After fifth "fight night" bonus, Tyson Griffin focused on future, not Urijah Faber

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » After fifth "fight night" bonus, Tyson Griffin focused on future, not Urijah Faber
Wolfenstein
4/8/09 11:47:10PM
"I don't see a reason for us to fight," Griffin said. "I think his reason may be to make a big payday.

"Talk is cheap with Urijah. He's been saying a lot of things since the first day I beat him and he hasn't done any of them. I think he should be a little more worried about (current featherweight champ and WEC 41 opponent) Mike Brown than me right now."

link
team_demon_fighter
4/9/09 7:30:53AM
haha, fo sho. urijah should totally be worried about mike brown Knocking him silly again...
ziegler3334
4/9/09 11:27:33AM
faber should be worried about brown, he's a well rounded, experienced fighter with good training partners. that being said, i'll be shocked is faber isn't the favorite going into the fight.

a rematch between faber and griffin would be very exciting tho. however, i dont see it happening any time soon. faber has no reason to leave wec and griffin has his place in the ufc. if it did work out that they could fight, i might lean towards griffin winning again. as dangerous as faber is, i think griffin could use his size to grind out another decision vistory.
chitownsfinest15
4/9/09 3:04:17PM
Griffin is totally correct in this article...urijah should worry about mr. brown again instead of griffin...brown made him look like his b*tch last fight...urijah is a good fighter but him vs griffin not anytime soon....
Aether
4/9/09 4:23:59PM
Not only should he worry about Mike Brown, he should forget completely about ever fighting Tyson because it's probably not going to happen. Tyson is just too big to make that cut, and as a result, he's also too big for Faber to handle. The fight would look no different from the last time if Tyson were even able to cut that much weight still.

I get that as a fighter you always want to avenge your losses, but this one just seems like a lost cause. Urijah needs to move on and focus on getting his belt back.
xdanish020
4/9/09 4:56:10PM
He's right, Brown's a monster.
Brain_Smasher
4/9/09 10:19:23PM
Tyson should learn how to finish someone. After all this is a fight. It would be nice to see him win with something other than his famous 3 punch combo of Judge 1, judge 2, and judge 3.

Its also not the greatest achievement in the world to get FoTN like he has. He isnt fighting the best guys and he gets FoTN because he struggles with everyone he fights reguardless of their skill level.
slapshot
4/10/09 9:50:30AM

Posted by Brain_Smasher

Tyson should learn how to finish someone. After all this is a fight. It would be nice to see him win with something other than his famous 3 punch combo of Judge 1, judge 2, and judge 3.

Its also not the greatest achievement in the world to get FoTN like he has. He isnt fighting the best guys and he gets FoTN because he struggles with everyone he fights reguardless of their skill level.

He has 5 fights that ended in ko or tko out of 15 and your post sounds more like envy/fighter hate than logic.... Tyson has fought some real quality opponents.

Faber has been talking about moving up in weight and fighting in the UFC so to say this fight cant happen is really not accurate I wish Tyson would go back down now that the WEC has more steam and fight brown for that title.

P.S. He really is too small for the weight class and that accounts for some of his troubles.