UFC FFTT 2 Results

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » Spoilers Forum » UFC FFTT 2 Results
« Previous Page | Next Page »
BlueSkiesBurn
1/22/11 9:39:52PM

Posted by Pookie

13! hell yes!

This may be a first.

Thank you Wiman for not finishing this fight, or Miller for being too tough to finish. Whichever works.
RyanC
1/22/11 9:40:01PM
I couldn't try to do as badly as I'm doing tonight. . . . this might be my last event.
ncordless
1/22/11 9:40:06PM
I am going to finish the night about 12k over
Aether
1/22/11 9:40:52PM
29-28 lol? what?
RyanC
1/22/11 9:41:34PM

Posted by Aether

29-28 lol? what?

ncordless
1/22/11 9:41:50PM

Posted by RyanC

I couldn't try to do as badly as I'm doing tonight. . . . this might be my last event.

This ain't MMA and you ain't Jens Pulver. No reason to quit just because you are down right now.
BlueSkiesBurn
1/22/11 9:42:36PM

Posted by RyanC

Oh, don't give up. The fights are just getting tougher to call because talent is improving so much.
BlueSkiesBurn
1/22/11 9:43:55PM

Posted by Aether

29-28 lol? what?

You beat me to it. I was actually going to post "what jackass saw it 29-28?," but I had to explain the scoring system to my new roommate.
Aether
1/22/11 9:44:26PM
LOL wow vitor should make a run at politics. I've never seen anyone NOT answer questions so well.
BlueSkiesBurn
1/22/11 9:45:32PM

Posted by Aether

LOL wow vitor should make a run at politics. I've never seen anyone NOT answer questions so well.

I thought his interview was profound. "Our biggest challenge if life is the next one"
RyanC
1/22/11 9:47:28PM

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Posted by RyanC

Oh, don't give up. The fights are just getting tougher to call because talent is improving so much.

I dunno, I've been getting progressively worse this season. Might be time to hang em up. Not like I'm leaving the boards or anything, but I feel like I'm dragging the team down.
Kpro
1/22/11 9:47:43PM

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

but I had to explain the scoring system to my new roommate.

They blindfold the judges and have them throw darts at a dartboard that is half 10's and half 9's. Doesn't take that long to explain man.
ncordless
1/22/11 9:48:06PM

Posted by Aether

He is a big celebrity in Brazil.

Also, I am not surprised he didn't want to get into the kidnappings and murders and whatnot.

It is amazing to think that Vitor has been more or less a relevant fighter since he fought Tank Abbott. He may never have lived up to his potential, but it is amazing that he still around when you think of the other fighters of those days. Just goes to show how far ahead of his time his game was.
BlueSkiesBurn
1/22/11 9:48:43PM

Posted by RyanC

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Posted by RyanC

I dunno, I've been getting progressively worse this season. Might be time to hang em up. Not like I'm leaving the boards or anything, but I feel like I'm dragging the team down.

Don't be Manny Ramirez. Don't quit on the team. Quitting on the team hurts more than bad stats. Look at it this way, no stats are worse than bad stats.
Aether
1/22/11 9:50:54PM
well I was talking more about the question about his striking where he responded with some metaphor about people seeing different colours on a wall ROFL. I found it pretty hilarious personally. He basically said "I dunno" with like 2 paragraphs.
BlueSkiesBurn
1/22/11 9:52:17PM

Posted by Kpro

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

but I had to explain the scoring system to my new roommate.

They blindfold the judges and have them throw darts at a dartboard that is half 10's and half 9's. Doesn't take that long to explain man.

BlueSkiesBurn
1/22/11 9:55:18PM
Dana White's Twitter RE: the judge who scored it 29-28

danawhite
One of the judges scored that 29 to 28!!!! That's what I mean, these fighter need to be SCARED when they step in there. ****** INSANE!!!

ncordless
1/22/11 9:56:20PM

Posted by RyanC

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Posted by RyanC

It is that way with everyone. People that used to avg. 70% are lucky to get 65% anymore. People that used to rep a 62% are down closer to 50% Don't worry.
Pookie
1/22/11 9:56:34PM
You gotta love metaphors.
Pookie
1/22/11 10:02:26PM

Posted by ncordless

Posted by RyanC

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Posted by RyanC

It is that way with everyone. People that used to avg. 70% are lucky to get 65% anymore. People that used to rep a 62% are down closer to 50% Don't worry.

and some of the people who were at 67% are now at 65%... its terrible!
Aether
1/22/11 10:03:23PM
I need Beltran to get a takedown and end the fight. Barry looks pissed about the knees.
Aether
1/22/11 10:09:34PM
wow that round was really close. Barry is demolishing his legs, but Beltran is doing a good job of throwing a lot of flurries and pushing Barry into the cage. Not sure how the judges will score round 2 but round 1 was beltran.

Might not even matter with the way he's limping. 5 minutes is a long time..
Aether
1/22/11 10:14:05PM
yikes that's a bad eyepoke... I think Beltran is winning right now, I hope this doesn't end here.
BlueSkiesBurn
1/22/11 10:16:43PM
Wow, one more kick and Beltran was quiting. I think he actually quit there at the end. He was not surviving one or two more of those.
Aether
1/22/11 10:17:20PM
holy **** man I really don't know how the judges will score this now. The first round was Beltran I think pretty clearly. The second round Barry did a shitload of damage to the leg but also spent a few minutes pressed against the cage, then the third Beltran was dominating for the first 3 minutes or so and getting dominated for the last 2.

Crazy fight, hard to call.
BlueSkiesBurn
1/22/11 10:18:34PM

Posted by Aether

holy **** man I really don't know how the judges will score this now. The first round was Beltran I think pretty clearly. The second round Barry did a shitload of damage to the leg but also spent a few minutes pressed against the cage, then the third Beltran was dominating for the first 3 minutes or so and getting dominated for the last 2.

Crazy fight, hard to call.

I think they're going to see the damage that Barry did to his legs and give Barry the nod. Closer than I think they'll score it, though. Beltran definitely wants no part of a rematch, either way.
Kpro
1/22/11 10:18:39PM
Beltran had it up until the eye-poke IMO.
BlueSkiesBurn
1/22/11 10:19:20PM
Yeah, Beltran called it at that buzzer.
BlueSkiesBurn
1/22/11 10:20:29PM
Man, Barry is gonna make me cry.
Aether
1/22/11 10:21:08PM
ok 30-27 is completely wrong. 29-28 I can get behind, but the first round was Beltran's pretty clearly as not much happened other than him getting pushed against the cage.

Sick fight either way. I would've been fine with either guy taking it 29-28 but 30-27 is a joke, as usual.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7