Who will fight Jason Lambert at UFC 88 now that Jason day is out?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Who will fight Jason Lambert at UFC 88 now that Jason day is out?
ricoj3323
8/19/08 4:14:59AM
According to mmaweekly, Jason day had to withdraw from the fight due to an injury, I say the best matchup would be Matt Riddle from T.U.F 7 , that would be a great match and I would take riddle by tko in 2nd rd

What do you think
fonduktoe
8/19/08 5:07:50AM
most of the decent fighters in the mw division are tied up so i wouldn't be surprised to see lambert get a ufc newcomer (they ufc loves "hazing" octagon virgins with short training notices)
i'm curious to see how lambert's physique and skill set will do at 185 so i hope he gets game competition as opposed to a can
breakdown5
8/19/08 8:15:40AM

Posted by fonduktoe

most of the decent fighters in the mw division are tied up so i wouldn't be surprised to see lambert get a ufc newcomer (they ufc loves "hazing" octagon virgins with short training notices)
i'm curious to see how lambert's physique and skill set will do at 185 so i hope he gets game competition as opposed to a can

My first thought was exactly the same. The UFC will only be able to get a UFC virgin to sacrifice on such short notice. They will fill out the card, but who knows if the fight will be any good.
Mayhem13
8/19/08 8:59:11AM
I'm gonna say Alessio Sakara
Pyrenus
8/19/08 9:28:54AM
Surely there's a ex-TUF fighter out there somewhere who has kept at it, patiently waiting for the call.
KiramtuKunet
8/19/08 9:49:59AM

Posted by breakdown5

Posted by fonduktoe

My first thought was exactly the same. The UFC will only be able to get a UFC virgin to sacrifice on such short notice. They will fill out the card, but who knows if the fight will be any good.

That would be a perfect opponent.
dannyfrank
8/19/08 12:06:27PM
i think it would be a good test for riddle
Khaos
8/19/08 12:47:27PM
maybe put Amir in there
nickcuc547
8/19/08 1:37:50PM
where's rory singer been??
ToeZup
8/19/08 2:00:09PM

Posted by Mayhem13

You know I wouldn't mind watching that.

He could fight Ed Herman or Justin Levens. I think Jason should fight Levens, it would be a good test for him.
Twenty20Dollars
8/19/08 3:18:19PM
it wont be riddle,sakara or levens. actually i dont even know that jason will get a new opponent for ufc 88 they might give him another opponent but push him back to a different card.

but he could fight marvin eastman
or jorge rivera
nickcuc547
8/19/08 4:14:57PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

it wont be riddle,sakara or levens. actually i dont even know that jason will get a new opponent for ufc 88 they might give him another opponent but push him back to a different card.

but he could fight marvin eastman
or jorge rivera

i doubt rivera, his daughter just died. i think they will find a replacement and it will be probably somebody we haven't heard of.
mrkennedy
8/19/08 4:41:15PM

Posted by ToeZup

Posted by Mayhem13

You know I wouldn't mind watching that.

He could fight Ed Herman or Justin Levens. I think Jason should fight Levens, it would be a good test for him.

WTF Levens he is not with the ufc
Khaos
8/19/08 5:04:44PM

Posted by nickcuc547

where's rory singer been??

MIA lol, he hasn't fought since losing to Jason MacDonald.
RandyCouture
8/19/08 5:08:27PM
Just Read Jason Mcdonald is going to fight him
Khaos
8/19/08 5:09:37PM
I'm sure Eastman is out of the UFC, plus he has an upcoming fight with Dennis Kang.
pdanke
8/19/08 8:32:27PM

Posted by RandyCouture

Just Read Jason Mcdonald is going to fight him

Yeah, I saw that too. Very unusual to fight on back-to-back cards, especially after losing an exhausting 3 rounder.... but if he can get him on the ground he's got a shot at it, especially if Lambert's gas tank is taxed due to the cut like Swick and Vera were.

Jason's out... who's going to fight Jason now? Jason. Jason Jason Jason.
fonduktoe
8/20/08 2:59:10AM
jason "the jason assassin" jasonson could easily cut to 185 and be a threat