UFC FIGHT NIGHT $30,000 BONUSES HANDED DOWN

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » UFC FIGHT NIGHT $30,000 BONUSES HANDED DOWN
SmileR
9/18/08 1:09:40PM
Following UFC Fight Night 15 in Omaha, Neb., Ultimate Fighting Championship officials informed MMAWeekly.com of the fighter bonuses as handed down by the promotion after the event’s conclusion.

Each fighter was handed a $30,000 bonus for their efforts including Fight of the Night, Knockout of the Night and Submission of the Night.

“Ultimate Fighter” season 5 winner Nate Diaz pulled off a split decision win over a very game opponent in Josh Neer and both fighters were rewarded with a Fight of the Night bonus.

Alessio Sakara sent a message to the middleweight division that he will always bring the fight as he finished off newcomer Joe Vedepo with a vicious head kick that earned him a Knockout of the night.

Wilson Gouveia made an impressive debut in the 185-pound weight class with a slick armbar submission, picking up the win over Ryan Jensen, and a $30,000 Submission of the Night bonus as well.

UFC FIGHT NIGHT 15 AWARDS AND BONUSES:

Fight of the Night:
-Nate Diaz vs. Josh Neer

Knockout of the Night:
-Alessio Sakara

Submission of the Night:
-Wilson Gouveia

Link
president234
9/18/08 1:23:51PM
Is it just me or was Ed Herman ripped off?
xtra_chewy
9/18/08 1:36:16PM

Posted by president234

Yes.
billycarnage
9/18/08 1:39:30PM

Posted by president234

I was just as suprised as Belcher was, just not as excited. I thought Herman won 2 rounds to 1 but he should have tried a different sub. He seemed fixated on the dars choke... He shouldn't have traded as much either. Don't leave it to the judges.
CantAndleDaRiddum
9/18/08 2:22:23PM
IMO, herman got screwed from a scoring point of view......but belcher got what he deserved by actually setting the pace & winning the fight
does that make sense?
nickcuc547
9/18/08 3:42:41PM

Posted by CantAndleDaRiddum

IMO, herman got screwed from a scoring point of view......but belcher got what he deserved by actually setting the pace & winning the fight
does that make sense?

no, herman won the fight by clearly winning the first and third rounds, setting the pace is a crap shoot unless you can set the pace in a clay guida fashion.
MMAcca
9/18/08 3:44:37PM
The 3rd was Belcher's imo. Herman didn't do a lot until the end of the round
wrona666
9/18/08 5:45:55PM
It was a close fight, but i think Belcher did a lot more damage the only real damage Herman did was take downs.....IMO I dont think a fight should be won based on take downs if you are not effective in submission attempts....
Wolfenstein
9/18/08 7:28:58PM
I felt it was really close to a draw. Herman finished each round strong, but there was about 4 mnutes each round of him getting demolished on his feet. To me an attempted darce choke isn't as significant as 10 kicks and punches. I wanted Herman to win, but I felt he just baely lost this fight. If he had 20 more seconds in the third round he probably could have won this fight. He just didn't turn up the heat until the fight was almost over.
warglory
9/18/08 11:09:26PM
I think Danzig/Guida easily should have received fight of the night. Awesome match that had my standing on my feet cheering Clay on.
CantAndleDaRiddum
9/19/08 1:23:34AM

Posted by nickcuc547

Posted by CantAndleDaRiddum

does that make sense?

no, herman won the fight by clearly winning the first and third rounds, setting the pace is a crap shoot unless you can set the pace in a clay guida fashion.

oh well i tried
i said herman got screwed from a scoring perspective, as in herman shoulda won the fight