UFC Fight Night 29 bonuses: Palhares snubbed for sub award

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » UFC Fight Night 29 bonuses: Palhares snubbed for sub award
« Previous Page
prophecy033
10/10/13 1:24:36PM

Posted by bjj1605

Posted by jae_1833

It's been more than once now...I would take it a step farther and cut him. Too many issues inside the cage at this point.

I think that's excessive.

A fine and a suspension, on top of this snub, ought to do the trick.

If it happens again, ya cut him.

Excessive. See Babalu for excessive
Webbie
10/10/13 1:29:34PM

Posted by jae_1833

It's been more than once now...I would take it a step farther and cut him. Too many issues inside the cage at this point.

I agree. Palhares has gotten away with this shit way too many times now.

When a fighter has done something like this so often that you're actually expecting it to happen, that's a pretty good sign that it's time to do something about it.
bjj1605
10/10/13 5:29:45PM

Posted by Poor_Franklin

I think knees are something everyone cherishes & people get that cringy feeling when they think of their own being hurt. If he didnt go so violently with the subs, I dont think itd be as much of an issue. Not saying he shouldn't go hard with a sub. Just saying the torque he puts on a leg with his obvious lack of awareness of a tap or a ref getting on him makes it such a big deal with people, including myself. But I totally see your point

On the other hand, guys don't exactly play nice when they're defending subs the way they do in the gym. You kinda have to go for the kill or guys spazz out of them.

Also, now that I've actually seen the fight, I don't think it was as bad as everyone is making it out to be.
Pages: 1 [2]