1/22/11 7:53:42PM
I am not impressed with Mike Brown.
roadking95th
1/22/11 7:54:46PM
Nice to hear Schults's name mentioned.
The man was a beast!
Aether
1/22/11 7:54:48PM
what did everyone score round 2? I would have given it to Rani, but I think the judges would give it to Brown, at least 2 of them.
Pookie
1/22/11 7:55:24PM
yahya all the way 2-0
RyanC
1/22/11 7:55:32PM

Posted by Aether

what did everyone score round 2? I would have given it to Rani, but I think the judges would give it to Brown, at least 2 of them.

I gave it to Brown, but I could see it going to Yahya.
Pookie
1/22/11 8:00:35PM
If yahya doesnt get a UD then those judges should be fired
Aether
1/22/11 8:01:07PM
did they deduct a point or did he just warn him?

Also, did anyone hear joe rogan say "he might just CRUSH HIS FACE here" ?
LOL
ncordless
1/22/11 8:01:34PM
Stood up from mount to give a warning? What kind of BS is that?
RyanC
1/22/11 8:03:16PM
Well I'm pretty sure that was Mike Brown's last fight in the UFC. I am now 0-4 tonight. I'm really on a roll. I think I'm going to do the opposite of everything that I think for the next card.
telnights
1/22/11 8:03:35PM

Posted by ncordless

I think that why he didn't take a point.
DCRage
1/22/11 8:03:37PM
Man, everyone thinks they're a better judge but when they actually get in the cage they'd probably be proven wrong. Anyway...1 30-27 and 2 29-28s, Yahya. Brown's gone.
ncordless
1/22/11 8:06:03PM

Posted by DCRage

Man, everyone thinks they're a better judge but when they actually get in the cage they'd probably be proven wrong. Anyway...1 30-27 and 2 29-28s, Yahya. Brown's gone.

You mean ref? Any judge that gets in the cage is obviously doing something wrong.
Kpro
1/22/11 8:06:22PM

Posted by ncordless

He warned him about 10 times on the ground to no avail. I'm surprised he didn't take a point TBH.
grappler0000
1/22/11 8:07:42PM

Posted by DCRage

Man, everyone thinks they're a better judge but when they actually get in the cage they'd probably be proven wrong.

If they're in the cage, they would probably be proving they don't know where the judges tables actually are.
Aether
1/22/11 8:08:39PM
well I think we get a significantly better view than the judges. I don't care what anyone says about being physically close to the cage, you get like 10 camera angles watching the ppv/stream.
ncordless
1/22/11 8:09:38PM

Posted by Kpro

Posted by ncordless

He warned him about 10 times on the ground to no avail. I'm surprised he didn't take a point TBH.

I can't stand when the refs get picky when a fighter has back mount if the fighter on top is only hitting the back of the head because the down fighter is using the rules as defense.

Also, even with the loss of a point, there is absolutely no reason to restart them standing.
Aether
1/22/11 8:16:20PM
5-0 43 points so far
telnights
1/22/11 8:16:28PM
Haven't seen a tap to a body lock in a long time!
Kpro
1/22/11 8:17:16PM

Posted by ncordless

I can't stand when the refs get picky when a fighter has back mount if the fighter on top is only hitting the back of the head because the down fighter is using the rules as defense.

Also, even with the loss of a point, there is absolutely no reason to restart them standing.

I hear ya. I doubt Yahya even knew he was being warned; I don't think he speaks English.
Aether
1/22/11 8:18:23PM
anyone else's facebook stream just showing a picture of melvin guillard and evan dunham for a really long time?
Kpro
1/22/11 8:20:34PM
What if they allowed the fighter who was fouled to choose point or position. Have your opponent lose a point and restart in the same position or no point loss and restart standing. Never going to happen, but would be interesting.
ncordless
1/22/11 8:21:03PM

Posted by Aether

anyone else's facebook stream just showing a picture of melvin guillard and evan dunham for a really long time?

Yeah, they have some time to kill before the main card starts.
RyanC
1/22/11 8:21:11PM

Posted by Kpro

What if they allowed the fighter who was fouled to choose point or position. Have your opponent lose a point and restart in the same position or no point loss and restart standing. Never going to happen, but would be interesting.

I like that idea.
Aether
1/22/11 8:22:20PM

Posted by ncordless

Posted by Aether

Yeah, they have some time to kill before the main card starts.

yeah I figured, just making sure I wasn't missing the hot bout. I feel pretty confident in Edwards to just keep some distance and destroy him on the feet but you never know.
scoozna
1/22/11 8:23:29PM
If Mckenzie wins by guillotine, I will change my avatar to Cody.
Aether
1/22/11 8:24:13PM
COMING up next! Eves edwards vs Captain Hook.
jjeans
1/22/11 8:24:40PM
SO MUCH LOVE FOR Cody's Moustache! Hell Yeahhh War The Shakespeare!
ncordless
1/22/11 8:24:42PM

Posted by Kpro

That would be one way to do it, but I think the most natural way (i.e. the way that doesn't disrupt the entire fight) is to stop the action to make sure the fighter knows what happened, deduct the point, and then restart them in the same position.
sbulldavid
1/22/11 8:29:48PM
I can't believe Campuzano and Brown lost, I think they are going to get cut. For Brown he's going to go from a dominant champion to trash in no time, I'm beginning to look up the list of cans that Faber has beaten, that we considered decent back then. Maybe we are seeing another changing of the guard now that we are refocusing on these lighter divisions again.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7