Fedor vs. Tim

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA Playground Game Talk » Fedor vs. Tim
kurt-2112
6/8/08 5:20:11PM
What do you guys think?

How is this going to go?
iwannabesedated
6/8/08 5:26:48PM
Im Picking Tim to win...Just because if he does win i can boast on here about how i picked Tim to beat Fedor...

But seriously i think Fedor will take it with a sub 2nd or 3rd rd...I see it going down like the NOG fight with Tim...Tim can win the standup game but if/when Fedor takes it to the ground Tim is done.
kurt-2112
6/8/08 5:28:37PM
yea man, i agree

seanfu
6/8/08 5:35:09PM
I say this , and it's a bold statement, but Fedor can beat Tim standing. I think Fedor will have a difficult time taking him down but I see Tim getting rocked before he's taken down.

After that Timmy's done. I haven't watched Fedor's recent circus performances but if he undertraines for this fight that is the only way it's going past the first.

I don't think he's overrated as a fighter but I think his standup has been overrated. I could definantly be wrong, and Tim did rock the crap out of Minotauro's cranium, but He's faced very few legitimate top fighters at heavyweight.

Couture- he lost

Rodriguez- wasn't exactly a standup fighter but a legit top calibur win

Monson- 5'9" or less, need I say more?

tuvok500
6/8/08 6:18:19PM
I think Tim have learnt a lesson by being submitted by NOG when he was winning the fight easily.

I think Fedor have not followed the others top fighters progression and will get TKO in rd 2 by Timmy !!

Also, the cage factor is going to help Timmy who use the fence very well.

Tim rd 2 TKO !!! yes TKO ...

Copenhagen
6/8/08 6:22:25PM

Posted by tuvok500

I think Tim have learnt a lesson by being submitted by NOG when he was winning the fight easily.

I think Fedor have not followed the progression of the others top fighters and will get TKO in rd 2 by Timmy !!

Cage factor? I thought this event was going to involve a ring, not cage?
tuvok500
6/8/08 6:24:18PM

Posted by Copenhagen

Posted by tuvok500

I think Fedor have not followed the progression of the others top fighters and will get TKO in rd 2 by Timmy !!

Cage factor? I thought this event was going to involve a ring, not cage?

shame on them if it is a ring.

juanez13
6/8/08 6:24:34PM

Posted by tuvok500

I think Fedor have not followed the others top fighters progression and will get TKO in rd 2 by Timmy !!

Its a Ring
tuvok500
6/8/08 6:29:00PM

Posted by juanez13

Posted by tuvok500

Its a Ring

like i said, SHAME on THEM !!!

Whispering_Death
6/8/08 6:30:21PM
Fedor has more ways to win and Sylvia has struggled when he can't be passive and boring.
Copenhagen
6/8/08 8:04:36PM

Posted by tuvok500

Posted by juanez13

Posted by tuvok500

Its a Ring

Experience is the only negative factor the ring plays on Tim, and I don't event think it's major one. Since, the ring always seems to compliment strikers, it may benefit him in some ways.
holt8081
6/9/08 12:34:05AM
ya I dont think tim can stop fedor takeing him down.
Shogunator800
6/9/08 2:58:53AM
I have Fedor taking Tim down early and ground 'n' pounding him by TKO before round 1 is up or a submission before round 1 ends.
D0wnUnd6e6r
6/9/08 7:00:54AM

Posted by Copenhagen

Posted by tuvok500

Posted by juanez13

Posted by tuvok500

Its a Ring

Experience is the only negative factor the ring plays on Tim, and I don't event think it's major one. Since, the ring always seems to compliment strikers, it may benefit him in some ways.

Everybody's got a gameplan t'ill they hit the ground
Nightmare27
6/9/08 1:18:34PM
I am making the trip down there for this one and I just keep hoping that Fedor doesnt get cut. If he can keep his brow together he should have this one. Oh yeah hopefully that Dan Mirgliatta guy isnt the ref, he is garbage.
buddahga69
6/10/08 4:12:51PM
i see this fight ending one of two ways....either tim is ko'd by an overhand right within the first minute of the fight, or he is armbarred and tapped out before the first round ends......i dont see this fight going past 5 minutes....this is just another example of fedor being spoon fed chumps, and washed up fighters to keep his unbeaten record in tact...crock of shit if you ask me....
tap_or_snap
6/10/08 4:22:41PM

Posted by buddahga69

i see this fight ending one of two ways....either tim is ko'd by an overhand right within the first minute of the fight, or he is armbarred and tapped out before the first round ends......i dont see this fight going past 5 minutes....this is just another example of fedor being spoon fed chumps, and washed up fighters to keep his unbeaten record in tact...crock of shit if you ask me....

The big tim hate never ceases to amaze, sure he's a nob but the dudes undeniably top 5, he will be a much tougher fight for fedor than most expect imo, fedor via decision or submission, suspect fedor won't even try to stand with tim, unlike most of the brainless bottom feeders who systematically disregard every accomplishment sylvia has ever made just because he's a bit of a tool, fedor will respect big tims reach.
Pookie
6/10/08 5:35:27PM

Posted by tap_or_snap

Posted by buddahga69

The big tim hate never ceases to amaze, sure he's a nob but the dudes undeniably top 5, he will be a much tougher fight for fedor than most expect imo, fedor via decision or submission, suspect fedor won't even try to stand with tim, unlike most of the brainless bottom feeders who systematically disregard every accomplishment sylvia has ever made just because he's a bit of a tool, fedor will respect big tims reach.

I believe fedor will have to set-up some striking to get in on sylvia mainly for the same reason you believe otherwise... sylvia's reach.
Boo_Radley21
6/12/08 5:32:56PM
Tim's gonna take this one guys. I'm getting confident about it. I think he's gonna be able to pick him apart standing and hopefully avoid the takedown. He'd better be working his ground game and come into this fight in shape if he wants to win.
breakdown5
6/12/08 7:33:19PM
I think that this will be a competitive fight but I really see big Tim being arm barred by Fedor. I don't think Fedor will want to stand with Tim's reach and power, but he will have to set up his takedowns and engage a little with Tim if he wants to get the fight to the ground.