Fedors flaw?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Fedors flaw?
Next Page »
POLL: Will he ever loose?
No way 33% (18)
Its inevitable 67% (37)
KillaMed87
7/12/07 6:53:30PM

I thought of this topic while reading another topic "Tired of it." Some people say Fedor is "unbeatable" and others think that no one is perfect. Some believe he will retire undefeated, while others think he will eventually loose. IMO i believe he will loose eventually.

What is Fedor's flaw, if any! What is the weakest part of his game, and who would best capatalize on this weakness (who he has not faced before)

And of course if you dont think he has anything to worry about tell me why

Northrend
7/12/07 7:20:02PM
I honestly was thinking about this and I don't see Fedor loosing. People say it is inevitable..but why? Why does he have to loose if he keeps fighting to his potential I don't see him loosing. His flaws are he cuts easy and that his wrestling is not the greatest. I think he is just to explosive and dynamic to get LnP'ed on. I guess the best way to beat him would be to throw an elbow and cut him...
Twenty20Dollars
7/12/07 8:13:35PM
i think hes bound to lose if he signs with the ufc. its just anything can happen in a MMA bout. as to boxing where usually the guy favored usually wins.

i just always remember anything can happen in a fight.
warglory
7/12/07 8:34:26PM
The man is far from being unbeatable. Mark Hunt came very close to beating him and Cro Cop left him looking like he just got out of a bar brawl. He has just had the ticket of everyone he has fought. Is he the best we have seen thus far? I think so, but the man is a human, and he can be beaten. I would love to see Hunt vs Fedor II personally.
KillaMed87
7/12/07 9:51:57PM
who do you guys think has the best chance of beating him? I think if rampage moved up to HW hed have a good chance
crizlance
7/12/07 10:05:50PM
Yeah I agree, if there is someone who can beat him I guess Rampage is the best fighter who can defeat that unbeatable MMS hero!
But we will see, I wish I could see these two inside the Octagon.....

juanez13
7/12/07 10:11:05PM
of course fedor is not perfect, but i dont see randy wearing out fedor like he did to sylvia, or i dont see gonzaga beating him, but u never noe he might get caught...but if its about skill i think fedor can retire undefeated....as far as to rampage being able to beat fedor, i dont see that, i could see fedor overpowering Page in every aspect of the fight
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 2
richieb19
7/12/07 10:48:01PM
Pawel Nastula would pwn him IMHO...
Ydoc
7/12/07 11:07:29PM
His biggest weakness could be a new environment like the Octagon. We've seen quite a few fighters not live to their true potential because they weren't use to the cage, so if Fedor ever did sign with the UFC he better train in a cage for his first fight or he could be in for a surprise. Other than that I don't think much else can stop him right now.
placente
7/12/07 11:36:42PM
i think fedor can b defeated but many ppl said matt linland would destroy him and he just outskilled lindland, i mean he steps up every time he's been tested, he has a huge heart, for example in the hunt fight, he could,ve taped out from that key lock but he gut it out and submited hunt.

he's dangerous from everywhere: strikes, GnP, submisions, heart
if someone is gonna beat him, its gotta b someone as good as him
akumairon
7/12/07 11:39:19PM
i remember seeing a video of fedor training in a cage and i think i also remember him starting out in a cage, but i just don't seeing him lose anytime soon if at all, but he might lose in the future just not now
hippysmacker
7/13/07 3:57:19AM
He seems to cut easy, thats his only flaw IMO.
Mastodon2
7/13/07 4:47:32AM

Posted by hippysmacker

I agree, and its a terrible flaw too, because if he gets a cut and loses a UFC fight it will be such a bitch, losing from a cut is never a real loss, if Fedor ever loses then it should at least be because he was truly out done, not bummed out on some technicality.
Copenhagen
7/13/07 5:50:54AM
He'll be OK as long as Reggie Warren Jr. stays out of MMA.
Northrend
7/13/07 6:35:45AM

Posted by richieb19

Pawel Nastula would pwn him IMHO...

