UFC Fight Night 17 Results/Discussion (Spoilers)

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » Spoilers Forum » UFC Fight Night 17 Results/Discussion (Spoilers)
Next Page »
DCRage
2/7/09 3:27:51PM
We're underway!
Tonight's card:
Prelims (may not air on TV):
Matt Riddle beat Steve Bruno by unanimous decision, 3 29-28s.
Nick Catone beat Derek Downey by submission (keylock) at 1:15 of round 2.
Gleison (Graison) Tibau beat Rich Clementi by submission (guillotine) at 4:36 of round 1.
Matt Veach beat Matt Grice by TKO (strikes) at 4:34 of round 1.
Dan Miller beat Jake Rosholt by submission (guillotine) at 1:03 of round 1.
Kurt Pellegrino beat Rob Emerson by submission (rear naked choke) at 3:14 of round 2.

TV fights (airing on Spike):
Anthony Johnson beat Luigi Fioravanti by TKO (strikes) at 4:39 of round 1.
Josh Neer beat Mac Danzig by submission (triangle) at 3:36 of round 2.
Cain Velasquez beat Denis Stojnic by TKO (strikes) at 2:34 of round 2.
Main Event: Joe Lauzon vs. Jeremy Stephens

Pretty good looking TV lineup for a UFN between AJ-Luigi and getting to see Cain on Spike, hopefully they all deliver. Alright, you all know how it goes, so hands up, chin down, let 'em fly, and no illegal blows!

PS-Any prelims that win any of the nightly bonus awards but don't air on Spike will almost certainly be up for free on ufc.com sometime tomorrow.
postman
2/7/09 4:17:36PM
I still can't beleive Rich Clementi vs. Gleison Tibau isn't main card. I gusse its not that hard concidering Jon Fitch isn't ever on anymore. Oh well.
MMAcca
2/7/09 4:34:45PM
With only a 2 hour broadcast we're not likely to see many/any undercard fights either......

Oh well. The main card is still solid imo
hotrodttt
2/7/09 4:36:30PM
Luigi's clinchwork is gonna be a nightmare for Johnson, Also, I'm taking my account back so hotrodttt's back ! I'm making my own picks now lol
MMAcca
2/7/09 4:52:33PM

Posted by hotrodttt

Luigi's clinchwork is gonna be a nightmare for Johnson, Also, I'm taking my account back so hotrodttt's back ! I'm making my own picks now lol

Somebody hack your account ?
Twenty20Dollars
2/7/09 4:57:49PM
Interesting that sherdog has j-lau at 145, and why not, only 1 loss in the ufc at 155. Lauzon also has a submission win over current WEC FW Champ mike brown. Also win or loss, joe hasnt gone to a decision.
hotrodttt
2/7/09 4:59:58PM

Posted by MMAcca

Posted by hotrodttt

No, I was mad at the site and couldn't take it anymore so I gave my account away to a girl I know who's into MMA, and I just recently saw how she has been doing and nobody is gonna do that to my account so I took it back, so now you'll finally see my Picks and not some dumb blonde's lol, and now all of my anger is gone and now I'm ready to Rock baby. Good Luck to everybody Tonight.
MMAcca
2/7/09 5:04:40PM

Posted by hotrodttt

Posted by MMAcca

Posted by hotrodttt

No, I was mad at the site and couldn't take it anymore so I gave my account away to a girl I know who's into MMA, and I just recently saw how she has been doing and nobody is gonna do that to my account so I took it back, so now you'll finally see my Picks and not some dumb blonde's lol, and now all of my anger is gone and now I'm ready to Rock baby. Good Luck to everybody Tonight.

Nice to see that you're back and good luck tonight
Kpro
2/7/09 5:42:53PM
good luck to anyone that picked the same winners as i have.
Styles
2/7/09 5:45:34PM
I took luigi over anthony.
hotrodttt
2/7/09 5:47:56PM

Posted by Styles

I took luigi over anthony.

As did I, Anothony has a Great chance as well does Luigi but I think this Fight will be in the Clinch for a significant amount of the Fight and Luigi is Great at trip Takedowns
burialchamber
2/7/09 5:56:11PM
I also have Luigi and some money on him. Hope he wins!
Shawn91111
2/7/09 6:05:07PM
Where can we watch this online
bustin_mma
2/7/09 6:08:28PM
www.Justin.tv
MMAcca
2/7/09 6:09:21PM

Posted by Shawn91111

Not too sure.......
bustin_mma
2/7/09 6:10:53PM
I got a parley on Riddle, Clemeti, and Danzig for $420. also bets on all of them.
DCRage
2/7/09 6:16:07PM

Posted by Shawn91111

Where do you think?

