I have a feeling Bader will beat Rampage..

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » I have a feeling Bader will beat Rampage..
Next Page »
FastKnockout
2/21/12 4:30:35PM
Just one of those feelings. Bader seems to be a huge underdog and Rampage is focused more on the fight being in Japan then the fight itself, and he believes he will blow through Bader. From everything Rampage said leading into this week and media/fans writing Bader off this may very well be the ingredients to a huge upset.

pmoney
2/21/12 4:56:43PM
I hear ya, FastKO. I can see Bader winning, but I can see this being a Bader-Tito repeat at the same time.

Bader is still young. A win here could put some of the shine he had before losing to Jon Jones back on him. At the same time, I don't think a loss would hurt him too bad. That would put him at 1-3 in his last four, but I think Bader has the tools to stay in the UFC for a long time.

If Bader could put his hands together and learn to set up his shot in Rashad-like fashion, I could see him having similar success.

DeadHead988
2/21/12 5:05:28PM
Av bet? I'm on a hot streak and I'll take Rampage
FastKnockout
2/21/12 5:16:16PM
No, no, no. It's just a feeling. I'm staying with the safe pick in Rampage. lol
FastKnockout
2/21/12 5:21:18PM

Posted by pmoney

I hear ya, FastKO. I can see Bader winning, but I can see this being a Bader-Tito repeat at the same time.

Bader is still young. A win here could put some of the shine he had before losing to Jon Jones back on him. At the same time, I don't think a loss would hurt him too bad. That would put him at 1-3 in his last four, but I think Bader has the tools to stay in the UFC for a long time.

If Bader could put his hands together and learn to set up his shot in Rashad-like fashion, I could see him having similar success.

I just hope he gained the confidence back he lost from the Tito fight. With a guy like Bader his confidence can make or break him.
Wallass
2/21/12 5:26:53PM
Remember when we had a feeling Bader would beat Tito? I'm just saying.
FastKnockout
2/21/12 5:30:35PM

Posted by Wallass

It works the other way around to. Everyone wrote Tito off against Bader like they're doing with Bader against Rampage. lol
TeamDEY
2/21/12 5:36:47PM
Honestly... Rampage will be more trained for this fight than any. He REALLY wanted to fight back in Japan. Rampage will be more Hungry now than in his last fight. Bader's wrestling is not good enough to Rampage down plus, Bader's standup is no where near Rampage. This will be an easy fight for Rampage IMO.
Aether
2/21/12 5:38:21PM
This is just about the worst possible stylistic matchup for Bader IMO. I see basically no possible way that he wins unless Rampage just stands flat footed in front of him and does nothing.
FastKnockout
2/21/12 5:57:35PM
Let's hope Rampage REALLY is training as hard as he says he is. He has a bad habit of saying he's doing more in training but always looks the same.
tmas
2/21/12 6:13:10PM
Rampage is gonna shock everyone with how he wins!
BlueSkiesBurn
2/21/12 6:56:19PM

Posted by tmas

LHK KO or TKO from leg kicks?
prophecy033
2/21/12 7:01:14PM

Posted by Wallass

I don't think Rampage is gonna submit anybody
Pookie
2/21/12 7:08:45PM
Seeing the two stand side-by-side, rampage looks a hell of a lot bigger.
UFC_Fanatic
2/21/12 7:30:08PM

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Posted by tmas

LHK KO or TKO from leg kicks?

lol Nope, he's going to drop him with a LHK, then jump on him and finish him via d'arce choke, or maybe catch him in a gogoplata a scramble.
prozacnation1978
2/21/12 10:11:37PM
I doubt he loses. Rampage lobbyied hard to get on this Japan card. He won't be made a fool of in his other hometown.
tcunningham
2/21/12 10:12:27PM
this is another fight thats hard to pick. its gonna rely on what fighters show up. will the rampage of old show up and maul bader like it was pride FC. will bader push the pace and set up his takedowns and big punches or will he just swing wildly and get out boxed. im not that excited about this fight. just wondering if rampage has still got it.
twodragunns
2/22/12 9:58:42PM
I agree with prozacnation1978 and don't see Bader having much of a chance beating Rampage in Japan. I see Rampage trying to walk down a retreating Bader for the better part of 3 rounds. Once Bader realizes that he can't take Rampage down he'll be backing up trying not to get ko'd.
aussiemma
2/23/12 12:50:43AM
im getting that feelin of an upset too...but it just isnt that strong ! i want bader to pull it out but like someone said...this is like rampages hometown so he will have that extra fire up.

still tipped bader though....
kingsmasher
2/23/12 11:16:34AM
Baders camp sucks nobody to push him IMO!!
Cooler
2/24/12 12:57:51PM
Bader winning? I have this exact opposite feeling
KungFuMaster
2/24/12 1:15:08PM
I don't just have a feeling; I know Bader will win.