Maybe if he brought a shotgun into the ring with him
nastshabast
7/13/07 6:35:53AM

Posted by Northrend

I honestly was thinking about this and I don't see Fedor loosing. People say it is inevitable..but why? Why does he have to loose if he keeps fighting to his potential I don't see him loosing. His flaws are he cuts easy and that his wrestling is not the greatest. I think he is just to explosive and dynamic to get LnP'ed on. I guess the best way to beat him would be to throw an elbow and cut him...

i would vote that way based on everyone else that has been unbeatable has gotten beat..........my thinking is kinda like the gsp/serra fight .....9 times out of ten gsp beats him ......someone is bound to catch up to fedor that one time but i hope it never happens
Stickan
7/13/07 6:38:09AM

Posted by warglory

The man is far from being unbeatable. Mark Hunt came very close to beating him and Cro Cop left him looking like he just got out of a bar brawl. He has just had the ticket of everyone he has fought. Is he the best we have seen thus far? I think so, but the man is a human, and he can be beaten. I would love to see Hunt vs Fedor II personally.

Hunt wasn't very close at all IMO. Fedor himself said that he was in no danger of tapping and considering the face he had when Hunt cranked it, I believe him. It didn't look that badly torqued(sp?) either.
He did look like a mess after the Mirko fight but him bruising and cutting easily hasn't ever stopped him before.

I chose the "it's inevitable" option but I think I might change my mind. Because of his sambo in his home country I don't think he'll ever get to terms with the UFC so he'll probably fight in BoDog where he'll never get the competition to truly challenge him.
If he signs with UFC he's going to lose eventually.
MisFiT
7/13/07 6:55:12AM
His flaw after a few more successful fights - Sokoudjou.
Tons33
7/13/07 9:04:28AM
I am hoping Gonzaga is the real deal beats randy beats nog then fights fedor. I am not saying its going to happen i just want it to. I think gonzaga can match fedor intensity and aggresiveness. Thats the fight i want to see.
juanez13
7/13/07 1:44:05PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted by stickan

Hunt wasn't very close at all IMO. Fedor himself said that he was in no danger of tapping and considering the face he had when Hunt cranked it, I believe him. It didn't look that badly torqued(sp?) either.
He did look like a mess after the Mirko fight but him bruising and cutting easily hasn't ever stopped him before.

I chose the "it's inevitable" option but I think I might change my mind. Because of his sambo in his home country I don't think he'll ever get to terms with the UFC so he'll probably fight in BoDog where he'll never get the competition to truly challenge him.
If he signs with UFC he's going to lose eventually.

the part where u said bruising and cuts has never cuased him to stop before......thats actually wrong cus the only loss he has on his record was due to an illegal elbw that cut his eye and couldnt continue, and when he fought big nog for the 2nd time the fight was stopped and called a no contest cus fedor was cut above his eye cus he hit his eye off big nogs forhead...juss wanted to let u noe
Ultimate_fighter
7/13/07 9:10:41PM
He wont lose by ko tko or sub... he will lose by doctor stoppage,, he gets cut to easy in my books
loller90278
7/13/07 11:13:36PM
whatever the flaw, the scientists will just create a new microchip for him to fix it
szucconi
7/13/07 11:33:34PM

Posted by Mastodon2

Posted by hippysmacker

I agree, and its a terrible flaw too, because if he gets a cut and loses a UFC fight it will be such a bitch, losing from a cut is never a real loss, if Fedor ever loses then it should at least be because he was truly out done, not bummed out on some technicality.

That would mean that KenFlo and his pointy elbow have a good chance of beating Fedor.

I think his flaw, aside from the cuts, is that he is to good and to well rounded. He is willing to test his ability and stand with a striker or do Greco with a Greco guy or go down with a BJJ guy. He let Randleman, a wrestler, in on a shot and get two slams. It might bit him in the ass. He has been good enough to regain position and the fights eventually work to positions that give him an edge, but he might get caught. It doesn't seem like he game plans for the other fighters strengths. IMO, that is what makes him so exciting, but it might be his down fall.
Northrend
7/13/07 11:46:14PM

Posted by szucconi

Posted by Mastodon2

Posted by hippysmacker

That would mean that KenFlo and his pointy elbow have a good chance of beating Fedor.

I think his flaw, aside from the cuts, is that he is to good and to well rounded. He is willing to test his ability and stand with a striker or do Greco with a Greco guy or go down with a BJJ guy. He let Randleman, a wrestler, in on a shot and get two slams. It might bit him in the ass. He has been good enough to regain position and the fights eventually work to positions that give him an edge, but he might get caught. It doesn't seem like he game plans for the other fighters strengths. IMO, that is what makes him so exciting, but it might be his down fall.

