Fedor v. Sylvia

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Fedor v. Sylvia
King_kimbo
6/8/08 5:22:11PM
Now thats is a pretty good match-up flying under the radar ,and i cant see how?Both these guys are great fighters and both can take beatings. Its Fedors first fight agianst a top notch fighter in as long as I can remember. I gotta take Fedor in a second round submission. He has to beat Sylvia, or we may never see Couture v. Fedor. Your not a real mma fan if you dont want that to happen.
Jackelope
6/8/08 8:24:44PM
Eheheheasy now on calling people "not real MMA fans" when your name is "King_Kimbo"

Anyway, though.. I'm unbelievably stoked for this card as I'm sure almost everyone else is. It's just that these past few weeks there have been some awesome fights to discuss instead. Like Dream 4 coming up, UFC 84 and 85, WVR, EliteXC on CBS, and all of that. Watch these next few weeks.. you'll see all kinds of posts.

sammyd1213
6/8/08 9:23:08PM
Sylvia is a tough fight for anyone, it will be interesting to see how Fedor handles him. Cant wait for this fight.
aaa9erh8er
6/9/08 12:22:27AM
ferdor round one armbar
NinjaCyborg
6/9/08 6:12:36PM

Posted by aaa9erh8er

ferdor round one armbar

Well i'm pretty sure Hong Man Choi is bigger than Tim Sylvia and we all know how Fedor handled that fight......
I honestly don't think Tims size will give Fedor any advantage.
But regardless it should be a very good fight!
breakdown5
6/9/08 10:43:19PM
Fedor has too much for Tim. I would love to see Fedor GNP the shit out of Sylvia, but I think he'll probably snap his arm off and take it home with him.
chickmagnet
6/10/08 12:25:00AM
Heres what will happen....

Tim comes out throwing the lazy jab, fedor comes over the top with that viscious lead right, rocks tim, takes him down and finished tim with eitheer a barrage of strikes or a kimura or armbar.
The-Don
6/10/08 7:08:36PM
there has actually been alot of talk about this fight already.. hell.. the whole event has already gotten alot of attention and it is still over a month away.. in fact its actually featured on the back of the TItle MMA catalouge for Summer of 08... Its got Randy Couture on the cover announcing his Everlast sponsorship.... He is looking pretty good.. I do not think he has been lounging in his off time...
zephead
6/10/08 7:10:32PM

Posted by NinjaCyborg

Posted by aaa9erh8er

ferdor round one armbar

Well i'm pretty sure Hong Man Choi is bigger than Tim Sylvia and we all know how Fedor handled that fight......

There's a big difference between Hong Man and Sylvia, Big Time will actually fight
The-Don
6/11/08 6:03:02PM

Posted by zephead

Posted by NinjaCyborg

Posted by aaa9erh8er

ferdor round one armbar

There's a big difference between Hong Man and Sylvia, Big Time will actually fight

Choi fought.. He tried its not like he stood there.. Fedor just completely overwhelemed him... Fedor had a few lumps on his face after that fight... granted he did not really look phased.. and I think on the ground Tim is alot better then choi... But it is not like choi stood there...
kaduey
6/12/08 2:22:52PM

Posted by King_kimbo

Now thats is a pretty good match-up flying under the radar ,and i cant see how?Both these guys are great fighters and both can take beatings. Its Fedors first fight agianst a top notch fighter in as long as I can remember. I gotta take Fedor in a second round submission. He has to beat Sylvia, or we may never see Couture v. Fedor. Your not a real mma fan if you dont want that to happen.

Sylvia can take a beating? Can you reference a fight in which this happened. And don't say his fight with Randy.
ICSlegend
6/12/08 10:53:36PM

Posted by zephead

sure is. Choi is bigger, more powerful, and a better striker. He's also probably the better wrestler.

Sylvia has the better overall ground game, but I don't think by that much. If JUNIOR sambo champ Arlovski can sub him, so can WORLD CHAMP fedor.

I fail to see any problems Tim can cause based on how Fedor handled guys like Schilt and Choi.
The-Don
6/13/08 3:20:08PM

Posted by ICSlegend

Posted by zephead

sure is. Choi is bigger, more powerful, and a better striker. He's also probably the better wrestler.

Sylvia has the better overall ground game, but I don't think by that much. If JUNIOR sambo champ Arlovski can sub him, so can WORLD CHAMP fedor.

I fail to see any problems Tim can cause based on how Fedor handled guys like Schilt and Choi.

I agree.. not saying tim is going to be a walk in the park and if Fedor does not take him seriously Tim will do some damage... but all in all Fedor should win this with minor problems...
thatfedorsohotrightnow
6/13/08 7:07:42PM
I will add my unbiased and objective opinion.

Fedor Kimura rnd 1

I wanted to say armbar but Tim would need to put Fedor on his back and that ain't going down.
bls1919
6/13/08 10:44:06PM
I see Fedor outworking and out classing Tim on the ground. Fedor TKO 2nd