Which fight was the bloodiest MMA fight?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Which fight was the bloodiest MMA fight?
Twenty20Dollars
3/1/08 12:38:53PM
Give me some fights that were the bloodiest fights you've ever seen!

I was thinking maybe Yves Edwards vs Joe Stevenson
jiujitsufreak74
3/1/08 12:42:16PM
well Sean Sherk vs Kenny Florian was ridiculous. for practically 4 whole rounds Sherk bled onto Kenny from top position. in between rounds they practically had to hose Kenny off to get rid of the blood. i was honestly surprised Sherk didn't pass out from loss of blood because he practically bled out for a good 17 min

here is a picture (look at the mat...it was all from this fight):

Gipper
3/1/08 12:43:53PM
BABALU/heath

i think i was the only one cheering in the building. fukeneh.
mrkennedy
3/1/08 12:45:57PM
edwin dewees vs gideon ray in the ultimate fighter
loonytnt
3/1/08 12:52:49PM
BJ Joe had a lot
Jackelope
3/1/08 1:55:15PM
I'm going with Babalu/David Heath. If only that fight had lasted longer it would have been by far the most brutal I've ever seen. The Sherk fight was absolutely nuts, but mainly it was amazing that it went on for so long.
hotrodttt
3/1/08 2:30:57PM
Sakuraba vs Ricardo Arona was So Bloody, I was suprised Saku could continue through that but eventually the cuts got too deep and the Doctor's stoped it.
NatedawgThaM
3/1/08 2:36:48PM
Yves vs Joe hands down for me. They were fighting in a blood bath.
juanez13
3/1/08 2:40:06PM
I'm surprised no one has mentioned Edwin Dewees vs Gideon Ray, this fight is most memorable when dewees was putting his hand on his forehead so that he would stop the bleeding, but it squirted through his finger lol......agree with all the other fights mentioned, babalu/heath, sherk/florian, edwards/stevenson, BJ/ stevenson, those were all bloody fking fights.
jiujitsufreak74
3/1/08 3:03:54PM

Posted by juanez13

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Edwin Dewees vs Gideon Ray, this fight is most memorable when dewees was putting his hand on his forehead so that he would stop the bleeding, but it squirted through his finger lol......agree with all the other fights mentioned, babalu/heath, sherk/florian, edwards/stevenson, BJ/ stevenson, those were all bloody fking fights.

mrkennedy said that in the 4th post
Svartorm
3/1/08 4:00:51PM
In IFC, Anthony "Mad Dog" Macias uppercutted a heavyweight wrestler in the face when he shot for a takedown and completely shattered his nose. The guys nose looked like a blood faucet.
Pookie
3/1/08 4:01:14PM

Posted by hotrodttt

Sakuraba vs Ricardo Arona was So Bloody, I was suprised Saku could continue through that but eventually the cuts got too deep and the Doctor's stoped it.

Arona is a dirty fighter man, you could see him prying the cut open with his fingers. Sakuraba ddnt look human after the fight was over.
Jackelope
3/1/08 5:05:51PM
I've never seen that fight. Keep trying to find it on the internet but can't find it anywhere
big_timmy
3/1/08 7:42:59PM
Definately Florian - Sherk. Florian walked in with white shorts, walked out with red. At the ed of each round, the trainers would fix up sherks cut, and by the start of the next, he was soaked in his own blood again.

At the end of the fight he puts his black beanie on, and you can see the blood actually seeping thru.
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 2 Photo Attachment 3 Photo Attachment 4
Pookie
3/1/08 8:24:34PM

Posted by Jackelope

I've never seen that fight. Keep trying to find it on the internet but can't find it anywhere

Yeah ive searched for it too, not anywhere.
mrsmiley
3/2/08 4:38:39PM
Though it wasn't bloody,Tim Lijack VS Kimo was so horrific,I could barely watch as the camera showed Lijack's completely flattened toe.And then when they popped it back.

EHHHH.That was sick.
bls1919
3/2/08 5:13:49PM
Florian vs Sherk
Bj vs Joe daddy
edwin dewees vs gideon ray
gartface
3/2/08 5:34:40PM
Gideon Ray vs. Edwin Dewees was gross.
It wasn't a dangerous cut though, just hit a vessel on his forehead I guess, and poured for days on Gideon.