Fight Camp Rankings - Can we get a detailed breakdown?

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA Playground Game Talk » Fight Camp Rankings - Can we get a detailed breakdown?
emfleek
9/18/08 11:35:25AM
Is there any chance that we can get a detailed breakdown on how the fight camp rankings system works? I think it would help everyone in the long run so certain things can be improved upon based on their relevance when it comes to the ranking system.

Feel free to tell me to piss off, too.
Shawn91111
9/18/08 12:12:04PM
The only thing I am wanting to know is how long does it take to update. I mean my fight camp has had 21 members prior to this past UFC fight night and we are still grouped in middleweights instead of LHW
SmileR
9/18/08 1:06:46PM
Piss off Fleek!
npayant
9/18/08 2:53:25PM

Posted by emfleek

Is there any chance that we can get a detailed breakdown on how the fight camp rankings system works? I think it would help everyone in the long run so certain things can be improved upon based on their relevance when it comes to the ranking system.

I feel the same way. I think I understand what is taken into account with the ranking system now, but I'm still not quite sure what is weighed more heavily, etc. (if anything at all is weighed more than another). It would be nice to see that all.

Example (and maybe just my guess):

Wagers: 35%

Pick Percentge: 25%

(People in your camp not picking all of the fights, etc. effecting your overall ranking as well).

So in this example, a camp leader would really want to focus on getting as much points as possible each time (you typically do anyway). But it wouldn't matter as much if you didn't get all of the picks (winners and losers) right if you were getting a lot of points from the ones you did get right.

OK... I'm starting to ramble now. Point is, I agree with emfleek.

emfleek
9/18/08 3:06:12PM
* Everyone in Sabotage, Inc. made ALL picks.
* It's saying Sabotage, Inc. has 12 members...we actually have 13.

* Sabotage, Inc. = 6th in average score
* Sabotage, Inc. = 11th in average earnings
* Sabotage, Inc. = 3rd in pick percentage

What formula is being used to calculate the final ranking/score for each team?
Pookie
9/18/08 5:32:19PM
Yes i am on this bandwagon as well.
backalley101
9/18/08 6:24:09PM
Can I get an amen on the breakdown of the point systems? Tonight I will pray to the MMA gods that we will get an answer.
Kracker_Jap
9/18/08 10:23:06PM

I kind of asked this but was ignored a bit on my stats and data thread
DoTheMMAth
9/19/08 11:23:42AM

Posted by emfleek

Piss off.

Ok, not really. Hopefully I can clear things up a bit here without talking in circles and/or sounding like an idjit...

The ranking system is based on the overall averages of 3 important statistics:
- average member earnings per event
- average member score per event
- average member win/loss percentage per event

When looking at the fight camp page and select (the default) "Display: Full Season Totals" you will see these 3 columns and the overall season average per team. You can sort by the column by clicking it.

Example: Emfleek, your team is currently in the Middleweight division. For this season you guys have the 6th best score per event average in the middleweight division, the 11th best earnings per event average in the middleweight division, and the 3rd best win/loss percentage in the middleweight division. To illustrate how you get an overall ranking of 5th, we can simply get the sum of these rankings, 11+3+5=18. There are 4 other teams in the middleweight division that have a lower sum than you, thus putting them ahead of you.

The ranks are comparative, and aren't judged on a curve. Being behind in a category by .1 points per event sucks, but this is MMA, not horseshoes or hand grenades ;-) To beat another team, you have to have better averages than them... and beat them.

It should also be noted that these totals are calculated based only on who is present in your camp and participates at the time of the event. Camp members that do not make any picks at all for an event simply are not factored in. If you boot a camp member, their performance while they were in your camp sticks. If you recruit a new member, only their performances while they are in your camp stick. A breakdown of who scored what for your camp can be viewed on the Fight Camp directory page, and selecting "Display: [then select an event name]". This will show a list of camp performances for a specific event. On this page there is also a link for each team under a "Breakdown" column. Here's how your fight camp did for for UFC 88 (nice job!). Here you can see who was present for that event. Member count (for ranking purposes) is determined by the average number of players present per event, which is why you see teams with 12.8 members, 11.2 members, etc. No, these camps don't have partial people or soulless terrorists in their fight camps, this is just the average number present per event thus far this season.

Hope this can clear things up a little, let me know if you have any other questions. I'll try to remember to check back in on this topic.
emfleek
9/19/08 11:40:00AM

Posted by DoTheMMAth

Posted by emfleek

Piss off.

