UFC FFTT 2 Results

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » Spoilers Forum » UFC FFTT 2 Results
Next Page »
DCRage
1/22/11 5:44:43PM
We're underway!
Main card begins at 9 PM ET/PT and airs on Spike (LIVE on the East Coast, TAPED on the West Coast).
Tonight's card:
Prelims:
Chris Cariaso beat Will Campuzano by unanimous decision, 3 29-28s.
Charlie Brenneman beat Amilcar Alves by unanimous decision, 3 30-27s.
Waylon Lowe beat Willamy Friere (Chequerim) by unanimous decision, 3 29-28s.
Rani Yahya beat Mike Brown by unanimous decision, 1 30-27 and 2 29-28s.
Damarques Johnson beat Mike Guymon by verbal submission (injury from body triangle) at 3:22 of round 1.
Yves Edwards vs. Cody McKenzie
TV fights:
Cole MIller vs. Matt Wiman
Pat Barry vs. Joey Beltran
Mark Hominick vs. George Roop. If Hominick wins, he next gets UFC Featherweight Champ Jose Aldo for the title
Tim Hague vs. Matt Mitrione
Main Event: Evan Dunham vs. Melvin Guillard

Fans/viewers are also being encouraged to visit fightforthetroops.com tonight to make donations or purchases of special items/auctions with proceeds benefitting the Intrepid Fallen Heroes Fund.
grappler0000
1/22/11 5:51:26PM

Posted by DCRage

LIVE on the East Coast, TAPED on the West Coast

Correction: it's actually live on both coasts.
DCRage
1/22/11 5:52:47PM
And to help get things going...

Arianny & Brittany rocking the camo tonight. And supposedly there's gonna be a Hooters girl that won some voting contest debuting tonight as the "new" Octagon girl...Hooters, man I remember when that chain was all the rage. And to think I've only gone there once in my entire life.
Kpro
1/22/11 6:25:43PM

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by DCRage

LIVE on the East Coast, TAPED on the West Coast

Correction: it's actually live on both coasts.

Would've been nice to know this in advance. I picked Cole Miller on the East Coast feed and Matt Wiman on the West Coast feed.
DCRage
1/22/11 6:34:19PM
I've always read that Spike is a network that doesn't have a "staggered" feed, meaning when something's live on the East Coast it's not airing live on the West Coast. Versus is the same so that issue always came up with WEC.

As for the first prelim...3 29-28s, Cariaso.
Franklinfan47
1/22/11 6:40:56PM
Dammit. I really need to stop picking Campuzano.
RyanC
1/22/11 6:42:31PM
Dammit I switched last minute on account of my camp. Everyone was all over Campuzano. Shoulda gone with my first instinct.
Kpro
1/22/11 6:51:51PM

Posted by RyanC

Dammit I switched last minute on account of my camp. Everyone was all over Campuzano. Shoulda gone with my first instinct.

I switched back to Campuzano late too; I figured his moving his training camp to Team Alpha Male for the fight and his natural aggression would've been enough to give him the advantage. Although Junkie gave it to Campuzano and Sherdog gave it to Cariaso so it sounds like it could've gone either way even though it was a Unanimous Decision for Cariaso.
Aether
1/22/11 7:00:36PM
what the **** man, I'm looking at my picks right now and the first fight isn't on the list. I know for sure I picked Cariaso by UD wtf man.
Aether
1/22/11 7:02:51PM
what the ****. has anyone else had problems with the system not reading their picks? 2 of my fights are showing up as not being picked and I am 100% sure I picked them, I even refreshed the page to make sure that there were no blank fields. I'm pissed.
RyanC
1/22/11 7:03:17PM

Posted by Kpro

Posted by RyanC

I switched back to Campuzano late too; I figured his moving his training camp to Team Alpha Male for the fight and his natural aggression would've been enough to give him the advantage. Although Junkie gave it to Campuzano and Sherdog gave it to Cariaso so it sounds like it could've gone either way even though it was a Unanimous Decision for Cariaso.

I guess that makes me feel a little better. I had the UD and everything. . . .
urbman
1/22/11 7:05:00PM
For once in my life I actually switched from Campuzano to Cariasco,doesn't often work out for me when I switch..
Aether
1/22/11 7:05:45PM
if you guys look at your "My Fight Companion" link in the top left does it show all of the fights for you guys?
DCRage
1/22/11 7:07:59PM
3 30-27s, Brenneman. There goes my $2 million parlay.
RyanC
1/22/11 7:08:07PM

Posted by Aether

if you guys look at your "My Fight Companion" link in the top left does it show all of the fights for you guys?

It's not showing for anyone. It has something to with not enough people picking that fight or something like that. I forgot where I read that this week. In my camp somewhere maybe.
RyanC
1/22/11 7:09:17PM
0-2 so far. Another glorious start to an event. I knew I was a fool for not picking Brenneman with the UD.
Aether
1/22/11 7:09:21PM

Posted by RyanC

Posted by Aether

It's not showing for anyone. It has something to with not enough people picking that fight or something like that. I forgot where I read that this week. In my camp somewhere maybe.

Oh good, I just about had a heart attack. I picked the first fight perfectly and I go to check my picks and it shows that I didn't even pick it. thanks.
ncordless
1/22/11 7:09:23PM

Posted by Aether

The fight companion is still not working since the wagers break down. It is a programming issue and is still being resolved. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Aether
1/22/11 7:12:17PM
well then I'm 2-0 with 22 points, sick. Thanks for filling me in, I was like WTF!!!
Pookie
1/22/11 7:16:06PM
It only shows 9 fights.

Brown - Yahya is gone and So is Campuzano v. Caraiso
Kpro
1/22/11 7:16:51PM
Wow, Facebook UFC stream is actually working!
Aether
1/22/11 7:20:35PM
ridiculous standup, I share joe's frustration.
Aether
1/22/11 7:22:44PM
dan miragliotta showing everyone why he's the worst ref in the business.
Aether
1/22/11 7:28:23PM
Looks like Freire might have a shot if he can capitalize on Lowe being gassed in the 3rd. Looks like he's pretty tired as well though.
Pookie
1/22/11 7:29:34PM
Lowe looks alot like Sean Sherk, as far as build.
Kpro
1/22/11 7:29:35PM
Why didn't Miragliotta stand it up when Freire tosses his legs up for the Triangle ?
RyanC
1/22/11 7:34:37PM
0-3
Aether
1/22/11 7:35:43PM
Lowe had me worried in the third when he was eating those elbows, especially because Miragliotta is in there, it could be stopped at any moment.

Looks like I should be 3-0 33 points as long as the judges weren't playing nintendo while the fight was happening.
DCRage
1/22/11 7:36:49PM
3 29-28s, Lowe.
Pookie
1/22/11 7:48:45PM
Go Yahya!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7