How do you feel about putting money on Kendall Grove?

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA Playground Game Talk » How do you feel about putting money on Kendall Grove?
Biggee
6/8/08 6:35:35PM
'I have 2300, im thinking about putting all of it on him, because the payout is good.
wolfman
6/8/08 6:46:03PM

Posted by Biggee

'I have 2300, im thinking about putting all of it on him, because the payout is good.

Good luck with that one. Yet, anything can happen in MMA as we've seen....85 is a great example of course. I think the only way Grove beats him is if he gets a flash KO, or outpoints him. Both, I don't see happening. I can't see him subbing Tanner either...Tanner has seen the blue print to beat Grove, just come out and pressure him and hit his chin several times and he wins. Tanner via TKO in the 1st.
Mayhem13
6/8/08 6:56:44PM
I'm putting some cash on Grove..I think he can catch Tanner with a headkick.

Tanner was getting caught left and right against Okami, and was getting very frustrated and sloppy because of it.

I think Grove can use his gigantic abnormal reach and frustrate Evan into a mistake and get the finish
tepid55
6/8/08 7:01:27PM
Tanner's odds are pretty good.
wolfman
6/8/08 7:05:30PM

Posted by Mayhem13

I'm putting some cash on Grove..I think he can catch Tanner with a headkick.

Tanner was getting caught left and right against Okami, and was getting very frustrated and sloppy because of it.

I think Grove can use his gigantic abnormal reach and frustrate Evan into a mistake and get the finish

Good points, but for his first fight back he was up against a tough fighter in Okami, that's a tough task for anyone to take on and it was his first fight after a long layoff. Can Grove beat Tanner, yes he can, but I hope Tanner wins and think he will win. In addition, Grove is nowhere near as good as Okami...but Grove's reach could be a factor in the fight, but he hasn't utilized it well at all lately.
Bosco
6/8/08 8:20:06PM
Tanner sure didn't look that great against Okami but who does? Never bet on a glass jaw...
Twenty20Dollars
6/8/08 8:45:16PM
I wouldnt put money on kendall just doesnt seem like a good idea. the TUF 7 finale doesnt really have any good betting i think.
jgordon85
6/8/08 8:53:37PM
i dont think it is a good idea to bet on grove. i think he is going to lose this fight. his stand up is decent but there is a problem with him (besides his glass jaw) he has an extreme reach against close to all middleweights but he does not use it. he does not fight tall he does not fully take advantage of his height. the only time he does is on his back in his guard but with evan tanner on top throwing bows you can call it a night. i am taking tanner for the ko.
bullettdodger
6/9/08 12:32:55PM
While anything can happen i really can't see Grove pulling this one out. I thought he would have gotten back on track and this might have been harder to pick if he had beaten Rivera... but since he got dominated in that fight i really just can't see Grove beating Tanner. Tanner did.... decent... against a waaaay better fighter who has been in the mix for the past year or so... How long was Tanner our like a year or two right? Well anyway i think Tanner Round 1 KO is the way to go... almost a safe pick with Grove in the opposite corner
DCRage
6/9/08 12:33:57PM
I'd like to see Kendall win but he's been strugging as of late and this is a bad matchup for him. He taps to Tanner in round 2.
Raykill
6/10/08 1:43:02AM
If you do it, good luck. You and kendall are both going to need it
bigbubbano23
6/11/08 2:46:13PM
kendall has to be the worst tuf winner yet.
D0wnUnd6e6r
6/11/08 4:56:56PM
i feel...not good about it... don't usually put money on the loser
breakdown5
6/12/08 7:35:57PM
Put all 2300 on Grove.
Definitely a sound investment.

Sarcasm aside, Grove will be mowed over by Tanner.
Boo_Radley21
6/12/08 8:35:48PM
I wouldn't do it man. I don't see any way Kendall can take this one, and it would suck for you to lose all your money on him.
bobbydoomocculta
6/12/08 8:59:45PM
Put all ya money on Tanner... That's the only way you'll see a payout in this one...
CornishMMA
6/13/08 7:29:31AM
I will adapt the title slightly

Q: How do I feel about YOU putting money on Kendall Grove?

A: GREAT! go on ..................................... do it!
D0wnUnd6e6r
6/13/08 7:55:08AM

Posted by breakdown5

Put all 2300 on Grove.
Definitely a sound investment.

Sarcasm aside, Grove will be mowed over by Tanner.

You will be sad... and broke lol
uGotKTFO
6/13/08 12:21:51PM
I'm putting money on Kendall and I'm not even a fan.

I just can't pass up a big underdog who's fighting a guy who has spent most of the last 2/3 years on a alcohol fueled vision quest.
Biggee
6/22/08 2:42:31AM
HAHAH, told you. I called it, that's all im saying. I knew it...thanks kendall for all the good money.

Just like im putting money on Justin Mccaulley (spell?) over gonzaga.

Gonzaga = over rated!
uGotKTFO
6/22/08 2:08:19PM
Thanks Kendall!

I'm with you Biggee, I'm also putting big money on McCully over Gonzaga.
Figsak
6/23/08 2:18:17PM
Gonzaga may be overrated, but McCully is trash. He's a bad B level fighter.

Any1 who put money on Grove is retarded... and yet rich.

Who'd of known grove would all the sudden re-learn how to fight. I picked Tanner to win because Grove has a habit of getting smashed out in round 1, and Tanner has a habit of being good at doing just that. Unfortunately Tanner also has a habit of being sloppy and looking like shit when he fights a good striker who can defend takedowns.

I was sure Tanner would win, but not sure enough to drop any money on it.
CornishMMA
6/25/08 7:10:33AM
LOL at this thread with hindsight

Biggee you should really make a new thread for the outragous underdog pick of McCully cos i really dont see it! oh wait i didnt see this either
Biggee
6/25/08 12:00:41PM

Posted by Figsak

Who'd of known grove would all the sudden re-learn how to fight. I picked Tanner to win because Grove has a habit of getting smashed out in round 1, and Tanner has a habit of being good at doing just that. Unfortunately Tanner also has a habit of being sloppy and looking like shit when he fights a good striker who can defend takedowns.

I put money on Grove, does that make me retarded, if so, this is coming from a guy with a 3-7 record. Please STFU! That's all.
Biggee
6/25/08 12:02:43PM

Posted by CornishMMA

LOL at this thread with hindsight

Biggee you should really make a new thread for the outragous underdog pick of McCully cos i really dont see it! oh wait i didnt see this either

I know it's a big time risk to put money on mccully over gonzaga. I know gonzaga is a better fighter. Yet gonzaga isnt real great imo; so i believe that anyting can happen in mma (gsp vs. serra) and with the odds like they are, i want to win alot of money, or lose just a little.

My pick is Gonzaga.
My wager goes on Mccully.
Figsak
6/25/08 3:50:40PM

Posted by Biggee

Posted by Figsak

I put money on Grove, does that make me retarded, if so, this is coming from a guy with a 3-7 record. Please STFU! That's all.

1. Anyone who did well in the last event was making alot of underdog picks.
2. Yes. Yes it does make you retarded.
3. Judge a persons record after 10 events, not 1.
4. Troll.
5. More pew pew less QQ
Biggee
6/27/08 2:51:00PM
Ur retarded. and should be banned.
Figsak
6/27/08 6:58:51PM
Ur?

Only ppl I know that type like that are 12, and have vag*nas.

You and my little sister would have TONS in common. I'll hook you up with her number so you and her can TXT About BoYz and Hannah Montana. It'll be a PrTy 4evR.

ttyl