Fictional Character Battles

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Fictional Character Battles
Next Page »
hcazlekker
4/2/07 2:58:14PM
I know I'm not the only person who wonders this stuff. Which fictional characters (comic book or other wise) have you often thought would match up pretty decent in a fight?

Mace Windu vs Cyclops would match up pretty well.

Same with Batman vs Robocop.

Superman vs Tripod Mech Army from War of The Worlds? I've almost gotten into it over this partciular matchup. As rockin as superman is, I don't think he stands a chance against the force field bearing, death ray toting mechs, much less a invasion of them.

Quick tangent, where were the lasers in War of The Worlds? Our solid projectiles were blocked by the force field, but you could still see the mechs...
pv3Hpv3p
4/2/07 3:09:33PM
Randy Couture vs Captain America

Fedor vs Robocop

Mastodon2
4/2/07 3:54:27PM

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

Fedor vs Robocop

Well, Randy is Cpt America, so thats out the window, and Fedor is a T-1000 Terminator, and we all now that Terminators are harder than Robocop!

How about

VS

I think Cro Cop could take it. His takedown defence is Phenomenal. Hulk is well know for his GnP, but it wouldnt be worth shit against Cro Cop
pv3Hpv3p
4/2/07 4:02:43PM

Posted by Mastodon2

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

Fedor vs Robocop

Well, Randy is Cpt America, so thats out the window, and Fedor is a T-1000 Terminator, and we all now that Terminators are harder than Robocop!

How about

VS

I think Cro Cop could take it. His takedown defence is Phenomenal. Hulk is well know for his GnP, but it wouldnt be worth shit against Cro Cop

Well, Randy and Cap can fight it out to see who really deserves the moniker... Captain America has to surrender his sheild prefight, and abide by NSAC rules, or so I've heard Dana say in an interview

I know Robocop and Fedor wouldn't be much of a fight, but it's the most even matchup i could think of...
Jeffanori-Gomi
4/2/07 4:19:21PM
all good matchups...

How about Rocky from Rocky 1 vs Frank Dukes from Bloodsport...

K1 rules
Trapt1nw0nder
4/2/07 4:22:38PM
Sam Fisher vs Solid Snake..(Splinter Cell vs Metal Gear Solid)

Mario vs Sonic..

...i would choose more Super Hero's,but i already own the fighting games,and i can beat anyone with anyone....

Marvel vs Capcom
Marvel vs Capcom 2
Capcom vs SNK..
pv3Hpv3p
4/2/07 4:38:06PM

Posted by Jeffanori-Gomi

all good matchups...

How about Rocky from Rocky 1 vs Frank Dukes from Bloodsport...

K1 rules

Frank Dukes by slow-motion-blinded-by-salt KO...
Trapt1nw0nder
4/2/07 4:41:55PM
Reggie Warren Jr. vs Borat..lol
Mastodon2
4/2/07 6:49:48PM

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

Sam Fisher vs Solid Snake..(Splinter Cell vs Metal Gear Solid)

Mario vs Sonic..

...i would choose more Super Hero's,but i already own the fighting games,and i can beat anyone with anyone....

Marvel vs Capcom
Marvel vs Capcom 2
Capcom vs SNK..

Marvel vs Capcom II was hardcore, Venom + Hulk tag team FTW!
hippysmacker
4/2/07 9:39:35PM
I was going to the San diego Comic-con in 94 with some buddies, and they got into an argument over something like this. It was who would win between Superman and the Silver surfer. I didn't really read a lot of either one, but I was stunned at how heated it got. I literally had to seperate 2 guys who started throwing punches in the van we were all in. Even then I had to actually punch the guy I moved to the back seat of the van, because he wouldn't drop it. 10 minutes after I punced him in the chest he was still started muttering " know one can beat the silver surfer, he has the power cosmic" underneath his breath. I stopped reading comics after that convention, and pretty much stopped talking to that crowd. People are crazy
hcazlekker
4/2/07 10:04:33PM

Posted by hippysmacker

I was going to the San diego Comic-con in 94 with some buddies, and they got into an argument over something like this. It was who would win between Superman and the Silver surfer. I didn't really read a lot of either one, but I was stunned at how heated it got. I literally had to seperate 2 guys who started throwing punches in the van we were all in. Even then I had to actually punch the guy I moved to the back seat of the van, because he wouldn't drop it. 10 minutes after I punced him in the chest he was still started muttering " know one can beat the silver surfer, he has the power cosmic" underneath his breath. I stopped reading comics after that convention, and pretty much stopped talking to that crowd. People are crazy

Haha, thats pretty funny, "power cosmic."

Silver Surfer vs Superman would be a toughy though... I would think "cosmic power" would be roughy equivalent to "vacuum energy" in quantum field theory. Now if you could manipulate vacuum energy you'd have some serious power.

Don't let the Surfer's ghey board fool ya, he would prove quite a match for Superman.

