UFC Fight Night 19: Huerta Vs Maynard

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » UFC Fight Night 19: Huerta Vs Maynard
MMAcca
6/25/09 4:24:45PM
A lightweight match-up between Roger Huerta and Gray Maynard has been agreed to for UFC Fight Night 19, MMAWeekly.com has learned.

The bout was first reported as a possibility by Sherdog.com, and subsequently confirmed by sources close to the fight. The event is scheduled for Sept. 16, at the Cox Convention Center in Oklahoma City.

LINK
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
6/25/09 4:39:57PM
sounds like a sure fire way to send huerta off with a loss .
Twenty20Dollars
6/25/09 4:44:27PM
Decent fight, I think grays wrestling will be too much. Just going to "bully" huerta for 3 rounds.
kopower
6/25/09 4:47:40PM
Agree with both you guys. Huerta is gonna get worked for 15 min. Probably will have to take a break from modeling for awhile after Maynard gnp's his face for 3 rounds
Khaos
6/25/09 4:59:59PM
Huerta is gonna get bullied out of a UFC contract.
shevtheman
6/25/09 5:09:51PM
Until Huerta threw that knee as far as i remember he was getting out wrestled by Clay Guida, so he'll damn sure get out wrestled by Maynard.
MMAcca
6/25/09 5:54:33PM

Posted by kopower

Probably will have to take a break from modeling for awhile after Maynard gnp's his face for 3 rounds

Might have crossed Dana's mind
Mayhem13
6/25/09 6:16:26PM
yeah, Grey should take a 1 sided Decision here...by picking Huerta up, and slamming him numerous times.

Huerta may land a few suprise attacks here and there...but will get frustrated and sloppy..and possibly throw a dozen superman punches in a row.
KaibaThedon
6/25/09 6:24:57PM
WAR BULLY

Huerta was out pointed and out-everything'd by KenFlo in his last fight. Gray Maynard looked absolutely stellar in his last fight with Jim Miller.

I see much of the same result, and going to select Gray Maynard by a whopping 30-27 30-27 30-27 Unanimous Decision Victory.
sparky
6/25/09 6:36:01PM
I can see Maynard pulling a lay and pray on Huerta.
cheesy-maggot
6/25/09 6:51:22PM
I guess i'll be the first to say, WAR HUERTA. Eventhough it does look like it will be really hard for him to win this, im still going to pick him.
wrona666
6/25/09 7:06:32PM
God i hope Huerta KO's Maynard......I can't stand to see another lay and pray victory notch in Maynards belt.......I mean sure the guy has good wrestling skills, but i can't stand watching his fights.......Maybe if he actually worked some submissions or some decent ground and pound he would be worth watching....
Mr_Dead_Sexy
6/25/09 7:23:34PM

Posted by wrona666

God i hope Huerta KO's Maynard......I can't stand to see another lay and pray victory notch in Maynards belt.......I mean sure the guy has good wrestling skills, but i can't stand watching his fights.......Maybe if he actually worked some submissions or some decent ground and pound he would be worth watching....

The Jim Miller fight was well worth watching, IMO.
chickmagnet
6/25/09 8:08:32PM
I think Gray can take Huerta wherever the fight goes. Huerta is going to have some serious ring rust. Gray is a top lightweigh in my opinion. Most people dont recognize it because he hasnt headlined a fightcard. I think Gray will get the respect he deserves after this one. He dominated and outwrestled Frankie Edgar, who we all know is a huge threat in the division. He dominated Rich Clementi, and Jim Miller who are both very talented fighters. After Gray beats Huerta I think they should match him up with someone like Sanchez or possibly an Edgar rematch.
telnights
6/25/09 8:17:49PM
This is clearly a one sided fight baring some lucky punch or knee. Maynard is a beast at LW and has soundly beaten guys that could beat Huerta so I don't see Maynard having many problems with Huerta.
xphycorx
6/25/09 8:22:25PM
huerta won't be able to model anymore after maynard breaks his face.
seanfu
6/25/09 8:22:42PM
Yeah, Maynard absolutely dominated Frankie Edgar after Edgar had just beaten Tyson Griffin and Clay Guida.

So, ouch for Huerta.

But I hope some day we can see Sanchez Huerta, holy freakin god would that be a war.
prozacnation1978
6/25/09 10:42:37PM
good fight will end in a decision either way