I have a feeling Forrest is gonna win

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » I have a feeling Forrest is gonna win
Next Page »
the_01
8/5/09 11:53:56PM
I have never wanted a fighter to win so bad since Machida in the Machida-Evans fight. I now wish Forrest would win soooooo bad. I promised my kids around 300 (US Dollars) each if Forrest wins. Otherwise, Ill be sooooo dissapointed for a while as if I was the one that lost. But I have this little hope that Forrest is gonna pull off the win.
What do you guys think? And if Forrest was to read this post, what would you guys give him as advice?
ChokeUout
8/6/09 12:22:10AM
Look on the bright side: At least you won't have to fork out $300

If Forrest was to read this post: Get the plastic surgeon on line 2

Prediction: Silva by first round Head Kick KO

You heard it hear first....Unless forrest does win, in which I would delete this post.
joshryanshepherd
8/6/09 12:57:04AM
i have the same feeling, Forrest is to good now to be made fool of and completely outclassed.

if i know Forrest was reading this. i would tell him "keep your chin down, keep your feet moving and don't settle for just one punch!"
Nightmare27
8/6/09 2:03:59AM
Take it to the ground Forrest, its only a matter of time on your feet. That being said I think that he has a great chance with a Couture type gameplan.
TimW001
8/6/09 2:36:28AM
Occasionally I'll get weird feelings before big fights. LIke Gonazaga/CC, GSP/Serra, Liddell/Rampage, Sylvia/Couture, Wanderlei/Chuck. In all of those fights, I tried to deny it so the feeling was really strong. But in this case I'm going with it, and I really do think Forrest will win. I am extremely excited for this event. The two headlining fights are awesome.
mentalcase
8/6/09 3:30:34AM
Forest is gonna get brutalised Anderson Silva is going to make a point and he has 20 less pounds to cut so he will be a bit stronger

have you seen the way loins tear zebras apart on the discovery channel
raymurda
8/6/09 6:55:51AM
Forest got a iron chin man. i got a feeling hes gona give silva a run for his money. forest is know for taking serious punishment and keeps comming. hes also got a amazing gas tank. i seriously belive forest is gona get this 1. i will be watching it live from the wac hope the event is good.
State_Champ
8/6/09 8:50:56AM
Forrest definitely doesn't have an 'iron chin'.
emfleek
8/6/09 9:15:41AM

Posted by the_01

I promised my kids around 300 (US Dollars) each if Forrest wins.

Daddy...is that you?

prozacnation1978
8/6/09 9:44:29AM
i wouldn't be shocked but all i know is forrest will bleed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
juggernautakira
8/6/09 10:20:53AM

Posted by State_Champ

Its pretty good though. When has he gotten KOd? He hasnt. Try TKOd.
emfleek
8/6/09 10:27:05AM

Posted by juggernautakira

I think it's safe to say that the amount of times you're on the receiving end of a TKO can also be a strong indicator of how much of a glass jaw a fighter has.

That being said...I don't think Forrest has a weak chin. He's taken his lumps just like thousands of other guys have.
george112
8/6/09 12:44:51PM
for me its one of those things where my heart wants forrest to win so badly.but when i actually look at it(am not a silva fan)i can see how hard this is going to be for griffin.like a previous poster said.i think anderson is going to make an example of forrest.but we'll see!

just my thoughts
juggernautakira
8/6/09 12:45:19PM
I know a lot of people are going to disagree, but depending on the fighter and their demeanor in the heat of battle, there are some TKOs in the past that dont seem merited, hence, "early stoppages."

But were here for the fighters' safety, blah blah.
slapshot
8/6/09 1:03:16PM
I posted a wile back about why I think Forrest will win this and I still feel the same way now.
MattHughesRules
8/6/09 9:32:28PM
I want Forest to win this fight SO bad...so I might be bias..lol. In all honesty I think he has a good chance to win though. He has gone the distance with Rampage.....beaten Shogun. I think he will take this fight to the floor and grind out a decision.

