes? Herman almost had several D'arce chokes, passed guard at will (although seemed to want to stay in half guard), and scored some impressive takedowns with his tenacity.

It's all well and good that they changed it to a unanimous, but the whole scoring system these judges use is confusing the hell out of me.
Evilwig
9/18/08 10:19:04AM

Posted by emfleek

To me, Herman won the first and thrid round. But you I excepted this decision, Cecil Peoples was judging....