Superman isn't really all that anyway, Batman has his number.
hippysmacker
4/3/07 12:15:31AM
Somewhere in storage I have an arcade comic where Batman kills Superman. However, it was only because Superman gave him a liquid cryptonite poison dart in case he ever became a tyrant. The fact that I remember this is one more reason why that trip signaled the end of my comic fase. This actually came up, and it was the only time I contributed to one of their arguments. The light bulb went on, and I knew I was reading far too many comics.
hcazlekker
4/3/07 3:43:43PM
Isn't there supposed to be a Batman vs Superman movie in the works?

I have had a brief comic book phase a bit earlier in my youth. I got somewhat into Image comics, namely Spawn.

Transformers vs Tripod Mech Army.
pv3Hpv3p
4/3/07 3:55:25PM

Posted by hcazlekker

Isn't there supposed to be a Batman vs Superman movie in the works?

I have had a brief comic book phase a bit earlier in my youth. I got somewhat into Image comics, namely Spawn.

Transformers vs Tripod Mech Army.

Spawn was a badass comic back in the day (I'm sure it still is, but I haven't seen one in years)...

I know I have the original Spawn I somewhere... Maybe it's actually worth something?!?
We_Todd_Did
4/3/07 8:47:11PM
Since I feel safely within the bounds of complete dorkdom here, does anyone know when the HELL someone is going to finish off the Wolverine vs. Hulk series?!?!?!Wolvie got ripped in half and his legs got tossed like 5 miles up a mountain, and then they just kinda left it.Pisses me off....
hcazlekker
4/3/07 9:18:16PM

Posted by We_Todd_Did

Since I feel safely within the bounds of complete dorkdom here, does anyone know when the HELL someone is going to finish off the Wolverine vs. Hulk series?!?!?!Wolvie got ripped in half and his legs got tossed like 5 miles up a mountain, and then they just kinda left it.Pisses me off....

They've (Marvel, Damon Lindelof) announced they will not release any more "Ultimate Wolverine vs Hulk" issues till they have completed the entire series. Thats kinda lame. Here's a cool pic though.

I've been wanting to get into the Marvel Zombies series, that looks like a lot of fun.

ButterBalls
4/3/07 10:58:10PM
How about Deadpool (Marvel comics) vs. Sephiroth (FF7)?

hippysmacker
4/3/07 11:22:05PM
They should really make a deadpool movie. I heard they were going to and Ryan Reynolds was going to play him. Then I heard Reynolds was gonna play the flash, so who knows? Both characters are funny, and I think they would translate well to the big screen.
ButterBalls
4/4/07 12:12:07AM

Posted by hippysmacker

They should really make a deadpool movie. I heard they were going to and Ryan Reynolds was going to play him. Then I heard Reynolds was gonna play the flash, so who knows? Both characters are funny, and I think they would translate well to the big screen.

He'd be better as the Flash, Deadpool is was more grizzled and....well....ugly.
Jeffanori-Gomi
4/4/07 1:33:12AM
What about "Neo" not plugged into the Matrix "in the real world" vs Orlando Bloom's pu55y character from Troy?

Battle of the androgenous he/she's could be an interesting bout
Mastodon2
4/4/07 8:35:32AM
Is this some kind of joke?

Sephiroth would destroy deadpool!
ButterBalls
4/4/07 11:20:31AM

Posted by Mastodon2

Ok Sephiroth pre-real ultimate ninja power and creepy angel wings
hcazlekker
4/4/07 11:24:53AM

Posted by Mastodon2

depends on what kinda materia he's packing

Anyone see Advent Children? That was pretty nifty.

Batman vs Blade! That would be a great matchup!
Mastodon2
4/4/07 3:53:18PM
Yeah I thought Advent Children was pretty interesting, pretty ghey how Cloud just used his Climhazard limit break and killed Bahamut in one shot.

versus

Bahamut by Mega flare I think
hcazlekker
4/4/07 8:29:01PM
"Superman: Red Son" is another comic book series I've been tempted to delve into.

HulkRage
10/7/07 3:17:19PM
The Hulk would Destroy all.
AchillesHeel
10/9/07 11:06:55AM
Tyler Durden (Fight Club) vs. Maximus (Gladiator)

Aragorn (The Lord of the Rings) vs. Nikolai Luzhin (Eastern Promises)

EDIT: Actually, I like it better this way.
zach66700
10/7/08 10:58:47PM
Flash vs Superman
Boo_Radley21
10/8/08 8:44:45PM
The Gremlins vs The Ghoulies

The Children of the corn vs Mike Tyson, Evander Holyfield, Roy Jones Jr., and Muhammed Ali
Jackelope
10/8/08 8:46:55PM

Posted by AchillesHeel

Tyler Durden (Fight Club) vs. Maximus (Gladiator)

Aragorn (The Lord of the Rings) vs. Nikolai Luzhin (Eastern Promises)

EDIT: Actually, I like it better this way.

Maximus by utter domination.

Nikolai vs. Aragorn would be a damn good fight, though! I'd probably lean 60/40 for Aragorn since he would actually get help from friends (Unlike Nikolai )
Pages: [1] 2