Fedor is still the true heavyweight champ

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Fedor is still the true heavyweight champ
pmeout
3/17/08 11:54:41PM
When the UFC was having troubles guys walked away from there belts for greener pastures. So if you follow the fighters rather then the belt i guess that makes Fedor the UFC Champ

UFC 12 - Judgement Day
Mark Coleman def. Dan Severn - Submission (Choke) 2:57 rd 1
UFC 14 - Showdown
Maurice Smith def. Mark Coleman -Decision
UFC 15 - Collision Course
def. Tank Abbott - Submission (Strikes) 8:08 rd 1
UFC Japan - Ultimate Japan 1
Randy Couture def. Maurice Smith -Decision
VTJ 1998 - Vale Tudo Japan 1998
Enson Inoue def. Randy Couture - Submission (Armbar) 1:39 rd 1
PRIDE 5 - PRIDE 5
def. Soichi Nishida -Submission (Rear Naked Choke) :24 rd 1
PRIDE Grand Prix 2000 - Opening Round
Mark Kerr def. Enson Inoue - Decision
PRIDE Grand Prix 2000 - Finals
Kazuyuki Fujita def. Mark Kerr - Decision
Mark Coleman def. Kazuyuki Fujita - TKO (Corner Stoppage) :02 rd1
def. Igor Vovchanchyn - Submission (Strikes) 3:09 rd 2
PRIDE 13 - Collision Course
def. Allan Goes - TKO (Knees)
PRIDE 16 - Beasts From The East
Big Nog def. Coleman - Submission (Triangle/Armbar) 6:10 rd 1
wins 6 fights
PRIDE 25 - Body Blow
Fedor def. Big Nog - Decision (Unanimous)
wins 15 fights
cmill21
3/17/08 11:58:07PM
Lol put your flame suit on.
pmeout
3/18/08 12:00:33AM
do you agree?
Pookie
3/18/08 12:21:02AM
You have to agree lol, its fact.

Funny how that worksout though...

War Fedor.
Nightmare27
3/18/08 12:31:28AM
There is no way to argue with that.
cmill21
3/18/08 12:39:29AM

Posted by pmeout

do you agree?

I can't agree or disagree or I will have people crying at me lol. Then again if you look at it....it's there lol
BlazinSaddle
3/18/08 1:08:44AM
i dont count his loss to TK so hes 27-0 to me, with wins over the some of the best and elite in the world, ive seen about 20 or so of his fights and would bet my house on Fedor to beat anybody cage or ring until he retires, the last emperor reigns until beaten!!!
Pookie
3/18/08 1:14:25AM

Posted by BlazinSaddle

i dont count his loss to TK so hes 27-0 to me, with wins over the some of the best and elite in the world, ive seen about 20 or so of his fights and would bet my house on Fedor to beat anybody cage or ring until he retires, the last emperor reigns until beaten!!!

The only reason it was ruled a loss was because of the tournament happening that night.
Any other organization would have ruled it a DQ or possibly no contest.
BlazinSaddle
3/18/08 1:17:55AM

Posted by Pookie

Posted by BlazinSaddle

The only reason it was ruled a loss was because of the tournament happening that night.
Any other organization would have ruled it a DQ or possibly no contest.

yeah why do you think i said that first part, of corse i know that
pmeout
3/18/08 1:24:57AM
If you consider early Pancrase as mma and count in the open weight champs as the first heavyweight champions. Using the same logic that would make Shammy the first champion. Bas Rutten 16 wins as champ and retiring champion. If you would consider Randlemen would have been the number one contender there for the champ after Bas retired. If you continue this way it still leads to Fedor.
Pookie
3/18/08 1:28:58AM

Posted by pmeout

If you consider early Pancrase as mma and count in the open weight champs as the first heavyweight champions. Using the same logic that would make Shammy the first champion. Bas Rutten 16 wins as champ and retiring champion. If you would consider Randlemen would have been the number one contender there for the champ after Bas retired. If you continue this way it still leads to Fedor.