FYI-Prelim results should begin flowing in at around 6:45 PM ET according to Junkie. So roughly 30 minutes from now.
loller90278
2/7/09 6:39:41PM
you cant view the prelims online, but there are sites where you can see the main card.
DCRage
2/7/09 6:43:32PM
And WE...ARE...LIVE! The first prelim is underway, and it's Bruno vs. Riddle. Round 1 in the books, Junkie says 10-9 Bruno.
evan9eleven
2/7/09 6:46:13PM
I got Luigi too, I don't believe in Johnson.
MMAcca
2/7/09 6:48:15PM

Posted by evan9eleven

I got Luigi too, I don't believe in Johnson.

You think people are imagining him ?
DCRage
2/7/09 6:49:36PM
We're going to round 3. Junkie says a dominant 10-9 Riddle in round 2, so they have it 19-19.
MMAcca
2/7/09 6:49:40PM
Round 2 - Riddle uses an overhand right to secure the clinch and delivers knees to the body before forcing Bruno the mat. He again frees one leg and delivers elbows from half guard. The position worked well in the first round, and he again has success with elbows. Bruno ties up one of Riddle's arms and has the youngster looking confused. However, Riddle gets to his knees and rains down a series of elbows to the face and sideo of the head. Bruno shows damage from the flurry but again works to tie up Riddle. After rolling to his knees, Bruno nearly escapes, but Riddle takes his back and forces the fight to the back. Riddle gives up the position for half guard and continues popping Bruno with elbows and punches. One big blow lands with a thud, and he assures the ref he's OK. Bruno tries to escape but eats additional shots after leaving himself exposed. As Bruno gets to his feet, Riddle tags him with a knee to the body and locks in a guillotine. However, he eventually takes Bruno's back, locks in a hooks and then batters him with punches and hammerfists. With 10 seconds to go, Bruno wants to ride out the round, but Riddle punishes him for it with continued blows. MMAjunkie.com scores a dominant round for Riddle, 10-9.
MMAcca
2/7/09 6:55:17PM
Round 3 - Riddle looks fresh and light on his feet, but Bruno quickly connects with a right. Riddle closes the distance and forces the fight to the ground. Working from half guard, he pins Bruno against the fence and delivers a steady stream of punches to the face. Bruno tries to escape, but Riddle overpowers him to keep the dominant position. Bruno gets to his feet and looks for the escape, but Riddle takes his back and delivers punches and elbows to both sides of his head. Bruno simply takes the punishment and stays in the dangerous position with one knee on the mat. At least 50 punches connect as the referee stands nearby watching closely. A series of hammerfists finally force Bruno to cover up, and the referee issues a warning to fight back. Riddle now delivers elbows to the body and more hammerfists to the face. Riddle must be up to approximately 100 blows from this one exchange. Riddle finally forces Bruno to his stomach and tries to flatten out, but Bruno rolls over to his back and again allows Riddle to free one leg and batter him with a steady stream of shots. Riddle pours on the abuse in the final minute of the fight and begins putting some extra power behind the blows wanting to finish the fight. Bruno gets to his feet, and Riddle turns it on with punches, kicks and elbows desparate for the finish. He doesn't get it, but it should win him the fight. MMAjunkie.com scores a very dominant round for Riddle, 10-8.
DCRage
2/7/09 6:56:50PM
3 29-28s...Riddle.
MMAcca
2/7/09 6:57:19PM
Matthew Riddle def. Steve Bruno via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28).

Starting the night 0-1
bustin_mma
2/7/09 7:00:08PM
Yes 22 points, 1-0, +$1000, and 1/3 of my parley done
MMAcca
2/7/09 7:01:29PM

Posted by bustin_mma

Yes 22 points, 1-0, +$1000, and 1/3 of my parley done

Showoff

DCRage
2/7/09 7:03:21PM
It almost wasn't the Hot Bout. It was 60-40 as was Veach-Grice.
MMAcca
2/7/09 7:09:31PM
Round 1 - Round 1 - Catone lands an early right, but Downey shoots for the single-leg takedown. Catone sprawls and spends the next half minute fending off the takedown. Downey presses Catone into the fence and delivers a knee to the body and instantly dips and again looks for the takedown. After switch to a single leg, he finally gets it and drags Catone to the mat. Catone, though, quickly reverses the position and puts Downey on his back. From north-south position, Catone works punches to the body, but Downey gets back to his feet, secures a leg and tries to take Catone to the mat. Catone defends well and knocks Downey off balance and puts him on the mat. Catone again works from north-south positiion and then attempts to Downey's back. After a battle for position, Catone secures half guard and delivers a steady stream of elbows that open a cut. From the ground, Catone works for a choke, but Downey gets to his feet. Catone pops him with a couple punches and then pushes forward to put Downey on his back. Catone frees a leg and delivers elbows from half guard as the round comes to a close. As Downey gets back to his feet, he has a protruding half-baseball-sized swelling on the side of his head. MMAjunkie.com scores it 10-9 for Catone.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8