SF Fedor vs. Werdum Results/Discussion (Spoilers)

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » Spoilers Forum » SF Fedor vs. Werdum Results/Discussion (Spoilers)
« Previous Page | Next Page »
ncordless
6/26/10 11:52:13PM
sherdog.net just went down... here comes the wave. All mods on deck.
npayant
6/26/10 11:52:14PM
Werdum... classy!

Won real money on Werdum, btw! Yay!!!!! I knew no way was he a +500!!
Aether
6/26/10 11:52:20PM
holy **** this dude has some balls.
RearNakedJoke
6/26/10 11:52:32PM
maybe Tito can teach Fedor how to escape a triangle.
telnights
6/26/10 11:54:02PM
Cant say I'm really shocked Fedor is the greatest HW ever but age and the game growing it was just a matter of time before this happened.

This will really shake up the HW rankings more than ever before.
Aether
6/26/10 11:54:25PM
I'm going to predict right now that we hear a lot of ridiculous russian mob theories flying around the internet.
BlueSkiesBurn
6/26/10 11:54:30PM

Posted by ncordless

sherdog.net just went down... here comes the wave. All mods on deck.

Franklinfan47
6/26/10 11:55:22PM
Werdum just caught Fedor in a triangle?

In other news, hell has frozen over.
Aether
6/26/10 11:55:42PM
I was thinking he might lose to Overeem but definitely didn't expect this.
postman
6/26/10 11:56:37PM
Will this cause Fedor to have to sign with Zuffa?
AchillesHeel
6/26/10 11:57:23PM

Posted by Franklinfan47

Werdum just caught Fedor in a triangle?

In other news, hell has frozen over.

Posted by Aether

I thought this was reminiscent of Matt Serra clobbering GSP.
jae_1833
6/26/10 11:57:33PM
More breaking news..."Pigs have taken to flight, place of origin: my butt!"
Naturaldisaster
6/26/10 11:57:43PM
Im Completely speechless still......
BlueSkiesBurn
6/26/10 11:58:16PM
I'm glad for Werdum. He was disrespected the entire night. Not only by the promotion itself, but by the announcers as well. Even the freakin' ring announcer called his win a "stunning upset." And why do they keep calling a freakin' triangle choke an armbar!?
jae_1833
6/26/10 11:58:22PM

Posted by postman

Oh god ..... NO!!! Don't start that!!!
Aether
6/26/10 11:58:57PM
arrrrrrrgh.

I'm dreading the headlines that are going to be coming out within hours from Dana White.

On the plus side, Fedor's pricetag just dropped quite a bit so the UFC being able to get him is *slightly* more likely. M-1 has kind of lost their bargaining chip considering Fedor has only 1 fight left.
postman
6/26/10 11:59:21PM

Posted by jae_1833

Posted by postman

Oh god ..... NO!!! Don't start that!!!

Just for you
RearNakedJoke
6/26/10 11:59:52PM

Posted by Aether

Well sticking with tradition Fedor should be next in line for a shot at Overeems belt.
BlueSkiesBurn
6/27/10 12:00:20AM
Seriously, would anybody like to say something about how great of a win this was for Werdum? I get that Fedor is a great fighter but we just witnesses relative history in MMA and nobody is talking about Werdum, only Fedor.
ncordless
6/27/10 12:01:31AM
Jamming out to REM's "The End of the World as We Know It." And you know what, I do feel fine. It had to happen some day.
Franklinfan47
6/27/10 12:02:08AM
Well I did mediocre at best on this card

I dont know if this makes Werdum look really good or Fedor look overrated.

I may be tempted to put the winner of Carwin/Lesnar at the top of my hw rankings now.
Khaos
6/27/10 12:02:15AM

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Seriously, would anybody like to say something about how great of a win this was for Werdum? I get that Fedor is a great fighter but we just witnesses relative history in MMA and nobody is talking about Werdum, only Fedor.

I was very impressed by Werdum, I think this solidifies him as a TOP 10 fighter, I am truly eager to see where he'll go from here, truthfully I would like to see him back in the UFC.
AchillesHeel
6/27/10 12:02:23AM

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

One of the announcers mentioned that Werdum said he was watching video of Fedor's win(s) over Big Nog, and thought he spotted something that Fedor was doing wrong. This certainly suggests that he really did.
jae_1833
6/27/10 12:03:04AM

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Simple he is now ranked #1 in the world....thats what happens when you beat a champion of Fedor's calibur.
ncordless
6/27/10 12:03:57AM

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Great win for him, but I'd expect anyone dumb enough to stick their head in between his legs to get tapped. Werdum has been dissed since his fights with Arlovski and Dos Santos, but he is the best bjj player in HW mma right now except for maybe Roger Gracie.
BlueSkiesBurn
6/27/10 12:05:00AM
I don't know if he jumps to #1 but certainly top 4
cowcatcher
6/27/10 12:06:12AM
im kind of heartbroken, im just totally shocked. good job by werdum, but man i just dont know how to feel about that. of course fedor showed nothing but class as usual, and werdum did the same.
Aether
6/27/10 12:08:17AM

Posted by ncordless

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Great win for him, but I'd expect anyone dumb enough to stick their head in between his legs to get tapped. Werdum has been dissed since his fights with Arlovski and Dos Santos, but he is the best bjj player in HW mma right now except for maybe Roger Gracie.

Yeah, this.

If you take away the fact that it was Fedor and look at it as any other fight, it wasn't a very spectacular win.

It's great for Werdum, I'm sure he's on top of the world, but long-term I don't think the rankings are really going to shift a whole lot other than Fedor dropping and Werdum being recognized unanimously as a top 10. I think Fedor would still be an overwhelming favourite in a rematch.
postman
6/27/10 12:08:35AM

Posted by cowcatcher

of course fedor showed nothing but class as usual, and werdum did the same.

First Fedor Thread of the night feels other wise. Fedor is a narcissist
jae_1833
6/27/10 12:09:58AM
I'm off the net for at least a couple of days now, one I am going to train, two the threads that are ridiculous are alreay starting on the PG, and three I want to have something intelligent to say before I make any further comments. Fear not my fellow PGer's I shall return! Stay classy Playground!!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7