Ok, not really. Hopefully I can clear things up a bit here without talking in circles and/or sounding like an idjit...

The ranking system is based on the overall averages of 3 important statistics:
- average member earnings per event
- average member score per event
- average member win/loss percentage per event

When looking at the fight camp page and select (the default) "Display: Full Season Totals" you will see these 3 columns and the overall season average per team. You can sort by the column by clicking it.

Example: Emfleek, your team is currently in the Middleweight division. For this season you guys have the 6th best score per event average in the middleweight division, the 11th best earnings per event average in the middleweight division, and the 3rd best win/loss percentage in the middleweight division. To illustrate how you get an overall ranking of 5th, we can simply get the sum of these rankings, 11+3+5=18. There are 4 other teams in the middleweight division that have a lower sum than you, thus putting them ahead of you.

The ranks are comparative, and aren't judged on a curve. Being behind in a category by .1 points per event sucks, but this is MMA, not horseshoes or hand grenades ;-) To beat another team, you have to have better averages than them... and beat them.

It should also be noted that these totals are calculated based only on who is present in your camp and participates at the time of the event. Camp members that do not make any picks at all for an event simply are not factored in. If you boot a camp member, their performance while they were in your camp sticks. If you recruit a new member, only their performances while they are in your camp stick. A breakdown of who scored what for your camp can be viewed on the Fight Camp directory page, and selecting "Display: [then select an event name]". This will show a list of camp performances for a specific event. On this page there is also a link for each team under a "Breakdown" column. Here's how your fight camp did for for UFC 88 (nice job!). Here you can see who was present for that event. Member count (for ranking purposes) is determined by the average number of players present per event, which is why you see teams with 12.8 members, 11.2 members, etc. No, these camps don't have partial people or soulless terrorists in their fight camps, this is just the average number present per event thus far this season.

Hope this can clear things up a little, let me know if you have any other questions. I'll try to remember to check back in on this topic.

That's exactly what I was looking for. Perfect!

Thanks, man!
juanez13
9/19/08 5:26:29PM
Just a couple things need to be updated, like Team Sure Shot no longer is, but its still there since the camp disbanded.

Thanks for the explanation too, was wondering about it myself.
Kracker_Jap
9/19/08 6:38:24PM
Sweet

THANKS MMAMATH
casey64
9/20/08 7:27:19PM
emfleek
9/22/08 9:27:51AM

Posted by juanez13

Just a couple things need to be updated, like Team Sure Shot no longer is, but its still there since the camp disbanded.

And Team Sure Shot actually went from #5 to #3 after UFC 88.

Kracker_Jap
9/22/08 11:33:55AM
Since it is all run on averages It would be cool to know the top 25 overall teams on the playground
emfleek
9/22/08 11:35:27AM

Posted by Kracker_Jap

Since it is all run on averages It would be cool to know the top 25 overall teams on the playground

Agreed. And even a badge for Overall Champion that can be given out to the Top P4P Fight Camp for each season.
wrestler189
9/22/08 12:05:26PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by Kracker_Jap

Agreed. And even a badge for Overall Champion that can be given out to the Top P4P Fight Camp for each season.

Would be unfair to include the smallest teams. Two people/1 person teams will obviously have much better scores/average than any other team.
emfleek
9/22/08 1:03:01PM

Posted by wrestler189

Would be unfair to include the smallest teams. Two people/1 person teams will obviously have much better scores/average than any other team.

Very true. Good point!
npayant
9/22/08 1:29:57PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by wrestler189

Very true. Good point!

You're all just jealous of my team's high average in everything!!!
wrestler189
9/23/08 12:43:19AM

Posted by npayant

Posted by emfleek

Posted by wrestler189

Very true. Good point!

You're all just jealous of my team's high average in everything!!!

The problem is with the smaller teams is one person can carry them

If the #1 guy is in the HVWTs, it doesnt mean his team will be at the top. Sure it helps, but it is spread throughout a bunch of guys

Our averages are pretty good considering how large our team is. Over 69% picks is solid
DoTheMMAth
9/23/08 11:26:58AM

Posted by juanez13

This problem will be corrected the next time the site has another UFC event.

DoTheMMAth
9/23/08 12:47:25PM

Posted by DoTheMMAth

Check that, it's corrected now.
wrestler189
9/24/08 11:29:43AM

Posted by DoTheMMAth

Posted by DoTheMMAth

Check that, it's corrected now.

Lol @ your AV