The Fight to end all Fights

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » The Fight to end all Fights
POLL: Who takes this war?
The Silverback 38% (14)
The Grizzly 51% (19)
Both die it's so closely matched 11% (4)
Boo_Radley21
1/19/10 10:55:08PM
Here it is everyone, the big one. The biggest fight ever between two top heavyweights in the animal kingdom.

Grizzly Bear vs Silverback Gorilla

I have no idea who to pick in this. Sometimes I will think I have it all figured out but then just still can't decide for good. The bear is huge, has claws, huge teeth and a mean swat. Can also outrun a racehorse, and bite through an inch and a half of steel. But a gorilla has the arms and can probably grapple, and is also ridiculously strong. Not to mention also has gigantic teeth like the bears do. I gotta go gorilla as of right now by taking the bears back and biting his neck or something.

Discuss

Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1 Photo Attachment 2 Photo Attachment 3 Photo Attachment 4
SmileR
1/19/10 11:10:29PM
The Grizzly!! Theirs a program that does this sort of thing on the discovery channel but i can't remember what it was called.
Basically the grizzly won something like 80% of the time because it charged the gorilla and then mauled it to death. I wish I could remember what it was called man!
On a unrelated note, you have the best questions floating around in your head!
kopower
1/19/10 11:11:07PM
I would go with the Silverback as well. He probably would get sliced up a bit but I think would be much stronger and like you said, has the ability to grapple a bit and break the bear's neck.

Silverback via broken neck

A local radio show actually did a 64 animal bracket last year and had people vote to see what animal would rein supreme. Can't remember off hand what it came down too but I think a polar bear and black rhino were in the finals.
ncordless
1/19/10 11:12:58PM
Grizzly via Bear Hug round 2.

I think the Gorilla may take top position in the scramble and wind up on top and Donkey Kong the Grizzly for a second, but eventually the bear's superior hands (ie bear claws) and height advantage will spell doom for the Gorilla. The Grizzly would soften him up with jabs from the outside and when he does catch the Gorilla move in quickly for a Bear Hug, which he is so good at they named it after him. What Kimura is to kimuras, Grizzly Bear is to bear hugs.
1daveufc
1/20/10 2:35:00AM
Grizzly via serious GnP LOL
CwB
1/20/10 5:18:41AM

Posted by kopower

I would go with the Silverback as well. He probably would get sliced up a bit but I think would be much stronger and like you said, has the ability to grapple a bit and break the bear's neck.

Silverback via broken neck

A local radio show actually did a 64 animal bracket last year and had people vote to see what animal would rein supreme. Can't remember off hand what it came down too but I think a polar bear and black rhino were in the finals.

Damn never thought about it but, What could beat a Rhino???

Hippo maybe... I say

Bear over Gorilla (Tough one to call though)

Hippo over Bear

Rhino over everything...
george112
1/23/10 3:12:49PM
im actually surprised so many people picked the bear.

i personally gotta go with the gorilla.

smarter
faster
just as strong

the bear has claws and all that but dont forget just how big silver backs get.i see a few clubs coming the bears way via huge gorilla fists

i got gorilla via R2 broken face
AchillesHeel
1/23/10 6:48:43PM
I seriously doubt gorillas are as strong as grizzly bears. A big gorilla - ~300 lbs - is the size of a small grizzly. An adult male grizzly can weigh 1,000 lbs and can be 9 feet tall when standing upright.

EDIT: According to Wikipedia, "Occasionally, a silverback of over 1.8 metres (5 ft 11 in) and 230 kg (510 lb) has been recorded in the wild." So a huge silverback is half the size of a huge grizzly.
george112
1/23/10 7:26:48PM

Posted by AchillesHeel

I seriously doubt gorillas are as strong as grizzly bears. A big gorilla - ~300 lbs - is the size of a small grizzly. An adult male grizzly can weigh 1,000 lbs and can be 9 feet tall when standing upright.

EDIT: According to Wikipedia, "Occasionally, a silverback of over 1.8 metres (5 ft 11 in) and 230 kg (510 lb) has been recorded in the wild." So a huge silverback is half the size of a huge grizzly.

The silverback gorilla can be found in groups of family members in the jungles of Africa, and they are highly territorial. This is one of only many dangers found in the jungle, and people would do well to steer way clear of these impressive specimens. A full grown male silverback gorilla can exceed five feet in height and weigh in excess of 400 pounds. They are extremely powerful, and dwarf human beings in the strength department.
this is from an actual site about gorillas

i dont really doubt that a grizzly bear is stronger than a gorilla.but take into account dexterity.a bears strength primarily can only be used for them to "push" something.thats not to say that they cant swat something really hard.they probably can.

BUT a gorilla has actual hands.they can lift hell they can probably punch to.

like i said gorilla takes this easy via R2 broken face
AchillesHeel
1/23/10 8:28:19PM
Gorilla vs. Grizzly = Urijah Faber vs. Brock Lesnar, if Brock is armed with a set of steak knives.
Pookie
1/23/10 8:40:15PM

Posted by AchillesHeel

Gorilla vs. Grizzly = Urijah Faber vs. Brock Lesnar, if Brock is armed with a set of steak knives.

Or Maybe, just Maybe...

Gorilla v. Grizzly = Jose Aldo vs. Tim Sylvia, if Tim is armed with brass knuckles.

Think about it...
Kpro
1/23/10 11:55:48PM
Hard to answer without knowing if either of them have received their BJJ black belts yet.
CwB
1/26/10 6:45:37PM
How's a gorrila gonna hang with footwork like this

Fancy Footwork
mkiv9secsupra
1/27/10 4:03:04PM
is there really any doubt? Bears these days start training so early that its really not even fair....Grizzly by KO
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1