MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » Spoilers Forum » UFC FFTT 2 Results
« Previous Page | Next Page »
RyanC
1/22/11 10:21:33PM

Posted by ncordless

Posted by RyanC

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Posted by RyanC

I couldn't try to do as badly as I'm doing tonight. . . . this might be my last event.

Oh, don't give up. The fights are just getting tougher to call because talent is improving so much.

I dunno, I've been getting progressively worse this season. Might be time to hang em up. Not like I'm leaving the boards or anything, but I feel like I'm dragging the team down.

It is that way with everyone. People that used to avg. 70% are lucky to get 65% anymore. People that used to rep a 62% are down closer to 50% Don't worry.

Thanks for talking me off the ledge a little bit. I think my days may still be numbered. . . .
telnights
1/22/11 10:22:13PM
WOW that was some crazy scoring. I don't disagree with the outcome but the 30-27 was a joke.
BlueSkiesBurn
1/22/11 10:23:06PM

Posted by RyanC

Thanks for talking me off the ledge a little bit. I think my days may still be numbered. . . .

If the camp doesn't want you to quit, don't quit on the camp. Don't be that guy...nobody wants to be that guy.
Kpro
1/22/11 10:24:52PM
Only 2 Subs and Zero TKO's through 8 fights. Yves probably has SOTN so far.

Nobody wants KOTN ??
BlueSkiesBurn
1/22/11 10:25:38PM

Posted by telnights

WOW that was some crazy scoring. I don't disagree with the outcome but the 30-27 was a joke.

It wasn't a joke. The judge that scored the Wiman-Miller fight 29-28 actually forgot to turn in his score card and that was it. It was supposed to go to a different fight, that's all.
Kpro
1/22/11 10:27:26PM
Roop is underrated in this fight.
BlueSkiesBurn
1/22/11 10:28:47PM

Posted by Kpro

I think people are placing too much stock in Roop's finish of Jung. I still think Hominick is the better fighter in this fight.
ncordless
1/22/11 10:29:49PM

Posted by Kpro

I kind of think he is overrated coming off the LHK, actually. But we shall see here shortly.
BlueSkiesBurn
1/22/11 10:30:44PM

Posted by ncordless

Posted by Kpro

I kind of think he is overrated coming off the LHK, actually. But we shall see here shortly.

Exactly. We're echoing the same sentiment.
Kpro
1/22/11 10:33:13PM

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Posted by Kpro

I think people are placing too much stock in Roop's finish of Jung. I still think Hominick is the better fighter in this fight.

Sure at even money, but find any pro fighter or analyst that picked Roop, it's close to, if not, 100% picking Hominick. Not saying Roop will take it, but either he's underrated by analysts, or Hominick is overrated by analysts in this fight to consider it done before it starts.
BlueSkiesBurn
1/22/11 10:35:01PM
Guess we answered this short debate rather quickly didn't we?
Aether
1/22/11 10:35:17PM
ROFL well I guess when he watches the tape back he won't be complaining about the stoppage.

I need for someone to make a .gif of Roop complaining about the stoppage and stumbling into Hominick's open arms. loloolol
ncordless
1/22/11 10:40:29PM
I would have liked to have seen the fight go on for a bit, but the result was pretty inevitable.

I think Hominick/Aldo is an interesting fight. Hominick doesn't check leg kicks, but until he gets chopped down he has a legit shot with his hands.
BlueSkiesBurn
1/22/11 10:40:56PM
Canadian Accent Of The Night EASILY goes to Hominick. Wow, that is thick, I've never noticed it before tonight for some reason.
Kpro
1/22/11 10:41:37PM

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Canadian Accent Of The Night EASILY goes to Hominick. Wow, that is thick, I've never noticed it before tonight for some reason.

CAOTN bonus?
BlueSkiesBurn
1/22/11 10:42:55PM

Posted by Kpro

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

CAOTN bonus?

Absolutely. Oh, Kpro, there you go. KOTN front runner. Ask and ye shall receive.
BlueSkiesBurn
1/22/11 10:44:46PM
I'm sorry, but Anderson sounds like a 12 year boy when he speaks English.
ncordless
1/22/11 10:45:06PM
Anderson looks really old with those glasses on.
BlueSkiesBurn
1/22/11 10:45:56PM

Posted by ncordless

Anderson looks really old with those glasses on.

*In my best Chris Griffin voice* GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!!!!
telnights
1/22/11 10:46:26PM

Posted by ncordless
I think Hominick/Aldo is an interesting fight. Hominick doesn't check leg kicks, but until he gets chopped down he has a legit shot with his hands.

I get a feeling Aldo is going to put a leg kick clinic on Hominick. He is a good striker and I agree with Hominick when he says Aldo hasn't fought a Strike like him. But same time Hominick hasn't fought a striker with the leg kicks and ability that Aldo has.
Pookie
1/22/11 10:49:19PM
55 points and up money with 2 fights to go. Hell yeah
ncordless
1/22/11 10:53:11PM

Posted by telnights

Posted by ncordless

I get a feeling Aldo is going to put a leg kick clinic on Hominick. He is a good striker and I agree with Hominick when he says Aldo hasn't fought a Strike like him. But same time Hominick hasn't fought a striker with the leg kicks and ability that Aldo has.

Not to let slip what should be going on in fight camp too much, but watch Hominick/Jabouin, he wins the fight, but he was having trouble with those leg kicks. Jabouin is awesome, but his leg kicks are not on the same level as guy's like Aldo, Barry, and Barboza. Those guys land on you a few times and it is just a matter of time.
grappler0000
1/22/11 10:56:20PM
Something looks off about Goldy...is he dying his hair now or is it something else?
BlueSkiesBurn
1/22/11 10:57:11PM
Whoever it was that posted the side-by-side of Simple Jack and Mitrione again....just for old time's sake.
ncordless
1/22/11 10:57:14PM

Posted by ncordless

Posted by telnights

Posted by ncordless

Not to let slip what should be going on in fight camp too much, but watch Hominick/Jabouin, he wins the fight, but he was having trouble with those leg kicks. Jabouin is awesome, but his leg kicks are not on the same level as guy's like Aldo, Barry, and Barboza. Those guys land on you a few times and it is just a matter of time.

On the other hand, Aldo has been hit by glancing counters early against Brown and Manny. Hominick is more accurate than either of those guys.
telnights
1/22/11 10:57:28PM

Posted by ncordless
Not to let slip what should be going on in fight camp too much

Good point
Aether
1/22/11 10:59:02PM
7-2 and 62 points so far I think. I wanted to pick one of the underdogs between beltran and wiman and I picked the wrong one.
Kpro
1/22/11 10:59:14PM

Posted by grappler0000

Something looks off about Goldy...is he dying his hair now or is it something else?

I thought it was a thicker goatee when I first saw him but I dunno without comparing.
ncordless
1/22/11 11:02:59PM
Tim Hague looks like the bad guy in a Vampire movie.
BlueSkiesBurn
1/22/11 11:05:17PM

Posted by ncordless

Tim Hague looks like the bad guy in a Vampire movie.

He actually kind of looks like Tim Sylvia
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7