UFC Fight Night 17 Knockout of the Night: Cain - Really?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » UFC Fight Night 17 Knockout of the Night: Cain - Really?
theguido
2/8/09 9:55:07AM
Don't get me wrong he looked great all together. But come on KO of the night.
Johnson and Veach both had more exciting ends to there fight IMO.

Your oipinion???
tmas
2/8/09 10:40:57AM
Johnson for sure
whardin19
2/8/09 11:27:07AM
I think Veach should have got KO of the night. In my opinion the stoppage was fine. Although Grice had Veach hurt bad in the same way.
jiujitsufreak74
2/8/09 11:29:31AM

Posted by whardin19

I think Veach should have got KO of the night. In my opinion the stoppage was fine. Although Grice had Veach hurt bad in the same way.

Grice had Veach hurt at least three times as badly...but i do agree that Veach should have received KOTN.
Bowen50
2/8/09 11:41:55AM
Veach or Johnson would have been understandable picks
Franklinfan47
2/8/09 11:58:13AM
I found this odd as well. Possibly the ufc trying to build up Cain by giving him KOTNs? That would be unfair if they picked awards bonuses like that but when Shogun vs Coleman gets a FOTN, theres something wrong there.
scoozna
2/8/09 2:06:42PM
Definitely not the Cain fight, even he was disappointed at the finish.

I think Veach (or even Grice...lol).
Khaos
2/8/09 2:19:49PM
I say Rumble should have gotten it, he had the most conclusive finish, Grice wasn't out, and Cain didn't know the ref ended the fight at first, he though he was being stood up, then found out it was over. Agagin it should have gone to Rumble.
nickcuc547
2/8/09 3:01:16PM
i didn't mind cain taking it, his was just as good as the other two imo.
bls1919
2/8/09 6:08:27PM
I dont have a problem with cain getting the KOTN. He dominated the fight through and through.
gsquat
2/8/09 6:42:38PM
I guess it was awarded to him for the sheer dominance. If Stojnic didn't have such a hard head it would've been a KO. Another amazing performance by Cain though. I bet you just about any other top HW would have a way harder time finishing Dennis.
ToeZup
2/8/09 7:04:37PM
I guess it could have been given to a few guys that night. What better way to get the HW division rolling again though. Cain deserved it though seriously. Lots of good fights last night.
Twenty20Dollars
2/8/09 7:23:32PM
Veach should have gotten it, because he almost got beat several times and then came back and got the tko.
roadking95th
2/8/09 9:19:01PM
Johnson, Veach, and GRICE had better KO's. Cain and Johnson had the better performances. So, I would have given it to Rumble baby!
EvenFlow
2/8/09 10:53:13PM
This is just my 2 cents but I think all this will help Cain in the long run, the questionable stoppage, the tough oppoent and the KOTN for a TKO. Thats gonna get under Cain's skin imo, he probably dosnt feel like he earned KOTN and you could tell he didnt like the stoppage and he'll work twice as hard to smash guys like this is under 3 minutes, granted that dude was a tough s.o.b.
slapshot
2/9/09 6:28:20AM
OK and TKO are two different definitions for a reason....