Fedor V Tim

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Fedor V Tim
Next Page »
tomp6581
5/9/08 9:18:56AM
Two things bother me about mma generally.....people who act as if Fedor is a god.....and people who underestimate Tim. This fight has brought these two elements together and have spawned some annoying points of view in terms of how this fight will go.

First let me say that Fedor is my favorate fighter, but it annoys me how much people hype him up as an unbeatable fighter. People need to realise that no-one is unbeatable at all.

As for the fight with Tim....people forget that styles make fights. Tim has a very long reach, a good jab and very good takedown defence. It took Nog a while to take him down, nearly getting ko'd in the proccess. Looking at that fight, it would be fair to say that in order for Fedor to take Tim down, he will have to take some punishment.....I have no doubt in my mind that when Fedor takes Tim down (which he will at some point), he will keep him there and GNP him till the end of the round/fight BUT the interensting part of this fight is Fedor getting Tim there.

Tim will absolutely want to use his long jab to keep Fedor away, aiming it at his scar tissue above his right eybrow will be a good tactic and will no dount cause a cut (see matt lindlands first punch in their fight).

People need to realisle this is Fedor's toughest fight in 3years. And Tim Sylvia is more than capable of winning. I would still say is still an underdog, but he matches up better than most against Fedor with his long jab, takedown defence and size.

Having said all that I still think Fedor will win via decision, but I it annoys me when people think this is a walk in the park. Is isnt at all.
Kracker_Jap
5/9/08 11:21:15AM
If the old get my arm broken and don't feel it Timmy shows up Fedor is dead meat........

But the that Timmy has been regulated and so I'm really not sher who to pick for this fight....

But I am so thankful that it is going to happen
JWils
5/9/08 11:22:16AM
Very good points. Sylvia always is a threat if the fight is standing. I can see him landing some very good shots and doing some damage to Fedor.

But, I feel the difference in this fight will be Fedor's explosiveness. Sylvia has very solid hands but sometimes he gets predictable with his "one-two" punching style. IMO, Fedor's takedowns are significantly better than Nog's. With that in mind, after a few minutes on the feet, I see Fedor timing some good shots and getting Tim to the mat where I feel Sylvia will not last very long.

I agree with you that Sylvia should not be discounted in this fight but I still think Fedor wins this fight fairly quickly by submission.
jomatty
5/9/08 2:44:01PM
the thing is though that fedor is capable of standing with tim as well. sure it is safer for him to put him on his back and pound on him but he can stand with him in a way that big nog was incapable of. i think this should be a good fight but think it is unlikely that big tim pulls it off.
chubbud22
5/9/08 5:49:25PM
I am just in disbelief that Fedor is fighting a legit Heavy weight. I cant wait for this fight, and am going to do everything in my power to attend this event live.
ICSlegend
5/9/08 6:57:00PM

Posted by chubbud22

I am just in disbelief that Fedor is fighting a legit Heavy weight. I cant wait for this fight, and am going to do everything in my power to attend this event live.

Elite K1 strikers are a lot more dangerous then Tim. What is Tim going to do sub Fedor?

Fedor has seen it all and dominated much better strikers with longer reach then Tim. I don't get why people are so excited about this fight. No one is unbeatable, but Tim just has no way to win this one. If Mir and AA can sub him, so can Fedor. And Fedor might just feel like Goodridging him as well.

It's just not that interesting of a matchup imo, but it will be fun to see Fedor destroying Tim after Tim ran his mouth about him a while ago.
bigbubbano23
5/9/08 6:59:00PM
i have no idea how this fight will turn out but i have to say affliction is already putting up some good fights. and i think will be a big competitor with the ufc
Dastardly1
5/9/08 8:45:01PM
Fedor by 2nd rd sub or tko.

