UFC Fight Night 17 Official Weigh-In Results

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » UFC Fight Night 17 Official Weigh-In Results
Bowen50
2/6/09 4:01:02PM
TAMPA - Weigh-ins for "UFC Fight Night 17: Lauzon vs. Stephens" take place today at the Marshall Student Center on the campus of the University of South Florida in Tampa, Fla.

USF also plays host to Saturday's Spike TV-televised event, which airs live from the Sun Dome.

We'll have live weigh-in results as the fighters hit the scales today at approximately 4 p.m. EST (a p.m. PST).

Link
Wolfenstein
2/6/09 4:06:58PM
It's almost as if every other MMA website or blog has forgotten the weigh ins are going on today. Damn whats with the lack of coverage? At least you can always count on MMAjunkie.
Twenty20Dollars
2/6/09 4:15:08PM
Well the weigh-ins for a fight night arent usually big compared to a ufc ppv card.
Bowen50
2/6/09 4:18:55PM
Clementi weighed in a half pound over but with the extra time he should be fine.
Twenty20Dollars
2/6/09 4:33:49PM
MAIN CARD

Joe Lauzon (156) vs. Jeremy Stephens (156)
Denis Stojnic (246) vs. Cain Velasquez (239)
Mac Danzig (154) vs. Josh Neer (156.5)*
Luigi Fioravanti (171) vs. Anthony Johnson (171)

PRELIMINARY CARD

Rob Emerson (153.5) vs. Kurt Pellegrino (155)
Dan Miller (186) vs. Jake Rosholt (185.5)
Matt Grice (156) vs. Matt Veach (156)
Rich Clementi (156.5)* vs. Gleison Tibau (155.5)
Nick Catone (184) vs. Derek Downey (185.5)
Steve Bruno (171) vs. Matthew Riddle (169)
Jackelope
2/6/09 4:37:06PM
Man, I can't believe two huge names like Clementi and Tibau aren't on the main card. Pretty crazy IMO
xtra_chewy
2/6/09 4:54:00PM

Posted by Jackelope

Man, I can't believe two huge names like Clementi and Tibau aren't on the main card. Pretty crazy IMO

I'm sure we will get to see it when Lauzon and Valesquez take care of biz in the 1st.
RampageOwnedYou
2/6/09 5:09:17PM
You know what I love about all of this?
We pay...well at least I pay 60 bucks's every friggin PPV. And they dont play ALL the fights. Maybe a total of 2 or 3 times ive seen all fights from a UFC card, but very rare. And to top it off, they cant even play us a full complete card for free. Instead, we get to see 4 to 5 fights, and thats that.

Why the UFC, cant play full cards blows my mind. Instead they rather charge people for it to see 2 undercard fights on UFC.COM.

How is it that Dream, Affliction, can play all their fights, and they are nowhere close to having the money UFC.COM has? Can you say, UFC needs to give the hardcore fans what they want? Probally not.
I mean, why not put the whole undercard for free on UFC.COM? I just dont get it.
nickcuc547
2/6/09 5:20:12PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

Well the weigh-ins for a fight night arent usually big compared to a ufc ppv card.

ya i'm not too worried about him or neer missing weight, they are veterans and they know what they're doing.
Twenty20Dollars
2/6/09 5:23:33PM
it cost a lot of money to put on a free event.

Also dream and affliction prolly wont last in the long run like the ufc, so the ufc is doing something right.

Oh two free events in a row I might add, UFN 17 and UFC 95.
bls1919
2/6/09 5:30:43PM
Can t wait to see Cain back in the octagon
wapttn
2/6/09 5:32:25PM

Posted by RampageOwnedYou

We pay...well at least I pay 60 bucks's every friggin PPV. And they dont play ALL the fights. Maybe a total of 2 or 3 times ive seen all fights from a UFC card, but very rare. And to top it off, they cant even play us a full complete card for free. Instead, we get to see 4 to 5 fights, and thats that.

Why the UFC, cant play full cards blows my mind. Instead they rather charge people for it to see 2 undercard fights on UFC.COM.

How is it that Dream, Affliction, can play all their fights, and they are nowhere close to having the money UFC.COM has? Can you say, UFC needs to give the hardcore fans what they want? Probally not.
I mean, why not put the whole undercard for free on UFC.COM? I just dont get it.

I know what you're saying and I've given it some thought as well. Usually when the ufc does something that someone doesnt like (in this case the hardcore fans), its usually because of business strategy.

Why didn't they sign fedor? business strategy.
Why did they give lesnar the title shot? business strategy.
Why did dana slam fedor? business strategy.

every time we get frustrated with the ufc or dana white, there's usually some form of business strategy behind it. In the case of undercard fights... I guess we really need some more numbers and data to really figure it out:

like what it would cost to occupy a 5 hour time slot on spike versus a 3 hour time slot versus the added ad revenue.

how would mainstream fans feel about the prelims? we all know that in terms of sheer action, the prelims are usually as good as the main card... but we all have our casual friends who wont even watch the main card on a hyped ppv and who only care about the headliners. Having all the fights televised may be too much mma for the casual fans.

My thoughts would be for them to allow other sites to host the videos of the prelims... hosting them on ufc.com would eat up bandwidth and cost them a lot of money... why not just let other sites host? is the ufc really getting that much revenue from charging per prelim fight? are the prelims a big part of dvd sales? are they even on the dvds? Like i said... theres a lot of questions that need to be answered around this topic... but all i wanna know is i love to watch prelims and i hate the slow load time on rutube
RampageOwnedYou
2/6/09 5:32:42PM
Please dont reply to my post about UFC doing free stuff. I get it. The whole point is, what about when we pay 60 bucks for an event, why cant we see all the fights? I dont understand, how its a problem for them to do this. Seems to me, as if they want to take more money from us, because they know those people will pay the money on UFC. COM to pay to see the undercard fights. To me its ludacris, plain and simple.
loller90278
2/6/09 5:44:11PM
during pride's reign i couldn't go to the bathroom because they rushed to the fights so fast. with UFC i have time to make a sandwhich in between fights. UFC has to show clips from their sponsers, upcoming events, post fight interviews, walk out entrances, etc etc.
casey64
2/6/09 6:27:49PM
Sweet, hope Clemnti gts his weight.
RampageOwnedYou
2/6/09 6:51:26PM
Agree Wapttn

during pride's reign i couldn't go to the bathroom because they rushed to the fights so fast. with UFC i have time to make a sandwhich in between fights. UFC has to show clips from their sponsers, upcoming events, post fight interviews, walk out entrances, etc etc.

What pride were you watching? If anything UFC seems quicker. During main events, they do take a bit of time. But how can you even use this as an excuse? Thats just riddiculous.....if this is such a problem, go buy a PVR the rest of us, you would be very happy with it. I could only imagine.
StorminYourman
2/6/09 7:11:19PM

Posted by RampageOwnedYou

DVD sales is my best guess.
loller90278
2/6/09 7:11:47PM
hey man i'm not complaining, just stating the facts. the latest pride i remember doing this was pride 33.
nickcuc547
2/6/09 8:13:20PM

Posted by loller90278

true but don't you think those sponsor plugs that hold things up are the reason why the ufc is still around and pride is dead?
4u2nv
2/6/09 10:10:07PM
the under card is just as good as the main card expect the Cain fight.
odogg22
2/6/09 10:58:35PM
All the fighters made weight
sparky
2/7/09 3:57:43PM
Overall solid card but 4 fights is bunk I know im speaking for more then me. They need to show more fights!