Fight camp question

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA Playground Game Talk » Fight camp question
KungFuMaster
4/18/12 11:52:01AM
If one of my fight camp members has incomplete picks and I remove him from the camp before the event - and then I let him back in after the event, will that harm our overall fight camp score in any way?

Scenario 1
- 10 members
- Each member scores 50 points for every event - for the whole season.

Scenario 2
- 10 members
- 9 members score 50 points for every event - for the whole season.
- 1 member scores 50 points for the majority of the events except for 2 during the season.
- For the 2 events which that 1 member did not participate, he was removed from the camp.

Which scenario would have more points, if any?
KungFuMaster
4/18/12 4:08:18PM
No one?
Twenty20Dollars
4/18/12 4:54:13PM
I believe the scoring is designed to not score as good if only partial picks are made.

So, only 1 person making partial picks for an event will hurt your camp score.

But, if they make no picks that won't affect your score as if they were to just make partial picks.
KungFuMaster
4/18/12 9:22:25PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

I believe the scoring is designed to not score as good if only partial picks are made.

So, only 1 person making partial picks for an event will hurt your camp score.

But, if they make no picks that won't affect your score as if they were to just make partial picks.

So that means the 2 scenarios I have presented would earn the same amount of points?
Twenty20Dollars
4/18/12 10:59:00PM
Well probably not, but they might be close.

Your camp might do better for those events he doesn't pick or might do worse, maybe depending on that person's score.

I don't know all the specifics of it.

But, like Fleek used to tell us, either make all your picks or none of your picks.

Then if you remove someone from your camp I think there is maybe some waiting time before that person is out of the camp score-wise, though I'm not sure on that. So if you try to remove them and they only made partial picks there scores might still go with your camp score for that event.

Best bet is probably to have them not make any picks for the event, if you can have them do that, otherwise idk.

KungFuMaster
4/18/12 11:33:26PM
Props to you for trying to help me.
prophecy033
4/19/12 12:12:50AM
I think 20 is right, when guys only make partial picks it screws the whole team but when no picks are entered its basically like they didnt play therfore its not counted. Remember how rabi used to take guys off when they did make picks but didnt bother with those that had a 0% pick percentage in ECP. PM rabi KFM
Kpro
4/19/12 1:08:59AM
Both examples give you the exact same average points, just be aware if you are going to get a badge at all and it's the final event, removing a member and picking them up 48 hours later, they will not get one even if they were there the first 9 events.

As for pick % in the scenario's it could be better or worse, depending on if the two events they were removed for were events where the camp picked at a higher accuracy than the team average, or a lower accuracy.
Rabi
4/19/12 3:23:57AM
I always remove partial pickers before an event, if you remove them before the cut off there score won't count for your camp for that 1 event, once the cut off passes you can't make camp changes for 48 hrs!
KungFuMaster
4/19/12 10:05:24AM
Thanks guys.