It always leads to fedor
Kpro
3/18/08 1:38:27AM
There's no way to argue him as the #1 Heavyweight.

But a real champ fights #1 contenders.
Pookie
3/18/08 1:42:46AM
Like Gonzaga and a broken Sylvia

... had to do it. My apologies.
cmill21
3/18/08 1:48:02AM

Posted by Kpro

There's no way to argue him as the #1 Heavyweight.

But a real champ fights #1 contenders.

I want him to fight top 10's to. MMA is at the cross roads. 2008 and 2009 will decide how mma is going to be fought. With 2 big orgs, or with non exclusive promotions. It's going to be interesting.
hippysmacker
3/18/08 3:13:22AM

Posted by pmeout

do you agree?

No, by you reasoning Frank Shamrock is still the UFc light heavyweight champion. I do think Fedor is the best fighter in the world though. I just wish he would start fighting top MMa guys again.
Pookie
3/18/08 5:50:09AM

Posted by hippysmacker

Posted by pmeout

do you agree?

No, by you reasoning Frank Shamrock is still the UFc light heavyweight champion. I do think Fedor is the best fighter in the world though. I just wish he would start fighting top MMa guys again.

Actually i believe Renzo Gracie is.
hippysmacker
3/18/08 9:32:26AM
I think this is the most ridiculous example of MMAth I've seen yet, and thats saying something.
pmeout
3/18/08 10:55:15AM

Posted by hippysmacker

Posted by pmeout

do you agree?

First off this is just for fun so i am not taking anything away from any champion. With this logic Frank would not be the lightheavyweight champ because he retired. It still would work out with Tito becoming the next champ.
RMFG_187
3/25/08 12:28:43AM
The MMath is not that good i agree. but whether or not the path from Severns days leads to Fedor, Fedor is still Undisputed. Everyone knows the TK fight was bogus, then avenged. no one has beaten him, no one has even come close IMO. With that said, it doesn't mean he will be champ 4ever. If he were to fight the Top 5 HW's in the world, i will bet my house he will lose 1-2 of those fights. But as of now;

Fedor is the TRUE Champion
Jackelope
3/25/08 12:56:54AM
Him not fighting top competition is a tired old debate. Everyone wants to see Fedor fighting better opponents- we're clear on that.

I disagree with the use of MMAth, but in my heart I believe Fedor could and would beat every HW out there.
jiujitsufreak74
3/25/08 4:58:07PM
i just don't understand how many times we have to prove that MMAth has no value whatsoever. i personally do have Fedor as #1 HW but the way in which you argue it is faulty logic that has been proved to be wrong multiple times in MMA. by using the simple Fighter A beat Fighter B who beat Fighter C so Fighter A is better then Fighter C logic you can have Urijah Faber being better then Fedor. look at this thread to see how MMAth just isn't applicable for actual arguments: LINK.
Pookie
3/25/08 5:06:43PM
I dont think this was supposed to be taken seriously, rather just a fun fact that if the title wasnt exclusive to an organization(like boxing) that fedor would hold every major belt.
JimiMak
3/25/08 9:21:04PM
Most foolish post eva???? Prob'ly.

A "true champ" that holds no title

makes less sense than anything I've read in ages.
Jackelope
3/26/08 4:01:02AM

Posted by JimiMak

Most foolish post eva???? Prob'ly.

A "true champ" that holds no title

makes less sense than anything I've read in ages.

Actually he still has, and will always have the PrideFC championship belt. It may be cuz I'm a couple bombay sapphire and tonics deep right now, but that seems to mean something awfully special to me.

Call me a Pride nut hugger, call me whatever, but doesn't that just have a special ring to it? Is the last holder of, and will always be the holder of the PrideFC heavyweight belt.
JimiMak
3/26/08 5:05:02PM
Last holder of. We all loved PRIDE, but holding the title of a defunct org isn't really holding a title. Maybe it's a good thing he didn't sign w/ UFC, every org he's competed in is now defunct.

Fedor "Kiss of Death" Emelianenko