FEG Dynamite 2009

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » FEG Dynamite 2009
RhythmAndStyle
12/31/09 2:20:13PM
man this card got me wondering..WTF..i saw a couple of early stoppage..and thought some fighters got jipped in there matches..Soku's fight could have gone on longer..but that fight was kinda boring me to death..Mousasi and Goodridge..but Mousasi woulda just put more punishment on Goodridge..Manhoef and Misaki..wished it would on just a lil bit longer..Kid didn't look so good out there..3 loses in a row..counting the one in K-1..he needs to change his camp name back to Killer Beez..lol..Takaya looked outclassed and gassed..but over all it was a great card..alot of fights getting finished..oh yeah..i hope Fujita's ok..he ate a video game knee..even Overeem was worried..and my boy Aoki..sick submission..but got over heated with that middle finger..not cool homie..so whats your 2cents bout the card?
karn501
12/31/09 4:08:58PM
amazing night of fights but I don't think Mousasi vs goodridge was early stoppage at all you cant just curl into a ball and call it intelligently defending yourself but it seemed there were quite a few ref screw ups but overall great card!
hippysmacker
12/31/09 5:01:21PM
I don't want to say I lost all respect for Aoki till I hear his side of the story. Still It's gonna have to be really good to excuse that display of brutal disrespect
grappler0000
12/31/09 5:09:34PM

Posted by hippysmacker

I don't want to say I lost all respect for Aoki till I hear his side of the story. Still It's gonna have to be really good to excuse that display of brutal disrespect

That's pretty much where I'm at as well.
kopower
12/31/09 5:10:11PM
I wasn't mad about the Soko stoppage. He got dropped and was in a bad position. It didn't look to me that he made an attempt to protect himself afterwards.

The Misaki fight pissed me off a bit. Great night of fights though. Omigawa looked much improved. I thought it was gonna be a short night for him if he stood with Takaya but he proved me wrong.
karn501
12/31/09 5:22:54PM

Posted by hippysmacker

supposedly some words were exchanged during the prefight press conference that Aoki didn't like too much I can't confirm it I think DCRage posted it in one of the threads
MiniMan
12/31/09 5:45:35PM
After watching Aoki do that after his win, We all just said "ooo I wonder what that was about!" More to the story I imagine!! Thought it was funny, Not the arm snap, That made me feel giddy!
BustedKnuckle
12/31/09 8:19:11PM
Mousasi looked amazing. Albeit against Big Daddy. That was the craziest sub I have ever seen, and nasty to boot. Like most of you I am wondering what provoked him!!?? Thought it was in very bad taste !
jae_1833
12/31/09 8:49:41PM

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by hippysmacker

That's pretty much where I'm at as well.

100% that was way worse than Brock to Mir or even Babalu to Heath!!
Franklinfan47
1/1/10 7:07:10PM
Apparently the crowd was cheering for Hirota, which instigated Aoki's heated celebration (yes, he is that insecure). He apologized at the post-fight presser, but didnt seem very sinsere. Even though it was an impressive win, to me it doesnt give Aoki the right to act like a jackass. If he thinks he's so great, bring um stateside so he can prove it against Penn, Melendez, or whoever.

I personally thought a gamer like Hirota would atleast take him to a decision, so it was definately one of Aoki's more impressive wins. Ive never even heard of that sub.

The Overeem, Mousasi, Kawijiri, and Tokoro fights went down as expected, though I was surprised at Kim's toughness, that was fotn for sure. I thought the ref could have let Mousasi pound on Goodridge a bit longer, but I guess it wouldnt have changed much.

Misaki-Manhoef was another story imo. I may be bitter just because I picked Kazuo, but I thought that was stopped way too early. He was rocked for sure, but his eyes never rolled back and he was defending. Given some time, I bet he would have caught Manhoef in something. Frustrating.

Was surprised to see the improving Shibata lose too, though I think that decision could have gone either way. Izumi stole it in those later rounds, but props to him for stepping his game up.

Thought Gono looked very impressive. I dont know where Sakurai's head was at coming into this fight and fighting a friend but I was surprised and disapointed to see him get dominated like he did. Props to Gono though, hopefully he can build himself back up again after that Hornbuckle KO.

Omigawa may have had the most surprising win of the night imo. I thought Takeya would outclass him on the feet but Omigawa showed some serious power and finish ability for once.

Sad to see Kid continue to fall from grace. Like most I thought he atleast had enough left to get past Kanehara but he shocked once again with a great mix of wrestling and striking. I think maybe it may be that Kanehara was being underated then Kid being overated. Hara could be one to watch in 2010.

Another surprise was Yoshida pulling a Couture on all of us and taking a decision over the younger version of himself. I didn't think the fight was all that entertaining, especially with the illegal knee, but atleast both guys tried to stand and bang. Japan's goldenboy Ishii is off to a bad start.

MINOWAMANN!!! Even though I had Sokoudjou picked, I was so happy to see Minowa take this. After all these years, he's finally starting to get some notorioty in this super hulk tournament. And to KO him like he did, it was awesome for sure. I think the stoppage was justified too, maybe a tad early, but meh. Was a good thing too because that fight was boring as **** before the KO.

All in all, Dynamite did not disapoint. Another great show turned in despite a few controversies. Wasnt surprised Dream beat out Sengoku, but I was surprised how close it was