No matter what happens I think this is Silva's biggest test to date....
Rush
8/7/09 10:50:42AM

Posted by juggernautakira

Posted by State_Champ

The last time he got KOed was against Rashad. Eventhough it was called as a TKO, I'm pretty sure he was asleep by the time the ref jumped in.

RhythmAndStyle
8/7/09 12:35:11PM
we're goin to see Forrest cry AGAIN in the cage..like what happened when Jardine knocked his ass out....
Chuteboxer
8/7/09 3:40:50PM
To be honest, I'm not sure I can easily say that Anderson's gonna KO forrest in the first round...after what we've seen from him against Mr. Thales, I don't think it's gonna happen. Forrest can win this fight if he's smart, but it will be anything but easy. With that said, I'm rooting for him. I just can't help but like the guy. Anderson? Not that I hate the guy or anything, but when you have a guy like Leites in the ring who's looking for a way out, you help him out, you know? You don't play with him.
SociopathX
8/7/09 9:50:07PM
Forrest is a striker such as Silva's calibers wet dream. He will bang with silva no doubt, but much like iron chin Leben will hit the mat.
thunderstruck
8/8/09 12:58:37PM
i think forrest has a shot . i see the first few rounds (1 and 2 ) being a slow , feeling out process .trading a few leg kicks and a few exchanges with the hands that will be 10-10 rounds fer the both of em . i then see anderson getting impatient and losing a close round to forrest . then silva winning the next two rounds taking a split descision win over forrest , the descision will be booed out of the stadium as alot of fans will feel forrest deserved the win . you heard it hear first .
whardin19
8/8/09 1:03:38PM
I know I'm routing for Forrest in this fight. It's going to be tough fight. Forrest has been KO'ed before so that pretty scary. The one thing though Forrest is not going to go into this fight scared. He will bring the fight.
Aaronno9
8/8/09 1:04:03PM

Posted by thunderstruck

i think forrest has a shot . i see the first few rounds (1 and 2 ) being a slow , feeling out process .trading a few leg kicks and a few exchanges with the hands that will be 10-10 rounds fer the both of em . i then see anderson getting impatient and losing a close round to forrest . then silva winning the next two rounds taking a split descision win over forrest , the descision will be booed out of the stadium as alot of fans will feel forrest deserved the win . you heard it hear first .

Well, if it goes like you predicted Forrest will be taking the win, becouse only the first 3 rounds will count....
thunderstruck
8/8/09 1:41:11PM

Posted by Aaronno9

Posted by thunderstruck

Well, if it goes like you predicted Forrest will be taking the win, becouse only the first 3 rounds will count....

lolololololololol.wow. you got me there . what planet was i on eh ? i guess im so used to asilvas fights being title fights i had a brain fart . my bad . i guess ill have to change my previous outlook ...feeling out process for first round only , in which forrest gets it and silva takes the next two rounds closely ...29-28 on all three judges scorecards for silva .and the descesion still gets booed out of the stadium .

//just say no to drugs , kids . god whats wrong with me lol .
PricklyPear
8/8/09 8:08:08PM
Everyone has that feeling. Thats why it's not gonna happen.
Aaronno9
8/9/09 12:07:10AM
george112
8/9/09 12:28:14AM

Posted by Aaronno9

mentalcase
8/9/09 1:23:34AM

Posted by mentalcase

Forest is gonna get brutalised Anderson Silva is going to make a point and he has 20 less pounds to cut so he will be a bit stronger

have you seen the way loins tear zebras apart on the discovery channel

raymurda
8/9/09 1:24:38AM
ate my words guys. lol forest got owned hard. That was embarasing on his part. silva is certified badass. he throws such crisp punches and moves like a boxer. hes a beast.
CanadianCripplr
8/9/09 1:24:58AM

Posted by RhythmAndStyle

we're goin to see Forrest cry AGAIN in the cage..like what happened when Jardine knocked his ass out....

we couldnt tell if he was cryin or even bleeding as he ran outa the ring so fast it was surely the fastest 100m dash back to the lockeroom...ever.
Pages: [1] 2