SF Fedor vs. Werdum Results/Discussion (Spoilers)

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » Spoilers Forum » SF Fedor vs. Werdum Results/Discussion (Spoilers)
« Previous Page | Next Page »
Aether
6/27/10 12:12:15AM
yeah I was thinking the same thing about avoiding MMA forums for a couple of days. It's going to get just crazy.
postman
6/27/10 12:17:22AM

Posted by jae_1833

I'm off the net for at least a couple of days now, one I am going to train, two the threads that are ridiculous are alreay starting on the PG, and three I want to have something intelligent to say before I make any further comments. Fear not my fellow PGer's I shall return! Stay classy Playground!!

Fedor needs to drop to 205
Fedor has and inflated record over inflated fighters
Fedor couldn't escape a triangle that day 2 stuff (we all know RNC defense is day 1)
Brock beat Mir, Mir beat Nog, Nog beat Werdum and Werdum beat Fedor no brainer!
postman
6/27/10 12:18:56AM
Anyone wanna avatar bet on this UFC main event on Spike I will take Shogun!
BlueSkiesBurn
6/27/10 12:19:47AM
I'm not avoiding anything. I'm sure Fedor would be an overwhelming favorite in a rematch, unfortunately, that's not what we saw tonight. Fedor lost. It's great for the sport, it proves that nobody is invincible. I am feeling good about tonight.
emfleek
6/27/10 12:35:59AM
Dana White's response via Twitter...

posted by Dana White

: D

StriderXero
6/27/10 12:40:23AM
First bj loses to frankie, now fedor loses to werdum..... now I would definately not be surprised in anderson loses to sonnen. God I hope argentina doesn't lose to mexico tommorrow too.

Props to werdum, no one can say he beat the emelianenko bros.

I'm going to stay away from anything dana white related. I can already hear him say fedor lost to a ufc reject.
BlueSkiesBurn
6/27/10 12:41:37AM
Weird, only Fedor showed up to the post-fight press conference

link
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
Naturaldisaster
6/27/10 12:45:07AM

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

I'm glad for Werdum. He was disrespected the entire night. Not only by the promotion itself, but by the announcers as well. Even the freakin' ring announcer called his win a "stunning upset." And why do they keep calling a freakin' triangle choke an armbar!?

They were sayin that cuz im pretty sure it was the armbar that he tapped to. The triangle was deep as hell but i think his arm was about to snap (at least thats how it looked to me)
BlueSkiesBurn
6/27/10 12:47:38AM

Posted by Naturaldisaster

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

I'm glad for Werdum. He was disrespected the entire night. Not only by the promotion itself, but by the announcers as well. Even the freakin' ring announcer called his win a "stunning upset." And why do they keep calling a freakin' triangle choke an armbar!?

They were sayin that cuz im pretty sure it was the armbar that he tapped to. The triangle was deep as hell but i think his arm was about to snap (at least thats how it looked to me)

That makes complete sense.

The reason I question it is because they called everything a knockout tonight when they were really T/KO's Strikeforce has a bad habit of calling things incorrectly, IMO.

Thanks for the clarification.
D0wnUnd6e6r
6/27/10 12:51:37AM
sorry folks just came in here... saw fedor lose at buddy's house... we're all still quite shocked and in disbelief... that was f*cked!!!! end of an era, end of a great dynasty... wow just wow, everyone seriously had that look on their face. information is still not quite processing in my brain
cowcatcher
6/27/10 12:53:18AM

Posted by D0wnUnd6e6r

sorry folks just came in here... saw fedor lose at buddy's house... we're all still quite shocked and in disbelief... that was f*cked!!!! end of an era, end of a great dynasty... wow just wow, everyone seriously had that look on their face. information is still not quite processing in my brain

im thinking ill be feeling that same thing for a couple of days.
Naturaldisaster
6/27/10 12:53:38AM

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

That makes complete sense.

The reason I question it is because they called everything a knockout tonight when they were really T/KO's Strikeforce has a bad habit of calling things incorrectly, IMO.

Thanks for the clarification.