How do you mean he doesn't gameplan for their strengths? I don't know what gameplan woulda made him not get takendown by Kevin/Mark...and when they did he easily submitted him. In the Crocop fight his gameplan is why he won..there was no way he could get a TD without first striking and we saw him outstrike the kickboxer. IMO his gameplans are one of the reasons he is so dangerous.
szucconi
7/14/07 12:29:33AM

Posted by Northrend

How do you mean he doesn't gameplan for their strengths? I don't know what gameplan woulda made him not get takendown by Kevin/Mark...and when they did he easily submitted him. In the Crocop fight his gameplan is why he won..there was no way he could get a TD without first striking and we saw him outstrike the kickboxer. IMO his gameplans are one of the reasons he is so dangerous.

Are you saying he let Kevin pick him up and slam him twice? That game plan could get someone, maybe not Fedor, knocked out. I know he can control the fight from the bottom or get on top of Randleman almost any time he wants, but if he hit the ground the wrong way on the second slam then he could have been KOed. I think he gave Lindland a better position then he should of. I know that when he fought CroCop that he trained the LHK, but who doesn't. With CroCop’s complete lack of a ground game and not so legendary sprawl Fedor should have gone for a takedown right away. Instead, he hit him in the face a lot. Not that thats a bad thing to do, but he might have thought about taking him down at that point. When CroCop was down and Fedor was raining bombs it was great for fans because CroCop was getting hit and Fedor was close to getting an up kick to the chin. I think Fedor could have done better, less risky moves and maybe finished him.

I think KenFlo can take him. After all, he finishes fights.
silverbullet
7/14/07 9:40:21AM

Posted by szucconi

Northrend
7/14/07 10:01:05AM

Posted by szucconi

Posted by Northrend

Are you saying he let Kevin pick him up and slam him twice? That game plan could get someone, maybe not Fedor, knocked out. I know he can control the fight from the bottom or get on top of Randleman almost any time he wants, but if he hit the ground the wrong way on the second slam then he could have been KOed. I think he gave Lindland a better position then he should of. I know that when he fought CroCop that he trained the LHK, but who doesn't. With CroCop’s complete lack of a ground game and not so legendary sprawl Fedor should have gone for a takedown right away. Instead, he hit him in the face a lot. Not that thats a bad thing to do, but he might have thought about taking him down at that point. When CroCop was down and Fedor was raining bombs it was great for fans because CroCop was getting hit and Fedor was close to getting an up kick to the chin. I think Fedor could have done better, less risky moves and maybe finished him.

I meant that Fedor could not have stoppen the takedown so he had to base his gameplan around the fact that he realized he was gona get taken down. Also Crocop's sprawl is legendary and shooting in without striking would have gotten him KO'ed. If you have seen Mirko's fights his TD defense is insane...Him vs Coleman/Nog (nog gets 1 takedown the whole fight) Barnett, Wandy, Yoshida. His groundgame has gotten 10000x better then it was when he first started same with his TD defense. Lol @ Kenflo remark.
johny_rotten
7/14/07 10:32:07AM
This is fighting, and every human has a little nerve behind there jaw that put them to sleep instantly. Since pretty much everyone Fedor will fight from here on out has the ability to hit that nerve he could lose to anyone. He also has some serious scar tissue above his eye that may cause him to lose as well. There is also a new environment in the UFC he has to deal with along with having to travel from Russia to the US every time he fights. Fedor is more prepared for all these challenges than any fighter alive right now.

In about 1 year I would love to see Shogun step up and fight Fedor. Rua has had trouble with making 205, and is the closest to haveing the all around game that Fedor has.
Branwest
7/14/07 2:19:04PM
Cutting Fedor has never stopped him before? Is everyone forgetting his loss in 2000?
hippysmacker
7/15/07 4:29:16AM

Posted by Branwest

Cutting Fedor has never stopped him before? Is everyone forgetting his loss in 2000?

It was a tournament, and someone had to advance. I don't remember if it was a headbut or elbow that did it( I watched it once on youtube and can't remeber the details) , but it was an illegal strike. I think it should have been a NC, but like I said someone had to advance.Doesn't seem fair for someone to get a loss due to the other guy breaking the rules IMO.
Pages: [1] 2