at HW fight that needs to happen!

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » at HW fight that needs to happen!
Violence108
10/21/08 9:05:08PM
Cheick Kongo vs Antoni Hardonk

Ben_Hutch
10/21/08 9:09:10PM
Nice idea but won't happen to soon as Kongo's fighing Mustapha Al-Turk at UFC 92.
Violence108
10/21/08 9:14:18PM
yeah but those are the best 2 stand up guys at HW i think and it would be a great fight
juanez13
10/21/08 9:20:45PM
Hardonk would kill him standing, but with the way Kongo has been fighting lately, i'd take him to win a decision. He would just take Hardonk down and drag out a decision, standing i'd say its a matter of time before Hardonk puts him down with a straight left or a left hook.
Twenty20Dollars
10/21/08 9:46:38PM
It could happen if both of them win their next fights. Yeah I think hardonk would have to KO kongo, because once kongo got hurt in the stand up he would just take the fight down and grind out a lay n prey.

Unless they both just decided to stand then it would be an excellent fight like eddie sanchez vs hardonk.
copcopps
10/21/08 10:20:46PM
Kongo I think would mess up Hardonk actually
cmill21
10/21/08 10:31:47PM

Posted by copcopps

Where? I'm just not sure if your aware of Antoni's pedigree on the feet.
copcopps
10/21/08 10:35:38PM

Posted by cmill21

Posted by copcopps

Has he ever competed in K-1? I've never seen him in there honestly I'll admit that
haggiswashere
10/21/08 10:40:11PM

Posted by copcopps

Posted by cmill21

Posted by copcopps

Has he ever competed in K-1? I've never seen him in there honestly I'll admit that

ya he did. i knew that ever since i looked him up on wikipedia literally just barely.......
loonytnt
10/21/08 10:42:17PM
kongo vs big foot imo
juanez13
10/21/08 11:02:09PM

Posted by copcopps

Posted by cmill21

Posted by copcopps

yea, he's fought the likes of Bard Hari, and trains with Ernesto Hoost.
cmill21
10/21/08 11:17:47PM

Posted by haggiswashere

Posted by copcopps

Posted by cmill21

Posted by copcopps

ya he did. i knew that ever since i looked him up on wikipedia literally just barely.......

Hahaha. Yeah he's acctually more then likely the best kickboxer in the UFC at the moment. Kongo would probably take him down ala Herring though.
bls1919
10/22/08 5:33:53PM
I would like to see Hardok vs Shane Carwin. Precioson striking vs Brute forceand 5xl gloves.
Violence108
3/22/09 2:22:43PM
Man i called this one !!!
UFC 97

WAR HARDONK!!!!!!!!!!!!!
bls1919
3/23/09 7:19:26PM
Nice dig. I am going with Kongo though. Should be a great fight.
Dragoslav
3/24/09 5:34:57PM
I don't think Kongo will want any part of Hardonk's standup after the first 15 seconds. That said, the only guy in HW who probably has worse TD defense than Kongo IS Hardonk. Kongo will realize he's outlcassed on the feet and look to lay n pray for the next 14:45 to get the win.
Franklinfan47
3/25/09 12:22:24PM

Hardonk has so much experience in kickboxing that I dont think Kongo is going to be able to outclass him like he usually does with his opponents. I do feel Kongo's size and strength will be too much Hardonk however, so whether he decides to take Hardonk down or possible try to grind it out on the feet with Hardonk, I think Kongo takes this by a decision.
slapshot
3/25/09 5:42:36PM

Posted by Dragoslav

I don't think Kongo will want any part of Hardonk's standup after the first 15 seconds.

Thats what people said about crocop as well. For some reason I think Kongo can handle him in the striking.
cmill21
3/25/09 8:07:32PM
If kongo's losing he'll just clinch up and knee hardonk in the balls to take him off his game.
breakdown5
3/25/09 8:26:14PM

Posted by cmill21

If kongo's losing he'll just clinch up and knee hardonk in the balls to take him off his game.

I was thinking the exact same thing when I was reading through these posts. When in doubt, clinch and through repeated shots to the junk. No one can lose using the Kongo technique.
cmill21
3/25/09 8:34:20PM

Posted by breakdown5

Posted by cmill21

I was thinking the exact same thing when I was reading through these posts. When in doubt, clinch and through repeated shots to the junk. No one can lose using the Kongo technique.

Worst you can do is a N/C
NatedawgThaM
3/25/09 10:08:18PM

Posted by cmill21

LMAO!!!! THAT WAS CLASSIC DUDE!!!

EDIT: 4get it I just finally saw Antoni vs Eddie. I think Kongo could actually give him a beating. Eddie dropped him twice and almost stopped him the second time and Eddies not even that great of a wrestler and he would take him down and land in side mount. Kongo trains with great wrestlers, has better conditioning, in better shape and hits harder then Sanchez IMO and could definitely KO him if he lands those same punches.

I'm not saying Kongo is a better striker but has better defense and is better technically then Sanchez so I def think Kongo won't let him tee off on his legs or body them with them leg kicks or knees like Sanchez and he won't gas that fast and throw for the fences the whole time. I just feel Kongo is the better all around fighter and will pull this out. I actually got Kongo stopping him in the 2nd.