No problem bro. I thought at 1st it was the triangle to but then when they showed the replay i payed closer attention to fedors arm, and it looked pretty hyperextended, and right before he tapped werdum pushed his hips upward and cranked down on fedors wrist, and he tapped right then. but It was definitly a combonation of both subs cuz his face and head were turnin purple lol
BlueSkiesBurn
6/27/10 12:56:13AM
Am I the only one that isn't in disbelief?
BlueSkiesBurn
6/27/10 12:57:55AM
Roy Nelson's Twitter

roynelsonmma Just saw history, this is why u should watch all MMA fights no matter what organization it is to support us. http://fb.me/vH66W4Tn
emfleek
6/27/10 12:58:24AM

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Am I the only one that isn't in disbelief?

I'm not dumbfounded or anything. If I've learned one thing, it's to always expect the unexpected in MMA. I was caught off guard by the finish because it didn't go how I thought it would go. I'm not in disbelief, though.

This is one of the many reasons I love this sport.
BlueSkiesBurn
6/27/10 12:59:41AM
That's sort of how I feel. I don't think that anything is impossible. I had a feeling Werdum was going to win tonight. Just a gut feeling.
ncordless
6/27/10 1:00:04AM

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Roy Nelson's Twitter

roynelsonmma Just saw history, this is why u should watch all MMA fights no matter what organization it is to support us. http://fb.me/vH66W4Tn

In other news, Nelson has been dropped from the main card and his clothing company has been banned from the UFC.
cowcatcher
6/27/10 1:00:53AM

Posted by ncordless

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Roy Nelson's Twitter

In other news, Nelson has been dropped from the main card and his clothing company has been banned from the UFC.

BlueSkiesBurn
6/27/10 1:02:09AM
You know, it wouldn't shock me....the ban, yes, being dropped from the main card, no.
sbulldavid
6/27/10 1:12:59AM

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it was the armbar, he had a tight triangle but he didn't have the choke locked in when Fedor tapped.
BlueSkiesBurn
6/27/10 1:15:13AM
I thought the choke was locked in pretty tight. Fedor's head was purple.
emfleek
6/27/10 1:17:40AM

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Agreed. He may have tapped to the armbar but he was going to sleep had he not tapped.
Pookie
6/27/10 1:23:47AM
Not surprised.
BlueSkiesBurn
6/27/10 1:28:07AM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Agreed. He may have tapped to the armbar but he was going to sleep had he not tapped.

Werdum just pulled off a badass submission. That's what happened.
mshalosky
6/27/10 1:34:34AM
I think the management of strikeforce needs to check themselves. They keep putting all there eggs in one basket and you just cant do that in the fight game. This is at least the 3rd time ive seen it recently only advertising for Le not Smith, Hendo not Shields and Fedor not Werdum. They cant always expect who they want to win to actually win.
BlueSkiesBurn
6/27/10 1:37:26AM

Posted by mshalosky

I think the management of strikeforce needs to check themselves. They keep putting all there eggs in one basket and you just cant do that in the fight game. This is at least the 3rd time ive seen it recently only advertising for Le not Smith, Hendo not Shields and Fedor not Werdum. They cant always expect who they want to win to actually win.

co-signed.
RearNakedJoke
6/27/10 5:31:55AM

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Posted by mshalosky

co-signed.

I'm with you guys on this one.

I was really irritated with the promotion of the Hendo v shields fight. then this event where all they talked about was Fedor. I only knew Le vs smith or even that thompson or crys cyborg were fighting because i put in my picks here. to be completely honest i forgot those fights were tonight and almost didnt tune in at all.

They also need to start pushing some other female fighters or its going to be ugly for them when some "unknown" beats lady cyborg (i use the term "lady" loosely)
BlueSkiesBurn
6/27/10 5:39:05AM
Cristiane Santos is a saint!!!
DCRage
6/27/10 8:26:58AM
I think we may have just seen EliteXC 2.0 last night with Werdum as Seth Petruzelli and Fedor as Kimbo Slice. This could be the beginning of the end for SF.Dana's response on Twitter was short & sweet:
slapshot
6/29/10 1:28:57PM

Posted by postman

Fedor needs to drop to 205
Fedor has and inflated record over inflated fighters
Fedor couldn't escape a triangle that day 2 stuff (we all know RNC defense is day 1)
Brock beat Mir, Mir beat Nog, Nog beat Werdum and Werdum beat Fedor no brainer!

I hope this post is intended to be a joke not just ending as one, lol.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7