Fight Camp Division Question...

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA Playground Game Talk » Fight Camp Division Question...
KO
1/13/09 8:32:27AM
If my fight camp is light heavyweight at the beginning of the season with 21 members and it drops to below 20, will the camp automatically change to middleweight or will it stay light heavy since thats where it was at the beginning of the season?
DCRage
1/13/09 8:43:26AM
Depends on how many people make picks.

Ranks are determined by a combination of a camp's overall current season win%, average fantasy bankroll, and average point score rank on a per-event basis, by the camp members present at the time of the event lockout, modified by the number of events that the camp has had at least 1 member participating in.

So to be sure you're a Middleweight camp you likely need to drop one member before the pre-event cutoff, which will be early Thursday morning.
emfleek
1/13/09 9:19:09AM

Posted by DCRage

Depends on how many people make picks.

Ranks are determined by a combination of a camp's overall current season win%, average fantasy bankroll, and average point score rank on a per-event basis, by the camp members present at the time of the event lockout, modified by the number of events that the camp has had at least 1 member participating in.

So to be sure you're a Middleweight camp you likely need to drop one member before the pre-event cutoff, which will be early Thursday morning.

I'm a bit confused by this only because the MMA Army spent a good chunk of last season with a roster of less than 20 guys, but they were still crowned the LHW division champs at the end of the season.
ohiostate1016
1/13/09 9:33:19AM
I'm pretty sure that you only need to be in the division at the END of the year to be eligible for the title.

Like the PG Bullies were only in the SHW division for part of the season, but we were still eligible for rewards.
Kpro
1/13/09 10:13:46AM
Don't quote me on this but I believe it works as follows.

You have 21 members make picks for 6 events
You have 19 members make picks for 4 events
You average just above 20.0 members for the season

You have 19 members make picks for 6 events
You have 21 members make picks for 4 events
You average just under 20.0 members for the season.
tuvok500
1/13/09 11:05:55AM
it is not confusing, it is the average number of members who play each event.

no matter how many guy you really have in your team.

example : in a team of 40 members

event 1 : 35 member did play
event 2 : 36 member did play
event 3 : 30 member did play
event 4 : 38 member did play
event 5 : 33 member did play

so your team member average gonna be : 35+36+30+38+33 =172 divided by 5= 34.4 witch will put your team in the HW division.

an other example:

since it is an average, if your team member average is let's say 22 after 9 events, you will be able to play the last event with only 12 guy and still keep your team in the LHW division as shown here :

22+22+22+22+22+22+22+22+22+12=210 divided by 10 = 21 so still ranked in LHW even if your were only 12 at the end.