Fight Night 17 Main Card??

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Fight Night 17 Main Card??
punkstrings
1/7/09 10:43:18PM
The televised cards looks a little weak, I would much rather see Fioravanti vs Johnson or Clementi vs Tibau befor Amir Sadollah.

from mma junkie:

The official fight card includes:

MAIN CARD (Televised)

Hermes Franca vs. Joe Lauzon
Denis Stojnic vs. Cain Velasquez
Mac Danzig vs. Josh Neer
Nick Catone vs. Amir Sadollah
PRELIMINARY CARD (Un-televised)

Rob Emerson vs. Kurt Pellegrino
Jake Rosholt vs. Alessio Sakara
Matt Grice vs. George Sotiropoulos
Rich Clementi vs. Gleison Tibau
Luigi Fioravanti vs. Anthony Johnson
Steve Bruno vs. Matthew Riddle*

..your thoughts...
cowcatcher
1/7/09 10:48:17PM

Posted by punkstrings

The televised cards looks a little weak, I would much rather see Fioravanti vs Johnson or Clementi vs Tibau befor Amir Sadollah.

i agree with you on that, but he won tuf and those guys are built up to be stars, and obviously its the right thing to do considering the ratings boon mma has seen since TUF 1s finale, and the fact that 2 winners have held titles now. amir seems to get into trouble and come back to win in all his fights though and it makes for a damn good watch.
Hendo67
1/7/09 10:52:01PM

Posted by punkstrings

Agreed, totally.
DangerousDjohn
1/7/09 10:53:49PM
They usually show five fights. Im pretty sure Fioravanti-Johnson will be on there.
ThaAxeMurderer7
1/7/09 11:36:15PM
I want to see ALL the fights. It would really be if they added an extra hour on. Didn't they do that for the Fight Night last April with Kenny vs. Joe as the headliner?
bobbydoomocculta
1/7/09 11:45:31PM

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by punkstrings

i agree with you on that, but he won tuf and those guys are built up to be stars, and obviously its the right thing to do considering the ratings boon mma has seen since TUF 1s finale, and the fact that 2 winners have held titles now. amir seems to get into trouble and come back to win in all his fights though and it makes for a damn good watch.

3 winners got titles... I know you know that though...
Twenty20Dollars
1/7/09 11:56:44PM
Well you do have two TUF winners that is prolly why, Mac and Amir.

And fight night 17 is only slated to broadcast 4 fights unless they have time to show prelims in between the main card.
cowcatcher
1/8/09 12:00:18AM

Posted by bobbydoomocculta

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by punkstrings

3 winners got titles... I know you know that though...

i didnt count serra since he was an established fighter, but it would have added to my argument.
Franklinfan47
1/8/09 12:23:57AM

Posted by Hendo67

Posted by punkstrings

Agreed, totally.

I think ufc recognizes that Clementi and Tibau don't always put on the most exciting fights, even though I think it will be a good tilt. I think Fioravanti vs Johnson should be on there for sure, but it may be because Fioravanti's been grinding out boring decisions lately. Another one I would like to see on there is Emerson vs Pellegrino, think it will be a great fight.