FieLDS K-1 WORLD GP 2009 IN YOKOHAMA

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » FieLDS K-1 WORLD GP 2009 IN YOKOHAMA
cmill21
3/3/09 5:09:17AM
Link

Amazing card. Discuss.

My picks:
Remy over Alistair RD 2 TKO
Badr over Errol again
Jerome round 1 TKO
Glaube RD 2 TKO
Melvin RD 1 TKO
Ruslan UD
Maeda UD
pv3Hpv3p
3/3/09 1:03:25PM
this card looks awesome!!!

thank you sweet jesus that HDNet picked up the K-1 deal...

Don't think Remy can KO Alistar... If anything maybe a UD, if not I can honestly see Overeem making serious waves in K-1's HW div... Great fight nonetheless...

Hari takes Zimmerman again... Not sure if he'll get the KO again though

JLB by being a beast (but I wouldn't be surprised if we saw a little more of the changing of the guard in K-1 if Texeria can win this)

Feitosa by KO

Manhoef by KO

Kareav UD

Spong KO

Is the HW tourny going to crown a champ on this night? I mean is the winner of the Karaev/Saki & Manhoef/Chalid fights going to fight for a title on this night?

ncordless
3/3/09 1:12:22PM

Posted by cmill21

Link

Amazing card. Discuss.

My picks:
Remy over Alistair RD 2 TKO
Badr over Errol again
Jerome round 1 TKO
Glaube RD 2 TKO
Melvin RD 1 TKO
Ruslan UD
Maeda UD

I agree with all except I think Saki will take out Ruslan.
emfleek
3/3/09 1:34:22PM
I miss HDNet...

cmill21
3/3/09 2:08:57PM
As far as I can tell it will all be over in one night judging by the fact they have a reserve fight and only one extra round.
RhythmAndStyle
3/3/09 3:33:39PM
are u guys kiddin me..Maeda over Sprong..i don't think anyone knows who Sprong really is..this is the guy that both Fedor and Cro Cop ask to help train em' when Fedor and Cro Cop first fought..but Tyrone helped Fedor instead of Cro Cop..he beat Kaoklai Kaennorsing..if u guys don't know who he is..ya'll should go on Sherdog Forums and read up about him..he's a beast..he doesn't have the k-1 record to prove it..but he outside muay thai record is outstanding..Tyrone KO first round over Maeda..oh yea..Overeem also first round KO over Remy..i do like Remy..but i don't think he's gonna past Overeem...
cmill21
3/3/09 9:10:19PM

Posted by RhythmAndStyle

are u guys kiddin me..Maeda over Sprong..i don't think anyone knows who Sprong really is..this is the guy that both Fedor and Cro Cop ask to help train em' when Fedor and Cro Cop first fought..but Tyrone helped Fedor instead of Cro Cop..he beat Kaoklai Kaennorsing..if u guys don't know who he is..ya'll should go on Sherdog Forums and read up about him..he's a beast..he doesn't have the k-1 record to prove it..but he outside muay thai record is outstanding..Tyrone KO first round over Maeda..oh yea..Overeem also first round KO over Remy..i do like Remy..but i don't think he's gonna past Overeem...

I know exactly who Tyrone is. Seems to be you who doesn't know since you think his last name is Sprong...lol. Amir Zeyada has beaten him twice, and yes he's beaten Kannorsing but Maeda is acctually a very tough opponent, only losing once to a very tough up and comer in Ewerton, then I'm also going to go out on a limb and say that the big stage will give him added pressure and nerves. Of course Tyrone could KO Maeda in one, he's a damn scary talent but he's also losing two parts of his game coming from thai boxing, elbows and more importantly knees from the clinch, he's now limited to one per clinch.
gartface
3/3/09 11:24:25PM
I don't know enough about K-1 to make a judgment on most of these fights, except I think Remy destroys Alistair. I want to get more into it though.
cmill21
3/4/09 12:46:23AM

Posted by gartface

I don't know enough about K-1 to make a judgment on most of these fights, except I think Remy destroys Alistair. I want to get more into it though.

Start with this event, it's going to be a great one.
pv3Hpv3p
3/4/09 12:36:57PM

Posted by gartface

That was my guess in the Hari / Overeem K-1 rules match a few months ago... And boy was I wrong... Alistar seems to be a different animal all together now that he's concentrating on HW, and I'm having trouble picking against him in amy fight
cmill21
3/5/09 10:01:50AM
The reason I think Remy will win are as follows...Remy is pissed about the Hari fight, he wants to make a mark in this one, his defense is amazing, his kicks devastating and his hands are ever improving, he has the ability to avoid trading with alistair in the first 2 minuets, and he isn't going to be out weighed by 50lbs like Badr was.