Fedor vs Sylvia undercard added -- Arlovski vs Rothwell, Rizzo vs Barnett II

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Fedor vs Sylvia undercard added -- Arlovski vs Rothwell, Rizzo vs Barnett II
Next Page »
Vendetta
4/10/08 11:05:13PM
"Tim Sylvia Vs. Fedor

Andrei Arlovski Vs. Ben Rothwell

Babalu Vs. Mike Whitehead

Pedro Rizzo Vs. Josh Barnett

Alexander Emelienenko vs. TBA

These are however rumors, and from limited sources, but we will bring you confirmation once it happens. "

http://dreamfighters.com/site/?action=detail&id=1207842187
Manak
4/10/08 11:15:41PM
looks awesome (HW glory) if this is true but i would rather see AA vs alex and this would mean AA n UFC r no longer. hopefully this card happens cause these guys can all be mixed n matched to make some great fights
CantAndleDaRiddum
4/10/08 11:16:24PM
geez this card looks sweet
imanidiot777
4/10/08 11:22:59PM
What company is doing this card? not M-1 or anything?
DevonFoxy
4/10/08 11:27:57PM
I'll believe it when I see it. Im not gonna get all up and excited and be dissapointed when only one of those so called "rumored" fights happen. Sorry but im gonna play the skeptical card in this instance.
TimW001
4/10/08 11:43:41PM
If that's true, then this card is amazing. Just as good as any UFC card. And a HW div that is on par with the UFC's.
Mchubb316
4/10/08 11:47:55PM

Posted by imanidiot777

I believe that it will be under Affliction. Iam sure that they will have backing from other sources. I find it hard to believe that this one company will pay this much for all of these fighters on one card.
loller90278
4/11/08 12:03:23AM
i'm hoping it'll be under the dream banner
McBee
4/11/08 12:06:27AM
B S
chubbud22
4/11/08 12:08:22AM

Posted by Vendetta

"Tim Sylvia Vs. Fedor

These are however rumors, and from limited sources, but we will bring you confirmation once it happens. "

I just got off the phone with Mike Whitehead (I have known him my whole life) and this is 100 % true. Its the new Affliction fighting co. Golden Boy backed out of it. Tim Sylvia is also heading to Vegas to train with Couture. The event will be July 9 or 10; some where around there in Dallas. WAR WHITEHEAD!
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
chubbud22
4/11/08 12:09:43AM

Posted by McBee

B S

You are wrong bud
krthll1
4/11/08 12:13:33AM

Posted by imanidiot777

Wouldn't it be under the new M-1 or Adrenaline?
chubbud22
4/11/08 12:26:07AM
Affliction
gartface
4/11/08 12:26:19AM
All I know is it's supposed to be on HDNet Fights.
WhiteWidow
4/11/08 12:31:24AM
im kinda pissed arlovski is fighting out of the UFC, this could mean his departure from zuffa or maybe hes just getting some more wins under his belt....but damn these are some sick HW matchups

Fedor by armbar 1st round
Arlovski by TKO 2nd round
Whitehead by UD
Rizzo by TKO 2nd round
Aleks wins his fight by KO 1st round
Kracker_Jap
4/11/08 12:44:15AM

Posted by McBee

B S

Kinda what I think....

Shouldn't be posted without proof
coldchillin
4/11/08 12:45:45AM
if all those fights are on the card, they gotta give us an option to buy this on pay-per-view... I don't know anybody who has the HDNet channel. Do you have to have a HD TV to order the channel? I'll happily shell out the 40 bucks to see this.
gartface
4/11/08 12:53:41AM

Posted by coldchillin

if all those fights are on the card, they gotta give us an option to buy this on pay-per-view... I don't know anybody who has the HDNet channel. Do you have to have a HD TV to order the channel? I'll happily shell out the 40 bucks to see this.

It's a standard HD channel with cable, well at least with Time Warner Cable. I'm on a school campus so I don't get HDNet, nor do I have an HD tv. I'll be watching these online.
Fedor by sub
Rothwell by UD
Barnett by Sub
coldchillin
4/11/08 1:14:58AM
This sucks if the only option to watch this is to own a HD television.

I hope they give the people without a HD television a chance to give them some money to watch this.
RMFG_187
4/11/08 2:43:29AM
Rothwell will get demolished, and I think Rizzo can take Barnet. All in all, great HW matchups. UFC Take note
Gladiator
4/11/08 2:49:06AM

Posted by chubbud22

Posted by Vendetta

"Tim Sylvia Vs. Fedor

I just got off the phone with Mike Whitehead (I have known him my whole life) and this is 100 % true. Its the new Affliction fighting co. Golden Boy backed out of it. Tim Sylvia is also heading to Vegas to train with Couture. The event will be July 9 or 10; some where around there in Dallas. WAR WHITEHEAD!

ill be in Dallas that week, if ur right then ill anything (up to $250) to see this live!!! finally a heavyweight card to get excited for!!!

-on a side note- that sux that arlovski sint in the ufc
loller90278
4/11/08 3:29:13AM

Posted by Gladiator

Posted by chubbud22

Posted by Vendetta

"Tim Sylvia Vs. Fedor

ill be in Dallas that week, if ur right then ill anything (up to $250) to see this live!!! finally a heavyweight card to get excited for!!!

-on a side note- that sux that arlovski sint in the ufc

why does it suck? this card has more quality fighters than UFC's whole divison..
xphycorx
4/11/08 3:58:05AM
i thought arlovski was working on a new contract with the ufc????
SpiderSilva
4/11/08 4:18:08AM
Well when I see real backing to this I will believe till then

This really means nothing to the UFC if they want to lose fighters they will let them go if they want any of them back they will bring them back cause to them UFC is where they want to be it the big show
joshjr
4/11/08 5:22:02AM
The card looks awsome. I would watch that for sure. War Barnett!!!!!
CornishMMA
4/11/08 5:29:36AM
I had already posted this is the other Fedor thread a few days ago and if anything this is from a LESS credible source!

But these fights are on and it will be a good event, whether they will go bankrupt straight away is another matter, they will need ALOT of ppv buys to cover the huge fighter payouts
tomp6581
4/11/08 7:44:45AM
This isnt actually offically comfirmed yet....if it is however, then the UFC will surely have something to worry about.

MondayNiteMauser
4/11/08 8:40:40AM
sketchy....i don't think this is really gonna happen.
babytater03
4/11/08 8:43:44AM

Posted by Vendetta

"Tim Sylvia Vs. Fedor

^ = better than ANY card the UFC could come up with in HW division (BUT, i['ll believe it when i see it.)

Sad to see AA out of UFC. Maybe Zuffa will pay attention when this card sells more PPV's then any even they've ever put on.

Maybe they could get Kharitonov or CC for the Aleksander fight.
kaduey
4/11/08 9:04:52AM
This card looks amazing but they also have a rumour on that site that Tyson Griffin is fighting Ricardo Almeida. That is less then likely.
Pages: [1] 2