Does anyone else feel like UFC 102 is going to be epic?!?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Does anyone else feel like UFC 102 is going to be epic?!?
Violence108
8/13/09 4:54:51PM
With the main card being full for top level fighters and the Undercard haveing some great names as well, does anyone feel like its going to be one for the best cards of the year??
This card will give us some new HW fightes to talk about. And give us a MW #1 contender. and a LHW contender.
I felt like UFC101 was kinda a let down all toghter, aside for the last to fights, which was really the cards only selling point to me.
But 102 any one for the main cards fights could be a main event or co-main event on any other card.
Randy/Nog- great battle of seasoned HWs
Keith/Silva- to good strikes and both looking to bang it out
Nate/Maia - top 5 MW's in my eyes , the win should get a shot at the title
Vera/Krz - to formr HW's , good strikes, good ground.
Leben/Jake - to me almost a garintd TKO/KO
and thats just the main card.
Ed/Aaron - Ed just beating the crow, and Aaron looking to become a UFC contenders, to me Ed Herman has not been in a boring fight.
GG/Chris - the 1st time ChrisT. will fight in the UFC and its against a former title contender
Justin/Mike - to good HW's both looking to make a name in the ufc
Tim/Todd - Tim coming off the upset of Pat, and Todd being a beast of a man

I cant wait for this UFC to come up!!!!
chickmagnet
8/13/09 4:57:42PM
Yes, it will be epic.

I am going to the event and im very stoked, the fight im looking foward to most is Maia/Marquardt, I expect some wild things to happen on the card.
DCRage
8/13/09 4:57:51PM
My thoughts on the card, especially the PPV portion, are best summed up like this: It's the first PPV since I started watching them online (I think the first one for me was 91) that I am NOT going to watch. I'd much rather see some of the prelims.
nickcuc547
8/14/09 6:14:48PM

Posted by DCRage

My thoughts on the card, especially the PPV portion, are best summed up like this: It's the first PPV since I started watching them online (I think the first one for me was 91) that I am NOT going to watch. I'd much rather see some of the prelims.

ya me too, since ufc 56 this might be the first I don't watch, not that the card is horrible, just not worth $45.
cowcatcher
8/14/09 8:50:05PM

Posted by nickcuc547

Posted by DCRage

ya me too, since ufc 56 this might be the first I don't watch, not that the card is horrible, just not worth $45.

randy vs nog 8 years ago or now is worth $45 to me, its not often in any sport that you get to see two true legends go at it.
hippysmacker
8/14/09 8:55:02PM
NOg/Randy- Maia/Marquardt- and Jardine/Silva alone are worth the $ 45 to me. The winer of Maia /marquardt probaly get a title shot after Hendo. Nog/ Randy is a dream matchup , and Jardines fight are always exciting to me - win or lose.Chris Tuchscherer( Lesanrs training partner) against Gonzaga- same thing as Jardine- win or lose every fight has been exciting since The cro-cop fight.Add some tough to pick under card bouts and I am geared up for it.
prozacnation1978
8/14/09 11:18:19PM
i am getting on a plane in less than 2 weeks to see the fights in portland, i am still in awe of such a great card in july in vegas, great time, portland might be too soon for another round but after portland comes los angeles than back in vegas for new years end card, i love my ufc trips!!!
nothing is betterm than seeing a card live than pay per view
Wolfenstein
8/15/09 12:17:55AM
I don't think it's going to be epic in terms of it hosting several FOTN candidates--but I think the matchups are really interesting. Most of the matchups could go either way, but I don't believe they're going to be back and forth battles, except maybe Soz vs Vera and Jardine vs Silva--which I'm stoked beyond belief to see those fights. Couture vs Nog and Maia vs Marquardt--either you're going to see a quick submission or a three round beatdown...can't wait to see which!
TimW001
8/15/09 2:59:04AM

Posted by DCRage

My thoughts on the card, especially the PPV portion, are best summed up like this: It's the first PPV since I started watching them online that I am NOT going to watch. I'd much rather see some of the prelims.