I think Tim gonna dish out some nice punches to Fedor and stuff a few take down shots,but weather in a ring or cage he's gonna get backed up into the corner,clinched and then tripped to the floor where he might get back to his feet once but not twice. Fedor seems to figure fighters out very quickly in fights and attack it.
Mchubb316
5/9/08 8:50:36PM
Fedor is in for a big suprise, as is all the people who say Fedor cannot and will not be beat. Everytime Sylvia is counted out as losing it seems like he wins. Sylvia is just the person to beat Fedor, and show everyone that he is not the best P4P best in the world.
ICSlegend
5/10/08 11:00:34AM

Posted by Mchubb316

Fedor is in for a big suprise, as is all the people who say Fedor cannot and will not be beat. Everytime Sylvia is counted out as losing it seems like he wins. Sylvia is just the person to beat Fedor, and show everyone that he is not the best P4P best in the world.

I say Fedor can and will be beat (Kharitonov, CC, and maybe Nastula are the ones to do it). Not a slow big guy with questionable sub defense. Fedor has proved this on mutliple occasions with bigger, faster, and better strikers. Tim has nothing for him.

I'd like to see GSP/Anderson/BJ take on K1 champs and see if they can win. Fedor is the P4P best until he loses (all the others have already lost).
Aaronno9
5/10/08 11:28:21AM

Posted by ICSlegend

Posted by chubbud22

Elite K1 strikers are a lot more dangerous then Tim. What is Tim going to do sub Fedor?

Fedor has seen it all and dominated much better strikers with longer reach then Tim. I don't get why people are so excited about this fight. No one is unbeatable, but Tim just has no way to win this one. If Mir and AA can sub him, so can Fedor. And Fedor might just feel like Goodridging him as well.

It's just not that interesting of a matchup imo, but it will be fun to see Fedor destroying Tim after Tim ran his mouth about him a while ago.

It must of been annoying typing all that with one hand. You should let go of fedors balls every once in a while and try typing with two, its easier
Mchubb316
5/10/08 12:26:58PM

Posted by ICSlegend

Posted by Mchubb316

I say Fedor can and will be beat (Kharitonov, CC, and maybe Nastula are the ones to do it). Not a slow big guy with questionable sub defense. Fedor has proved this on mutliple occasions with bigger, faster, and better strikers. Tim has nothing for him.

I'd like to see GSP/Anderson/BJ take on K1 champs and see if they can win. Fedor is the P4P best until he loses (all the others have already lost).

Fedor can beat Sylvia. I'm not saying he can't. To say that Sylvia has no chance of beating Fedor is absurd. Tim's sub defense has gotten better. Monson couldn't sub him, and Either could Randy. Tim was on the ground with those guys for a while. What I'm saying is Sylvia has more than a chance of beating Fedor.
mrsmiley
5/10/08 4:17:36PM
I think Brandon Vera summed up this fight best.

http://www.mmanews.com/ufc/Awesome-Pre-UFC-65-Brandon-Vera-Interview-%5BPart-2%5D.html
decken
5/10/08 11:47:04PM

Posted by Mchubb316

Posted by ICSlegend

Posted by Mchubb316

Fedor can beat Sylvia. I'm not saying he can't. To say that Sylvia has no chance of beating Fedor is absurd. Tim's sub defense has gotten better. Monson couldn't sub him, and Either could Randy. Tim was on the ground with those guys for a while. What I'm saying is Sylvia has more than a chance of beating Fedor.

Hmmmm. Sylvia was subbed in last fight by a fighter fedor has beaten twice, randy himself admitted he is not a good submission fighter and Monson is like 5 feet tall. Plus 75% of Big Tims losses are from submissions. I do think Tim is one of the most underrated fighters and has a good chance if the fight stays standing but Fedor can sub tim. Plus has anyone seen a fight with fedor that didn't go to the ground at some point?
ICSlegend
5/10/08 11:51:42PM

Posted by Mchubb316

You're right, to say he has no chance is absurd. It's MMA, anything is possible. But judging from their resume of fights, Tim has nothing Fedor hasn't handled before. All I said.

