Fedor? and where everyone stands

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Fedor? and where everyone stands
POLL: Fedor?
Fedor is blind to whats going on and I cant support him anymore 21% (11)
Fedor knows and doesnt care or cant do anything about it and I cant support him anymore 42% (22)
Fedor and his managers are unsure of their fighter and I cant support him anymore 4% (2)
Fedor is blind to whats going on but I will still support him 8% (4)
Fedor knows and doesnt care or cant do anything about it but I will still support him 26% (14)
Fedor and his managers are unsure of their fighter but I will still support him 0% (0)
telnights
7/30/09 8:14:04PM
I thought I would see with all the news going around lately where some of the members of the playground stand on this issue. Now I'm not saying I agree with some of these choices or think they are the right ones but these seam to be where most people are at right now. Please give a reason why you feel the way you do without going overboard.
kevietre
7/30/09 8:30:52PM
Although I don't think Frank Mir can beat Fedor I agree with what he said. "WHY WOULDNT FEDOR WANT TO FIGHT THE BEST, TO PROVE HE'S THE BEST?"

Fedor and his managers obviously care about the money, which is understandable, but he would be one of the highest paid fighters in the UFC and if he wants to be considered the best he needs to fight a couple of heavyweights in the UFC including Randy and Brock. He has to realize people want to see him fight in the UFC so he would be making money, making fans happy, and cementing his legacy as the greatest fighter, it's a no brainer. I just dont understand.
joshryanshepherd
7/30/09 8:30:55PM
i chose B. simply because Fedor does NOT care what hes viewed as. in every interview hes ever been in and was asked if he cared about his legacy and rankings he always says No. he doesnt care about fans and he doesnt care about being the best he only wants money. which isnt a bad thing, but i wont support that.
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
7/30/09 8:56:11PM
Too many blind opinions based off unconfirmed sources . Dana is a known liar and exaggerator . The 30 mill/other bs is just like cro cop texting him 200 times! Noone really knows whats happening . What there an audio released about what aleks suposedly said? For all we know that was another troll post turned into "news" by one of these quazy fan boy "journalists" that seem to run most sites .
Does fedor fear reprercussions for him and/or his family if he leaves m1?
Does the fear stem from m1 global's ties with the russian *****?
Did i just make up more "news"?

Fedor could retire today and would be the greatest mixed martial artist to ever live .
grappler0000
7/30/09 9:01:27PM

Posted by AnDeRsonDaSiLvA

Too many blind opinions based off unconfirmed sources . Dana is a known liar and exaggerator . The 30 mill/other bs is just like cro cop texting him 200 times! Noone really knows whats happening . What there an audio released about what aleks suposedly said? For all we know that was another troll post turned into "news" by one of these quazy fan boy "journalists" that seem to run most sites .

The figures weren't released by Dana, they were released by Meltzer, who is a very reliable source. Fedor was asked what he thought about his brother's statement. Fedor said that he sees things that Aleks does not...so, it appears that it was an accurate translation.
Jackelope
7/30/09 9:05:33PM
After hearing some information I'd never heard before today, I have to go with

Fedor knows and doesnt care or cant do anything about it but I will still support him

I think he's in a tough position considering who is managing him. I will always love Fedor as a fighter, but I get the feeling he's kind of helpless here. M-1 has these demands, not Fedor. It's a damn shame that it is the way it is. But... that's just what it is.
postman
7/30/09 9:08:11PM
Fedor is loyal to M-1 He is a share holder and feels that he will make more money in the future by making that promotion the best it can be. He is willing to risk his legacy for the cash. IMO I have nothing to base this on other then the storys I have heard and my common sense tells me Fedor is a business man not a puppet.
sclasclemski
7/30/09 9:27:38PM
I think Fedor does realize whats going on but doesn't feel he needs to prove anything to America...which is really what it boils down to...He will still go down as a legend in his own time regardless of the what if he fought Brock argument...I don't agree with it but its his perogative (spelling?) and I can't really be mad at him...I'll still watch his fights
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
7/30/09 9:53:40PM

Posted by grappler0000
The figures weren't released by Dana, they were released by Meltzer, who is a very reliable source. Fedor was asked what he thought about his brother's statement. Fedor said that he sees things that Aleks does not...so, it appears that it was an accurate translation.

My bad , for some reason i thought dana was on the carmicheal show .

aleks wasn't the best example . oma trolling the ny times/tmz with the kimo news is a good example .
cowcatcher
7/30/09 10:02:52PM
im somewhere near E, im still a fan, and still think hes the baddest man on the planet, but i cant say that i support him per se.
Rush
7/30/09 10:10:50PM
Until further information convinces me otherwise, I consider Fedor to be a pawn in this fiasco. Whether he refuses to act or cannot act, I don't know, but I don't see how his venture with M1 is in his best interest, both professionally or financially. Therefore I consider him being used. It may not have started out this way, and thus got into a mess he wasn't prepared to handle. Who knows??

That being said, I still support him as a fighter in that I will like to watch his fights whether against cans or title holders. He will continue to get the benefit of the doubt from me until (as I mentioned above) further evidence convinces me that he is in control of his actions.
prozacnation1978
7/30/09 10:57:05PM
honestly i don't care about fedor if he goes or not to the ufc this is up there like the greasegate incident major turn off
fonduktoe
7/30/09 11:07:33PM
i don't really care what the reasons are i'm just frustrated and let down as a fan of the sport who wants to see the best fight the best
i can't support a fedor that fights nothing but cans in the future because all i'll be able to think about is what could have been.
RIP fedor
kopower
7/30/09 11:31:06PM

Posted by fonduktoe

i don't really care what the reasons are i'm just frustrated and let down as a fan of the sport who wants to see the best fight the best
i can't support a fedor that fights nothing but cans in the future because all i'll be able to think about is what could have been.
RIP fedor

I feel the same way. I'm more disappointed because of the potential super match ups not happening. There are only a few fights outside of the UFC I want to see him in. I still want to see him fight but wont be cheering for him. I don't know if he is a pawn in this or is being difficult.

SociopathX
7/31/09 12:28:08AM
supposedy Dana White and CO offered a 6 fight contract worth $30 million - an immediate title shot with Brock, a cut of the Lesnar/Fedor PPV and still letting Fedor compete in Sambo

I don't care what it takes.. they need to get Fedor in the UFC!