I'm on the same page. I can miss this one.
Aleks_Smash
8/18/09 11:42:02AM
YES!!!! as well as UFC 103!
juggernautakira
8/18/09 9:59:31PM
Isnt this hilarious. I came on here to piss and moan about the upcoming UFC event. I dont hate any of the fighters nor do I care too much about them. Plus, there is no championship match!!! How do they make these PPVs?! Obviously, Ill be watching this at a bar and not ordering it myself (NO bars charge cover here or in my home town)

I like the main event, Couture by Dec.
Sub-main event? I could give a rats ass.
Excited to see Maia again.
I always liked Leben...sh.it, I can go on and on with the preliminaries. I agree with DC (was it?) that they are better than the main's.
juggernautakira
8/18/09 10:02:16PM

Posted by Aleks_Smash

YES!!!! as well as UFC 103!

Meh, I like 103 better than 102, but again, no championship, so I am with you 90%.
Violence108
8/18/09 10:14:25PM
Why are so many people hateing on this card, just because it doesnt have a title fight on it? your favorite fighters not on it? the main event sucks?? whats wrong with you people, MMA's not all title fights, some of the best fights arent title fights, i have to attmit i thought the same you about UFC 99 until i started looking at all the fights closely , and its problay going to be way better than UFC 101
tylerdurdin83
8/19/09 3:15:10PM
I will not be getting this one either.

My reasons are that most all (aside from Maia) fighters on this card are not contenders for the title in my eyes. No disrespect. We have all seen these fighters losing in devastating fashions before therefore most of my interest is gone for them at this point in their career.

My opinoin:
Randy - not a fan of his style.
Noguiera - fan but too old
2 old men for main event with non exciting fight styles.. Pass
Jardine - houston, silva... no interest
Silva - outclassed by machida ...no interest
May be exciting - Co-Main event...Not thanks.
Maia - worth every penny to watch
Marquadt - good but remember Silva
This fight is the reason I will watch this event (Illegaly of course)
Vera - seen him beat, not a fan, sometimes exciting
SysozinklsSdf? - I like him but not enough to buy a card

I dont want to go through the rest because Im getting too depressed I have to wait for the next one.

Disclaimer: I am in no way (trying to) disrespecting fighters. I am simply expressing my opinions on why I have no interest in this card. Some of these fighters may be your favorites but not worth my $45.00.
ncordless
8/19/09 3:20:47PM
Those who are not watching this card are crazy.

There are 3 matches with both fighters in the top ten of their division. There have been cards with only one fighter in the top ten.
emfleek
8/19/09 3:38:29PM

Posted by ncordless

There are 3 matches with both fighters in the top ten of their division. There have been cards with only one fighter in the top ten.

I guess I don't understand the "I'm not watching it because there are no title contenders" or "...no title fights" mentality. It'd be like not watching any football games because they're not playing for a Superbowl (or BCS) championship.

You know why I'll be watching this event?

I'm a fan of mixed martial arts.
ace_of_god
8/19/09 3:41:12PM
If Krystof(sp?) wasn't sub in I wouldn't by it I would just wait for the good fights to show up on Spike but since he is fighting I ordered the card, and will be waiting for him and the Maia fight.
juggernautakira
8/19/09 4:53:35PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by ncordless

I guess I don't understand the "I'm not watching it because there are no title contenders" or "...no title fights" mentality. It'd be like not watching any football games because they're not playing for a Superbowl (or BCS) championship.

Dont confuse people's motives here. I think everyone will see it, just not pay directly for it. You know why and that is the disagreement.

You can pay for it all you want. Were all going to be pissing and moaning about results afterwards. The only difference is some of us didnt pay for it. ;-)
Sinister
8/19/09 6:08:25PM
To me non of the main events are "HUGE" huge but it feels like there are 3 co main events which makes it worth it. I hate when some cards have one great fight and the other four fights are weak.
Sinister
8/19/09 6:11:11PM

Posted by juggernautakira

Posted by emfleek

Posted by ncordless

Dont confuse people's motives here. I think everyone will see it, just not pay directly for it. You know why and that is the disagreement.

You can pay for it all you want. Were all going to be pissing and moaning about results afterwards. The only difference is some of us didnt pay for it. ;-)

Don't say that on here. Dana White will find you and set the UFC runnin wild on you brother!