Fight

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » MMA Training » Fight
loonytnt
10/7/07 12:03:29AM
i got a fight oct 13, im fightin with a hurt ankle, im not sure if i should wear something on it or just fight with nothing on it. i dont wanna let the guy know that it is hurt but i may have to what do you all think i should do?
NatedawgThaM
10/7/07 12:12:01AM
Dude you should just tap eit up. you don't want to mess it up worse and roll it up. It does not matter how tough you and your opponent think you are. It's about you doing everything in your power during the fight to win. and fighting with a hurt ankle will hurt like crazy unless you have super adreniline. PLus a lot of fighters were ankle wraps. I think Cro Cop wears them. Do people see him as a pus? So I'd tape it up so it feels at least 90% because if your a wrestler or a ground guy that hurt ankle will kill when your shooting a shot. So you need it to be great. Even if your a brawler you still need to sprawl and your ankle does bend when you sprawl. If you don't want the guy to know it's hurt just walk normal and act like it don't hurt. I doubt the guy will check you out(gay! ) and look at every part of your body. he probably won't notice it. Just go with it as usual and I think you'll do fine
tuvok500
10/7/07 12:12:40AM

Posted by loonytnt

i got a fight oct 13, im fightin with a hurt ankle, im not sure if i should wear something on it or just fight with nothing on it. i dont wanna let the guy know that it is hurt but i may have to what do you all think i should do?

well, i hope that the guy is not reading your post !!!
it will be hard for you to hide this injuree, the post is very explicit !!!

loonytnt
10/7/07 12:21:19AM
yeah i think i will tape it up, the guy im fightin is a stand up fighter, and i love the ground.but ive seen this guy fight before and my stand is better then him so i was planing on stayin up 1st 2nd round going down on the 3rd, thank you and i will post a lose or a win on the site, hopefully a win but you never no its mma
NatedawgThaM
10/7/07 12:41:33AM
I wouldn't throw leg kicks with the hurt angle then. I say box him and use the jab and just pick him apart with jabs until he gets frustrated and then just take him down and stop him
Svartorm
10/7/07 3:09:23AM
What exactly is wrong with the ankle?
Mastodon2
10/7/07 8:45:55AM

Posted by NatedawgThaM

Dude you should just tap eit up. you don't want to mess it up worse and roll it up. It does not matter how tough you and your opponent think you are. It's about you doing everything in your power during the fight to win. and fighting with a hurt ankle will hurt like crazy unless you have super adreniline. PLus a lot of fighters were ankle wraps. I think Cro Cop wears them. Do people see him as a pus? So I'd tape it up so it feels at least 90% because if your a wrestler or a ground guy that hurt ankle will kill when your shooting a shot. So you need it to be great. Even if your a brawler you still need to sprawl and your ankle does bend when you sprawl. If you don't want the guy to know it's hurt just walk normal and act like it don't hurt. I doubt the guy will check you out(gay! ) and look at every part of your body. he probably won't notice it. Just go with it as usual and I think you'll do fine

Cro Cop doesn't wear ankle wraps, but Andrei Arlovski does, as does just about every competitive Thai boxer or Kickboxer. Even Andy Souwer's shootboxing pants have ankle supports built into them.

You should just tape your ankle up, and then wear a pair of Ankle Supports like Thai boxers wear. We wear them full time because they prevent injuries from sparring, pad work, bag work etc, but if you've got a bum ankle you should try to support it as much as possible in the fight.
Mitchell740
10/7/07 5:12:01PM
Just tape both ancles, then it will look normal and not as if one was hurt.
fullerene
10/7/07 6:00:57PM

Posted by Mitchell740

Just tape both ancles, then it will look normal and not as if one was hurt.

Exactly what I was going to say, except to tape 1 and wear braces on both (looks the same from the outside but constricts your movement less on your good ankle).
Omega
10/8/07 2:27:16PM
Curious:

Where's the fight?

We want video!!!!