FIFA?

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » FIFA?
mkiv9secsupra
4/2/07 10:35:23PM
Am I the only person in america that watches football(soccer)? It seems like it... Everyone seems to think its boring... I however love it....

FA Premier - WAR CHELSEA
hathcock32
4/3/07 1:32:54AM
UNITED!!!!! UNITED!!! Christiano Ronaldo is the man.
mkiv9secsupra
4/3/07 2:06:53AM

Posted by hathcock32

UNITED!!!!! UNITED!!! Christiano Ronaldo is the man.

psh....Hes got nothing on Didier Drogba...
loller90278
4/3/07 2:07:19AM
arsenal for club teams.

GERMANY for national teams.

we'll win it in '10 dont you worry
mma_fan_matt
4/3/07 3:07:25AM
I'm American and I watch soccer. Just not MLS.
Stickan
4/3/07 4:54:40AM
Soccer's huge in Sweden and everybody watches it. Except me.
It's way too slow for me and the players faking getting fouled all the time makes me sick.
I'm more of a hockey kind of guy when it comes to team sports.
mmadb
4/3/07 10:31:11AM
I'm going to give the MLS a run this year since we just got a team here in Toronto.

I've always enjoyed soccer and will watch every game in the world cup when it's on. VIVA ITALIA.

As for club teams. I've always been a fan of AC Milan in Serie A. Don't tell my dad though, he's a Juventus fan.

I could care less about the Premier league though.
AchillesHeel
4/3/07 10:37:12AM

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Am I the only person in america that watches football(soccer)?

Nope.

Trapt1nw0nder
4/3/07 10:58:07AM
why watch it when you can play it?......at least on my xbox..

Winning Eleven 8 on xbox..
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
xchickox
4/3/07 11:01:28AM
i hate when people from foreign countries like english football because they always just support the best teams, man utd have more fans in china than in england, thats just stupid

also you need start watching the championship, the football is much better and much more passionate

also on the sport front do any americans like rugby league?? i know rugby union is becoming more popular over there but i just wondered about league
mmadb
4/3/07 12:33:54PM
If there's a Rugby League in North America...nobody knows about it that's for sure. I doubt it would ever really become popular. Americans love their "American Football" too much and Rugby is slightly similar in look.
AchillesHeel
4/3/07 1:38:18PM

Posted by xchickox

i hate when people from foreign countries like english football because they always just support the best teams, man utd have more fans in china than in england, thats just stupid

Yeah! People should support the teams that suck! I mean, why would you want to watch the Champions League when there's a high school team right down the street?

also you need start watching the championship, the football is much better and much more passionate

Championship matches aren't broadcast in the U.S., that I'm aware of. No idea about other countries.

also on the sport front do any americans like rugby league?? i know rugby union is becoming more popular over there but i just wondered about league

Again, matches aren't broadcast in the U.S. I'm hoping that I'll get to see some of the World Cup in the Fall, but I'm not holding my breath.
mkiv9secsupra
4/3/07 4:55:13PM

Posted by xchickox

i have my favorites in lots of nations.... and england simply may have some of the best club teams arguably but national teams i wouldnt bet on England winning... i like the english teams because they are ALL really competitive... other leagues have certain teams that just always dominate(ie where ever Ronaldhino is)
Mastodon2
4/3/07 6:46:55PM
I cheer for Newcastle because Im from the Toon. In truth, we are a dreadful team, much better at Rugby than we are at Footy.

Football is really boring though. Just a bunch of girly men rolling about feigning injuries for 90 minutes.
hathcock32
4/3/07 8:53:54PM

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

why watch it when you can play it?......at least on my xbox..

Winning Eleven 8 on xbox..

Winning Eleven 9 Is the greatest game ever made....all me and my friends do is sit around smoke and play that shit.