Fight with hype.Who would win this bout?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Fight with hype.Who would win this bout?
mrsmiley
11/11/07 8:46:50AM
Okay.While I don't take this question too serious because we have only seen both fight once,who take this match?

Broc Lesnar VS Kimbo Slice

Manfred
11/11/07 8:51:36AM
Too early to tell since it's so early in both their MMA development.

I'd lean towards Kimbo since he's been with Bas for awhile now.

If Brock has a good chin, then Brock via LNP or GNP. Otherwise, Kimbo via KO or sub.
ohiostate1016
11/11/07 9:40:01AM
You know, I've been thinking about this possible matchup for awhile now, and I don't know who would win. Apparently, Kimbo now has a little bit of grappling skills, but I don't know if he could stand up if Brock took him down. Brock's only chance would be to take Kimbo down, and hope that he wouldn't be able to get up. But if he shoots in, Kimbo could pop him on the chin, and possibly KO him.

At this point, I have no idea, but I'd have to go with Brock, just because it's easier to take a guy down (assuming that Kimbo doesn't have Chuck-like takedown defense) than it is to keep him standing. I don't know if Brock would submit him, but he'd probably win via lay n pray.
lilz_gangsta
11/11/07 10:02:01AM
thats and easy one...kimbo 1st round k.o
Aaronno9
11/11/07 12:10:33PM

Posted by ohiostate1016

You know, I've been thinking about this possible matchup for awhile now, and I don't know who would win. Apparently, Kimbo now has a little bit of grappling skills, but I don't know if he could stand up if Brock took him down. Brock's only chance would be to take Kimbo down, and hope that he wouldn't be able to get up. But if he shoots in, Kimbo could pop him on the chin, and possibly KO him.

At this point, I have no idea, but I'd have to go with Brock, just because it's easier to take a guy down (assuming that Kimbo doesn't have Chuck-like takedown defense) than it is to keep him standing. I don't know if Brock would submit him, but he'd probably win via lay n pray.

I see youve changed your tune since i started this thread and you pretty much used it to call me an idiot and say how kimbo didnt stand a chance.....
rcg916
11/11/07 12:37:48PM

Posted by lilz_gangsta

thats and easy one...kimbo 1st round k.o

Get off Kimbo's nuts.
Twenty20Dollars
11/11/07 8:44:32PM
I doubt kimbo has the cardio of brock. I think brock could take him down easy and get a ground n pound.
HulkRage
11/12/07 6:27:22AM
Again, way too early to tell, but I would go with Lesner GnP.
atlas777
11/12/07 11:39:01AM
I dont even know i think i might lean towards kimbo but i just dont know so im going to go for a no contest so im not wrong
tlangley
11/19/07 6:02:21PM
It's too early for both of them to really tell but from what i've seen from both of them so far i would say Kimbo if he can keep it standing and Brock if he can keep kimbo down.
MMAFightClothes
11/20/07 1:03:44PM
Like most others I'm not sure, but if it stays on the feet you have to give the advantage to Kimbo and if Brock can get him down he has the advantage. I think it would stay standing, so I'm going with Kimbo.
veritas
11/21/07 2:24:26AM
Id lean toward lesnar. he has far superior grappling skills and how good can kimbo really be off his back. If lesnar can eat a punch or two then he can ride this one out to a decision or just pound the sh!t out of him
cmill21
11/21/07 2:26:36AM
Someone by slop. It would be a weird bout to watch lol. I'd rather see Kimbo in the UFC then Lesnar though. I think he will be a sean sherk like HW..ala Jake obrian
NatedawgThaM
11/21/07 2:29:07AM
I think Kimbo would press Brock and try to brawl and I'd see Brock brawling since I think he has a good chin. But once Kimbo starts hitting him hard, brock will take him to the ground and then ground and pound him out in the 2nd IMO.
ncordless
11/21/07 3:31:01AM
IF this fight happened... I would almost expect it to be a work... you know what I mean?
madmarck
11/21/07 8:12:15AM
Brock has at leas 50lbs on Kimbo.
Lot more strenght and wreslting skill.

For subs i would say they are bout same:
Brock trained with Royce and MFS
Kimbo trains at Xtreme Couture

I dont think the stnad up would matter becuase Brock would be able to take Kimbo down at will and dominate him.
Brock by TKO in the 1st or mayeb a Kimuara/Gullitoine