Anybody ever been to a UFC fight?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Anybody ever been to a UFC fight?
ThaAxeMurderer7
3/9/08 6:30:25PM
I was just seeing if anybody had ever been to a UFC event. Me and my gf happened to get tickets to 84 and I want to see if the people who have been to fights preferred that to watching it on tv. Just want to hear some experiences.
xchickox
3/9/08 7:37:55PM
i went to ufc 70 in manchester, and it was one of the best experiences of my life, atmosphere is so good
Aaronno9
3/9/08 8:09:06PM
I went to the bj penn joe stevenson card in newcastle, and it was amazing. You probably spend more time watching the screens that the cage, especially when the fight goes to the ground, but the overall experiance is awesome. I cant wait to go again.
ChokeUout
3/9/08 8:44:06PM
I went to UFC 68 in Columbus, and watching it on PPV is cool and all that, but trust me, it doesn't even compare. It atmosphere is unlike anything I've ever seen. Granted, Couture/Sylvia was on that card, but even before that fight it was an unbelievable expieriance.

It also depends on the seats you get. If you get the $300 ones like we did, you'll be set, excellent view. If you get the cheapest ones up top, you may have to look at the screen when they are on the ground, but still, the atmosphere alone is bananas

And looks like you picked a good card to attend. So yeah, you can't evn really compare watching the PPV and watching it in person. You'll know what I mean on May 24
SpiderSilva
3/9/08 9:24:49PM
Got tix to UFN 13 4/2 7 rows back right next to one of the fighters entrances so I betting on an awsome night

Hell I even had a blast at smaller shows
so I can imagine what the UFC brings
postman
3/9/08 10:05:34PM
I went to 68 the atmosphere was awesome pluse you get to see all the fights. I am not sure if I would go to another one or not but I had a blast.
JimiMak
3/9/08 10:13:28PM
I've only seen smaller orgs, but the atmosphere is so good seeing it live there... I can only imagine a real live UFC is worlds beyond watching the ppv. Tho you prob'ly get caught in the experience enuf to want to watch the matches again after.
kevietre
3/9/08 10:57:50PM
UFC 78. I met Houston, Lytle, Edgar, Gonzaga, Hamill, and Marcus Davis at the weigh ins and at the actual event I ment Jens Pulver. I spent about $270 on my seats which werent bad and it was awesome even though the card wasn't that great.
Gipper
3/9/08 11:23:34PM
had to go to 74. six of my favorite fighters on one card. it was unreal
guida,gsp,couture,babalu,cote,pelligrino

ended up meeting guida, cote, vera, maynard, grove, evans, trigg, macdonald, alessio and even k-1 great ernesto hoost
rice118
3/10/08 12:26:48AM
i went to a local one and it was fun great experiences... i was like 15 rows back floor sit. when the fighters where puching it sound so loud... the only thing was everytime the fight went to the floor it was hard to see because the cage was low
richieb19
3/10/08 12:37:39AM
I was at UFC 77 in Cinci.
ThaAxeMurderer7
3/10/08 1:12:14AM
Yea, I am really excited but I will be even more excited once the tickets arrive. Also, from what I'm hearing, its pretty easy to go up and meet a lot of the fighters. Hopefully I get a chance to meet Wandy.
Omega
3/10/08 1:22:28AM
Wow, I guess I'll be the only exception to the crowd here. I think I've been spoiled. I've been behind the scene and beside the cage. The 4 times I've been to a UFC event I could take it or leave it. I like the K-1 events a bit better. There's something to be said about looking up on the screen and seeing angles you just don't see at live events. I've been offered tickets but I just don't go anymore. I guess I'm just burned out on it.
richieb19
3/10/08 1:26:31AM

Posted by Omega

Wow, I guess I'll be the only exception to the crowd here. I think I've been spoiled. I've been behind the scene and beside the cage. The 4 times I've been to a UFC event I could take it or leave it. I like the K-1 events a bit better. There's something to be said about looking up on the screen and seeing angles you just don't see at live events. I've been offered tickets but I just don't go anymore. I guess I'm just burned out on it.

Hand 'em over jerk!
ChokeUout
3/10/08 4:29:29AM

Posted by richieb19

Posted by Omega

Hand 'em over jerk!

I guess to each their own, but I'd definetly go to another one. Planning on going to the one in Minnesota since it's so close. I just hope Lesnar/Coleman isn't the Main event. It's in August, so they SHOULD be able to throw together something like Hughes/Serra, Silva/Okami, GSP/Fitch...Or Randy/Fedor (Hey, I can Dream, Can't I?)
Rich78
3/10/08 6:07:51AM
Been to UFC's 70, 75 and 80 in England.

They're definately worth going to, and are even better if you can go to the day before things too, weigh ins, Q & A's, Rogan normally does his stand up act somewhere the night before. All in all, it makes for a great weekend.

That said, I'm unable to get to 85, so I'll be watcing it LIVE on TV for the first time ever. Should work out a lot cheaper anyway.
BlazinSaddle
3/10/08 7:05:08AM
UFC 51 in vegas
UFC 57 in vegas
UFC 65 in sacramento
UFC 71 in vegas
UFC 74 in vegas

plan on going to 84 to watch B.J. KO "shrek" ...need to go to one again soon but its more pricey than PPV... for the seats i get anyway, nothing like live
kopower
3/11/08 12:19:38AM

Posted by ChokeUout

Posted by richieb19

Posted by Omega

Hand 'em over jerk!

I guess to each their own, but I'd definetly go to another one. Planning on going to the one in Minnesota since it's so close. I just hope Lesnar/Coleman isn't the Main event. It's in August, so they SHOULD be able to throw together something like Hughes/Serra, Silva/Okami, GSP/Fitch...Or Randy/Fedor (Hey, I can Dream, Can't I?)

Went to UFC 81 and also planning to go to 87 here in MN. I've been hearing Huerta's gonna fight and maybe Sherk if he doesn't get pounded too much. Lesnar vs. Coleman is definately not gonna be the main event, atleast I hope not. We had the $100 seats. Middle upper deck so it was a bit away, I recommend small binoculars or coughing up more money for better seats. But like people have been saying, it's all about the atmoshpere. I had a fun time, especially seeing big Tim get submitted!!
ThaAxeMurderer7
3/11/08 2:05:34AM
This is going to kick so much ass. We got tickets in the section right above the floor. You guys are right though, the atmosphere is going to be unlike anything I've ever been to.
tepid55
3/11/08 11:18:21AM
I went to UFC 69. It was awesome.
Bowen50
3/11/08 6:48:02PM
i went to UFC 61, UFC 73, and UFC 78 all of which were great. Everything about going to a UFC event is just awesome. At UFC 73 i got a chance to meet Couture, Forrest, Karo, Nick Diaz, Big John, and Dana. It was definitly one of the best experiences of my life.
d_block07
3/11/08 11:02:55PM
snuck into tuf 3 finale. It had to eb the greatest nigth of my life. not many big names were there (besides cotoure getting into the HOF, so nvm there were big names there) but it was in such a small location that u literally bumped into everybody. i was at the bar so i got to drink ( i was like 16) wiht solomon jesse forbes and some other fighters. met literally the whole cast and some coaches, not tito or ken. and some pther pretty awesome people. i would reccomend the small events becasue of how close u can be to the cage and the other fighters, never been to a big show tho hopefully they come to dc.