Posted by Aaronno9

It must of been annoying typing all that with one hand. You should let go of fedors balls every once in a while and try typing with two, its easier

Yeah, typing with 2 hands is easier, which is why I always do. Try using your brain before you type anything. I don't even like Fedor. I hope Kharitonov and CC destroy him, and I think they will if they get to fight him. If you're not blind you would see Tim has almost no chance.

Jackelope
5/11/08 12:30:09AM
The one thing Timmah has that Semmy Schilt didn't is a more developed MMA game as a whole. I agree that Timmah is most dangerous vs. Fedor on the feet, but I think it's only a matter of time before Fedor gets him on the ground. Timmah has also proved that being in someone's guard is his worst position (See Frank Mir, the Noguiera reversal from the bottom)

I would give it to Fedor 9/10.
bls1919
5/11/08 9:31:00PM
Fedor needs to get the fight to the ground and GnP Tim like Randy did. That wil be key to winning. IMO Fedor softens tim up through 2 rnds and catches him in an arm bar in the 3rd
hathcock32
5/11/08 10:27:32PM
Tim by Split Decision and this is why. I believe Tim will keep the distance jab, jab, rough Fedors face up looking for Fedor's takedown sprawling. However i believe Fedor will be able to get a takedown at some point in the fight scoring points but not finishing Tim. I believe Tim will win 2 clear cut rounds to Fedors 1. However with Fedor being undefeated you never know with the judges.
Pitbull09
5/12/08 1:30:34AM
Just a question, is affliction using a cage or ring?

Anyways, I think Fedor will win this one but not by domination. Tim will show and do pretty well but Fedor will eventually get the decision or sub.
Franklinfan47
5/12/08 4:57:42PM
I don't see what Sylvia has for Fedor is this fight. His range? Certainly didn't keep him from being subbed by Nog. I see this as the Hong Man Choi fight with a bit more experience. Fedor by 1st rd sub.
Pookie
5/12/08 7:08:23PM

Posted by hathcock32

Tim by Split Decision and this is why. I believe Tim will keep the distance jab, jab, rough Fedors face up looking for Fedor's takedown sprawling. However i believe Fedor will be able to get a takedown at some point in the fight scoring points but not finishing Tim. I believe Tim will win 2 clear cut rounds to Fedors 1. However with Fedor being undefeated you never know with the judges.

you do realize that fedor doesnt shoot in... so sprawling isnt even going to come into play here.
disturbed_fighter
5/13/08 12:28:15PM
tim sylvia will dominate with a 2nd round mortal kombat flawless victory
NinjaCyborg
5/14/08 4:02:35PM

Posted by disturbed_fighter

tim sylvia will dominate with a 2nd round mortal kombat flawless victory

Ha!! Then the ref will yell "FINISH HIM" And Tim will tear out Fedors spine.
NinjaCyborg
5/14/08 4:05:41PM
but seriously, Fedor will win. easily.
89vision
5/14/08 4:36:27PM
fedor via ownage, easy pick
mrsmiley
5/15/08 10:52:32AM

Posted by NinjaCyborg

but seriously, Fedor will win. easily.

That was funny how you came back with that right after "rip his spine out".
LOL
holt8081
5/15/08 10:16:11PM
I dont see the big deal on Fedor he was getting his ass kicked by that big asian dude before he pulled off a lucky sub.
89vision
5/16/08 2:01:42AM

Posted by holt8081

I dont see the big deal on Fedor he was getting his ass kicked by that big asian dude before he pulled off a lucky sub.

sherdog has about 10 threads for this kind of noob talk
Pookie
5/16/08 2:04:41AM

Posted by holt8081

I fail to see how any submission hold like an armbar can be gained by luck.
chubbud22
5/16/08 2:28:59AM

Posted by holt8081

Looked like a pretty good arm bar to me. How the hell do you call that lucky
Pages: [1] 2