Anyone have a feeling of a BIG announcement at UFC 71...??

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Anyone have a feeling of a BIG announcement at UFC 71...??
« Previous Page
Gogoplata
5/23/07 10:15:27PM
The transfer of assets from Pride to UFC hasn't even officially taken place yet, so I doubt we will hear anything about a Super Bowl MMA event.
hughesfan1
5/23/07 10:21:34PM
I hope the big announcement is that UFC 72 will be free on Spike !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Trapt1nw0nder
5/24/07 3:49:09AM

Posted by hughesfan1

I hope the big announcement is that UFC 72 will be free on Spike !!!!!!!!!!!!!

this would be BAD NEWS for me....i would rather get together with my buddies and all pay for a commercial free PPV.

Not only are commercials annoying,but sucks for people that are recording the event.....damn spongebob burger king commercial,and GGW commercials they gave during UFC 70 were a pain...plus they would cut to commercials right after the round was over,and a person like me wants to see and hear whats going on in the corner.....i dont know if its just me,but the event feels extra special when you're paying for it

CornishMMA
5/24/07 7:28:56AM
IT WONT BE FREE ON SPIKE!
Its not hard to understand that Spike are not going to want to screen 3 UFC events in 2 weeks!!! And officials from Spike have actually stated this - so stop the false hop and come to terms with the fact UFC 72 WILL BE PPV

The Big Announcement will be that Shogun has signed and is fighting Babalu/Lambert at UFC 72 :)
blkssncpt
5/24/07 10:55:11AM
i think the announcement will be that they've signed Shogun... maybe something on the UFC/HBO deal if thats still talks.
THE_AXE_MURDERER
5/24/07 6:42:12PM
there will be no big announcement
cowcatcher
5/25/07 8:27:12AM

Posted by blkssncpt

i think the announcement will be that they've signed Shogun... maybe something on the UFC/HBO deal if thats still talks.

i think you got it right, its gonna be shogun being the next in line for a title shot
mkiv9secsupra
5/25/07 8:37:33AM
yeah dana is going to have shogun at the show then announce Shogun's arrival to the UFC then have Chuck come out and then they will do the whole Wandy/Chuck thing from UFC 61.........except this time it will happen.

haha then again this whole entire post has been because someone had a gut feeling so maybe nothing at all will happen...
gspgnp
5/25/07 10:49:15AM

Posted by blkssncpt

I think your right. Dana said that the winner of Chuck and Rampage already has been challenged by somebody and they will announce who it is on Saturday! Hopefully it is Shogun, he has that 2 way contract so maybe.
shakeandbake
5/25/07 1:13:01PM
shogun is gonna challenge winner of chuck/rampage2
Brownsfan222
5/25/07 4:24:53PM
They will announce the Pride deal being finalized and then announce Shogun or Lil Nog is coming over to the ufc to challenge the winner of liddell/jackson. hopefully shogun does
loller90278
5/25/07 4:43:00PM
Thats right! Not Shogun. Dan Henderson will be announced tonight as fighting the winner of Chuck and Rampage. Shogun will also be introduced, but will fight against a TBA opponent at 72... You will all see! Just figured I would let you know. Enjoy the show!
TheHitmanTL
5/25/07 5:19:41PM
i know what the annoucement is i read it on a website but forgot which one....he is going to annouce that the winner of chuck and rampage will fight someone from prride but i dont know who the article didnt say.
MattHughesFan
5/26/07 1:02:16AM

Posted by loller90278

Thats right! Not Shogun. Dan Henderson will be announced tonight as fighting the winner of Chuck and Rampage. Shogun will also be introduced, but will fight against a TBA opponent at 72... You will all see! Just figured I would let you know. Enjoy the show!

First off Shogun will not be fighting at 72. that rumor began when his fight camp posted a blog about him fighting at UFC 72 but later recalled it saying it was a mistake. The chances are very slim that he will fight at 72. Second i can almost garunte there will be two big announcements tomorrow night and i know what there going to be.
the-james
5/26/07 2:35:45PM
The annoucement will be that Shogun will be coming over , or maybe Paulo Filho ( that would be awesome), put it will probably just be them officially announcing the ufc 73 or 74 cards.
cowcatcher
5/26/07 2:39:06PM

Posted by MattHughesFan

Posted by loller90278

First off Shogun will not be fighting at 72. that rumor began when his fight camp posted a blog about him fighting at UFC 72 but later recalled it saying it was a mistake. The chances are very slim that he will fight at 72. Second i can almost garunte there will be two big announcements tomorrow night and i know what there going to be.

as long as i have your garunte(WTF?) then i can sleep soundly at night
randyleprechaun
5/26/07 3:53:50PM
Hendo, and Shogun! Hope its true
loller90278
5/26/07 10:08:28PM
I TOLD YALL NIGGAS IT WAS DAN HENDO!
!!
Pages: 1 [2]