Fight Matrix Rankings

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Fight Matrix Rankings
BloodMeridian
2/14/08 5:49:54PM
I came across this website today: Fight Matrix

They provide detailed and current MMA rankings that are computer based from official results. I'm a bit of a data freak and like to see how things play out on paper with no human involvement, even if it leaves some of my favorite fighters in the lurch.
imanidiot777
2/14/08 6:10:10PM
It looks pretty nice and it has some disagreements with the mmaweekly.com rankings. I like this site better. Thanks alot.
jiujitsufreak74
2/14/08 8:17:23PM
ever heard of college football...statistical rankings never work no matter how good they look on paper, just look at the BCS. its a nice idea but not applicable in real life.
Pookie
2/14/08 8:22:21PM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

ever heard of college football...statistical rankings never work no matter how good they look on paper, just look at the BCS. its a nice idea but not applicable in real life.

agreed.
If gomi is #1 LW on your rankings, your rankings are wrong.
rabbit915
2/14/08 9:35:27PM
I really like this system. Its one of the first statistical systems that ive seen that generates rankings in a way close to to a non-statistical approach. I also like how they rank all the way out to 60. I will be frequented this site in the future.
iwannabesedated
2/14/08 9:47:34PM
Uh....NO Dan Henderson At MW what the ***** up with that.
rabbit915
2/14/08 10:30:27PM
They explain why dan henderson isnt ranked in MW in the info. They only rank a guy at one division and its always the division that his last fight was in unless that fight was a one time thing.