Feud between Quinton Jackson and Muhammed Lawal escalates with "Rampage" blog post

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Feud between Quinton Jackson and Muhammed Lawal escalates with "Rampage" blog post
POLL: If they fought now, would a fight between these two be competitive?
Yes 38% (23)
No 62% (38)
mentalcase
7/26/09 2:19:18AM
A budding rivalry that took center stage earlier this month during the festivities surrounding UFC 100 continues to gain steam two weeks later.

In a blog post on FightHype.com by Quinton Jackson, which the former UFC champion also advertised on his Twitter account, "Rampage" blasts prospect Muhammed "King Mo" Lawal.

"This punk ass dude 'King Mo' is all butt-hurt because I don't know who the hell he is," Jackson stated. "Straight up, if you're not one of my friends or fighting one of my friends or a potential later opponent, I might not get a chance to watch your fight. So I didn't know who the hell 'King Mo' was and now [he's] crying like a little girl."
link
Irish_Pride
7/26/09 2:25:46AM
I think it would be somewhat competitive. It would be one hell of a brawl. Both of them are very strong. I don't think King Mo is ready though. Even if it's not really competitive, it sure as hell will be entertaining. I would love to see a great Knockout.
kopower
7/26/09 2:42:18AM
I think Rampage would crush Lawal. He's not ready for someone on Rampage's level.
RearNakedJoke
7/26/09 6:28:38AM

Because 'King Mo' would be half-cool if he didn't have those gay ass nipple rings and didn't talk so much.

rampage speaks the truth.
bojangalz
7/26/09 9:31:23AM

Posted by RearNakedJoke

Because 'King Mo' would be half-cool if he didn't have those gay ass nipple rings and didn't talk so much.

I'm not a big fan of the nipple rings myself. However Rampage accusing anyone of talking too much is the epitimy of the pot calling the cettle black. I would hope Rampage can beat a guy like King Mo, he's got nearly eight times as many career fights. But beyond that, King Mo is making his name at 185 (debut against Travis Wiuff was at 205 on short notice, and the Don Frye fight will be at 205, but other then that he's a 185'er).

The fact of the matter is Rampage is threated by the fact that King Mo is a younger version of himself and he's on a faster track in this sport. Aside from that, King Mo is an articulate, fight-minded student and historian of the game. Everytime King Mo talks, I listen knowing that I'll hear something relavent and meaningful. Everytime Rampage opens his mouth I cringe knowing that he's bound to say something stupid.

prozacnation1978
7/26/09 9:37:23AM
lawal also said he wanted to fight fedor said he could beat him, lawal needs to come stateside already
rcg916
7/26/09 10:37:19AM

Posted by bojangalz

Aside from that, King Mo is an articulate, fight-minded student and historian of the game. Everytime King Mo talks, I listen knowing that I'll hear something relavent and meaningful.

Dude, you really need to re-watch some of this stuff with Rampage. To call Lawal articulate is hilarious. He dropped 2 dozen "N-Bombs" in a matter of 3 minutes. They both run their mouths, making for some very funny banter. And, yes, I agree that they both sound intelligent. But, articulate? I don't think so. Just my opinion, just dont agree that everything that falls from King Mo's mouth is a diamond.
bojangalz
7/26/09 1:04:46PM

Posted by rcg916

Posted by bojangalz

Aside from that, King Mo is an articulate, fight-minded student and historian of the game. Everytime King Mo talks, I listen knowing that I'll hear something relavent and meaningful.

Dude, you really need to re-watch some of this stuff with Rampage. To call Lawal articulate is hilarious. He dropped 2 dozen "N-Bombs" in a matter of 3 minutes. They both run their mouths, making for some very funny banter. And, yes, I agree that they both sound intelligent. But, articulate? I don't think so. Just my opinion, just dont agree that everything that falls from King Mo's mouth is a diamond.

Maybe this will help. The interview starts about an hour and 10 minutes into the show (there is an interuption in the broadcast and the interview resumes at about 1:18 in the show so you can skip the delay). It'll probably change you're tune a little bit. I agree "articulate" may be a stretch by general public standards. But considering how most fighters are on a mic and in interviews, he's clearly above average. That video is nothing more then Rampage goading Mo into a verbal exchange, and Mo didn't even know it was being recorded. You should probably check out his recent phoner with MMA Live for a different perspective on that video.
DaMaGeInC
7/26/09 1:08:58PM
i lost a little for mo after watching that he was the only one using n bombs and it made him sound retarded just my opinion. He is an up and comer and i think hew has a future, he just bothered me a bit
bojangalz
7/26/09 1:30:45PM
That was the whole idea. Him and Rampage have been jaw-jacking back and forth for a while now. Rampage wanted to get him all worked up on camera even though he didn't know it was recording.
Khaos
7/26/09 1:57:02PM
I think "Rampage Jackson" would destroy him. It would be a bigger raping then the second time he fought Chuck.
Giant_Ochai
7/26/09 5:23:23PM

Posted by bojangalz

Posted by RearNakedJoke

I'm not a big fan of the nipple rings myself. However Rampage accusing anyone of talking too much is the epitimy of the pot calling the cettle black. I would hope Rampage can beat a guy like King Mo, he's got nearly eight times as many career fights. But beyond that, King Mo is making his name at 185 (debut against Travis Wiuff was at 205 on short notice, and the Don Frye fight will be at 205, but other then that he's a 185'er).

The fact of the matter is Rampage is threated by the fact that King Mo is a younger version of himself and he's on a faster track in this sport. Aside from that, King Mo is an articulate, fight-minded student and historian of the game. Everytime King Mo talks, I listen knowing that I'll hear something relavent and meaningful. Everytime Rampage opens his mouth I cringe knowing that he's bound to say something stupid.

The Wiuff fight was at heavyweight. Every fight since has been at 205. He does intend to fight at 185 eventually.
jiujitsufreak74
7/26/09 8:58:24PM
i definitely think this fight could be competitive. Rampage isn't used to being out-wrestled, and i think King Mo would do just that. i still say Rampage would win with an all around game, but King Mo could give him serious fits.
Nightmare27
7/26/09 9:48:45PM
King Mo isn't ready for Rampage just yet, but it is a fight and anything can happen. Especially when you're as athletic as Mo. I'd pay to see it.
MMAcca
7/27/09 7:11:42AM
Rampage was on top form in those videos, especially the first

I also loved how Bobby Lashley was just sat there smirking.