On a serious note, if I can legally bet on this fight, I would bet on Bader.

Rampage has been blessed with good genes and therefore he still looks like he is in shape - but if you have followed him from his Pride days, you will know he has not been training as much and his fighting spirit is almost but gone.

Bader for me...
george112
2/24/12 1:34:31PM

Posted by KungFuMaster

I don't just have a feeling; I know Bader will win.

On a serious note, if I can legally bet on this fight, I would bet on Bader.

Rampage has been blessed with good genes and therefore he still looks like he is in shape - but if you have followed him from his Pride days, you will know he has not been training as much and his fighting spirit is almost but gone.

Bader for me...

Tbh I was thinking the same thing.
Yeah i want rampage to win and all but I can really see him going all out in round one than pretty much gassing halfway through round two.

But I can also see rampage just plain in monster shape for his fight in Japan.

With that being said I think bader will be competitive and actually get rampage down a time or two.

Rampage via unam dec
emfleek
2/24/12 1:40:07PM
BOLD PREDICTION: Rampage TKO's Bader midway through R1 and promptly announces his retirement.

cowcatcher
2/24/12 1:46:58PM

Posted by emfleek

BOLD PREDICTION: Rampage TKO's Bader midway through R1 and promptly announces his retirement.

Dude, I was thinking the EXACT same thing. His heart has been in question since he was in PRIDE, and winning the belt from Chuck seemed to revitalize him for awhile, but that seemed to wear off a couple years ago. This is probably his curtain call, sadly.
Cooler
2/24/12 2:02:34PM

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by emfleek

Dude, I was thinking the EXACT same thing. His heart has been in question since he was in PRIDE, and winning the belt from Chuck seemed to revitalize him for awhile, but that seemed to wear off a couple years ago. This is probably his curtain call, sadly.

Sick of this heart and motivation talk honestly, he has a lot of heart. You may not like the guy and you seem to have a conjecture about his skills but c'mon he has one of the biggest hearts in the game and that you cant recognize that is staggering considering you just called another posters posts shit the other day. I could give excuses for Rampage's career, most of them outside factors like the bad decisions imo against Griffin that changed the landscape of his UFC career for example.. but who cares right? it's over, he lost, that's the past, this is now and you will see his heart on display again this Saturday.
emfleek
2/24/12 2:09:36PM

Posted by Cooler

Sick of this heart and motivation talk honestly, he has a lot of heart. You may not like the guy and you seem to have a conjecture about his skills but c'mon he has one of the biggest hearts in the game and that you cant recognize that is staggering considering you just called another posters posts shit the other day. I could give excuses for Rampage's career, most of them outside factors like the bad decisions imo against Griffin that changed the landscape of his UFC career for example.. but who cares right? it's over, he lost, that's the past, this is now and you will see his heart on display again this Saturday.

Pump the brakes a bit.

Cowcatcher stated a fact. People (fans, media, HIS BOSS) have been questioning his desire to fight for a while now. He wasn't accusing him of anything.
cowcatcher
2/24/12 2:18:36PM

Wow, if you're going to call me out that's a pretty weak one to start with. Gather yourself, dust off, and try again there champ. I wasn't even questioning his heart there, I was saying his heart's been questioned for a long time, and it has . I didn't give my opinion of the guy at all, but I will say that when a fighter says he's sick of the fight business several times over the course of a few years I think his heart is out of the game. It doesn't mean he is weak or anything else that you want to put in my mouth, just that his love for the sport is waning. Thanks for playing.
Cooler
2/24/12 2:20:59PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by Cooler

Pump the brakes a bit.

Cowcatcher stated a fact. People (fans, media, HIS BOSS) have been questioning his desire to fight for a while now. He wasn't accusing him of anything.

Just because people or the media state something doesn't make it a fact.
Cooler
2/24/12 2:23:45PM

Posted by cowcatcher

Wow, if you're going to call me out that's a pretty weak one to start with. Gather yourself, dust off, and try again there champ. I wasn't even questioning his heart there, I was saying his heart's been questioned for a long time, and it has . I didn't give my opinion of the guy at all, but I will say that when a fighter says he's sick of the fight business several times over the course of a few years I think his heart is out of the game. It doesn't mean he is weak or anything else that you want to put in my mouth, just that his love for the sport is waning. Thanks for playing.

Don't flatter yourself too much thinking I am challenging you like a couple of rams this is simple, ok, you call a fighters heart into question and then shift it into "no thats just what other people say and im just stating a fact that its been questioned" well obviously people gossip and come to wrong conclusions all the time, our entire history is based on getting things dead wrong at first.
Pages: [1] 2