Who Do You Feel Is The Greatest Champion In Ufc History

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Who Do You Feel Is The Greatest Champion In Ufc History
POLL: Which Fighter Has Been The Greatest UFC Champ
Anderson Silva 57% (24)
Georges St-Pierre 33% (14)
Matt Hughes 5% (2)
Randy Couture 2% (1)
Tito Ortiz 0% (0)
Royce Gracie 2% (1)
prophecy033
7/31/11 9:32:13PM
We've had a few dominate champions in the short history of the UFC. I wanna know who you feel had/has the most impressive rein over their division/divisions
Chael_Sonnen
7/31/11 9:37:54PM
1) GSP
2) Hughes
Pookie
7/31/11 9:39:14PM
Anderson, easily.
Budgellism
7/31/11 9:45:37PM
You've gotta go with Silva. He's broken records, and remained unbeaten throughout his entire ufc career. Hard to argue against him.
FastKnockout
7/31/11 10:26:44PM
Who voted for Couture and what are your reasons?
TeamDEY
7/31/11 10:40:40PM
This isn't even a question absolutely Anderson Silva. He has never lost I don't understand how you could choose any other fighter above Anderson. He is not only the greatest champion but the greatest ever.
PABLOMAFIOSO
7/31/11 11:02:05PM
Unquestionably Anderson Silva. Even though he F****d around in a couple of fights he proved nobody could beat him. when push comes to shove Anderson provides the goods. GSP is a great champion but I would rather watch Anderson 9 times out of 10
Chael_Sonnen
7/31/11 11:08:12PM

Posted by TeamDEY

This isn't even a question absolutely Anderson Silva. He has never lost I don't understand how you could choose any other fighter above Anderson. He is not only the greatest champion but the greatest ever.

Wait a minute....I thought Fedor was the greatest ever??
Pookie
7/31/11 11:09:26PM
Well... in the UFC...
Patchedup15
7/31/11 11:09:43PM

Posted by TeamDEY

He hasn't had to same caliber of opponent.. He may very well be the better fighter but the question is who is the best champion which includes the opponents and GSP's round streak is unfathomable
Pookie
7/31/11 11:10:58PM

Posted by Patchedup15

Posted by TeamDEY

He hasn't had to same caliber of opponent..

As who?

Chael_Sonnen
7/31/11 11:11:03PM

Posted by Patchedup15

Posted by TeamDEY

He hasn't had to same caliber of opponent.. He may very well be the better fighter but the question is who is the best champion which includes the opponents and GSP's round streak is unfathomable

Greater Champion = GSP > Andy
tn_rebel
8/1/11 12:32:20AM

Posted by FastKnockout

Who voted for Couture and what are your reasons?

I picked Silva because he has pretty much destroyed everyone he has fought in the UFC, but I can see why someone would pick Couture he's the only one on the list that has held a belt at 2 different weight classes, he has had more title reigns than anyone, and been in more title fights as well. Its easy to make an argument for Randy. The only one on the list I can't make an argument for is Tito.
Twenty20Dollars
8/1/11 12:52:03AM
Anderson Silva
crushedbacon
8/1/11 1:13:47AM

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

1) GSP
2) Hughes

Even as GSP fan from Canada, I'd certainly say its Anderson, but I get it..... your in character, some weird mixed up blend of Chael Sonnen and Walter White... but whatever works for ya man.
hashyandy4
8/1/11 1:19:16AM

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

1) GSP
2) Hughes

Man Sonnen Nuthuggers are funny. Without question as of rite now anderson is the greatest champion ever.
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
stevemeade420
8/1/11 2:10:08AM
toss up between silva and GSP but im leaning towards GSP because he won 33 rounds in a row and hes just an amazing athlete. its a crime for them not to fight each other, dana's waiting for the perfect time to do it or atleast he fu*king better be, hes a businessman that fight will be the highest selling ppv and attendance (if in Toronto or another vary big stadium) theres every reason for that fight to happen and that fight wont hurt eather of there careers
Aether
8/1/11 5:33:06AM
I don't see how it can be anyone other than Anderson. GSP IMO is the only other possible option. Silva has eclipsed Liddell and Ortiz by a long ways, especially because of the fact that he has done more in a far more advanced era of the sport.

GSP would be close behind, but the fact that he lost his title to Serra and the fact that he has been playing it safe pretty consistently where Anderson has been creating the most spectacular highlights to come out of the sport really seals the deal IMO.

Also worth noting that GSP is practically a middleweight fighting at 170 and Anderson has actually gone up to 205 and beaten a recent champion from that division as well.
kingsmasher
8/1/11 9:44:26AM
Silva hands down I would say dead even if GSP wasnt beaten by Serra and if he was finishing guys...like I still do not see how he didnt finish Koscheck...Thats playin it a little too safe...
pmoney
8/1/11 10:14:54AM
I want to say Silva. I should say Silva.... I was just thinking though.... Chael Sonnen said that Silva was going to lose to Okami this month in Brazil. I was wondering..... If that were to happen, what happens to his legacy?

I would still pick AS over GSP. Silva has had a couple underwhelming performances (in wins) over years of highlights, and GSP has had years of boring with a few highlights mixed in, not to mention losing his title briefly.
TeamDEY
8/1/11 11:25:18AM

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Posted by TeamDEY

It's a tie
prophecy033
8/1/11 11:37:24AM

Posted by TeamDEY

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Posted by TeamDEY

It's a tie

the header reads "ufc champion". I felt we pretty much covered Fedor yesterday
mrsmiley
8/1/11 2:42:51PM
I have to go with GSP on this one. Silva has the more spectacular finishes but I believe St. Pierre has consistantly fought tougher opposistion. Took out Hughes twice,beat Sherk,BJ,Fitch,Shields,Karo,Pete Spratt (It was only GSP's 5th mma fight and I think Spratt had well over 15 by that time),Alves,etc.

Not saying Anderson hasn't fought tough guys,I mean come on he dispatched Vitor and Hendo decisively,and you have to account for St. Pierre's loss to Serra in the debate as well but what GSP proved after that fight was the ability to get the title back and keep,which is a very hard thing to do.
I'm certainly not dogging anyone for thinking Anderson is the greatest but as of now I'm going with Rush.

Though the question is who is the greatest. Not simply who is the best. If i'm thinking greatest I got to account how much money and hype surronding that fighter too.
With that being said Tito and Randy are good candidates for this debate.
prophecy033
8/3/11 2:27:55AM
No love for Tito, really doesn't surprise me. But he was THE' guy back in the day