If Fedor signs who will be his first match up?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » If Fedor signs who will be his first match up?
SmileR
3/6/08 11:06:38PM
If he signs i assume he'll want a tune up fight, so who do you guys think it'll be against?!

I'd have to go with Gonzaga, he is a big name among casual fans and the UFC could hype this fight up a hell of a lot!
I think Fedor would take it 2nd round sub and move on to slightly higher rated competition.
This would also give Randy time to fight Nog for the title and then his final fight to see out his contract is the one he wanted!

I can't them putting him in against : -

Randy - because his first fight back will have to be against Nog.

Nog - Because he'll have to fight Randy!

Arlovski (If he resigns) - A dream match up but AA Sambo and wrestling provide a legit threat, not to mention if he hits the big right Fedor could get his second loss in style.

Silva - Not to bash him but Tims fights are boring an i don't think the UFC would risk his first fight being a snooze fest.

Werdum - This is really the only other fight i can see happening as a welcome fight. Werdum is meant to be the No 1 contender so if Fedor beats him it sets up a perfect match for either the belt or if Nog beats Randy a fight for the No 1 condership!

Cro Cop - He's due to return and if Fedor signs i can see him coming back a hell of a lot earlier. I still don't think this would happen as the UFC would want to have both to start off with a win.

Anyway what do you guys think?
Can anyone think of a better welcome fight?
gartface
3/6/08 11:20:45PM
I'd like to see him demolish the Maineiac. I don't think it'd be a snoozefest either, because Fedor wouldn't let him hide behind his jab.
cmill21
3/6/08 11:23:09PM
I think it would be him and Randy because I don't see them being able to sign him to anything but a one fight contract.
SmileR
3/6/08 11:37:27PM

Posted by cmill21

I think it would be him and Randy because I don't see them being able to sign him to anything but a one fight contract.

Thats a pretty good point!
I just don't see how they would get round the whole Nog situation though. If Randy comes back his first fight would have to be for the title.
If Randy loses it takes a lot of shine off the fight, If he wins an Fedor beats him an then leaves the UFC its HW devision is a joke because everyone would know a fighter from across the sea could come over an take the belt from whoever has it!

cmill21
3/6/08 11:42:07PM

Posted by SmileR

Posted by cmill21

Thats a pretty good point!
I just don't see how they would get round the whole Nog situation though. If Randy comes back his first fight would have to be for the title.
If Randy loses it takes a lot of shine off the fight, If he wins an Fedor beats him an then leaves the UFC its HW devision is a joke because everyone would know a fighter from across the sea could come over an take the belt from whoever has it!

Exactly why I don't see him signing here lol. The Randy vs Nog fight is a huuuuge risk for Randy because if he loses no one cares about him and he's out of the UFC and he's not talked about. If he beats Nog and then loses to Fedor like you said then Fedor has the UFC by the balls lol. If they can somehow sign him to a multi fight deal then they can have a unifacation bout(Fedor's still the Pride champ) and then have another unifacation with Nog. IMHO though I don't see anything happening, Fedor now has an alternative with big money as do all the other fighters and with all that happend between Dana and Fedor you can see why I think he will go elsewhere. Not to mention DSE treated Fedor better then most parents treat their athletically gifted youngster.

EDIT: For the record I would love for Fedor to sign with the UFC, if would save people the time of writing about him being scared, save me the time of reading it and it will get Dana to shhh if he does become UFC champ.
kevietre
3/6/08 11:48:33PM
If he beats Randy he will probably get another fight with NOG
Pookie
3/7/08 12:00:19AM
The way to get around Nog, is to make Nog fight fedor.

He's the only heavyweight that can beat nog consistently, if at all.
Kracker_Jap
3/7/08 12:06:42AM
Dana would put him up with Tim he is the long time face of the UFC title...

He wore the belt when he slept.....

Tim by KO
NatedawgThaM
3/7/08 12:17:33AM
Randy of course, Randy isn't crying about not being able to fight Fedor just so the UFC would sign him and then have him wait several months after the signing to fight him.
xchickox
3/7/08 8:15:09AM
they should just do fedor vs randy in a non-titl match, gets rid of the complications
DCRage
3/7/08 9:08:50AM
Couture, end of it. Randy has kept saying Fedor is the only guy he will fight, no matter how hard Dana tries to force Minotauro down his throat. Let's get it on and over with, then talk Randy/Fedor-Nogueira.
MMA_Alex
3/7/08 9:54:18AM
The answer is obvious...

Fedor vs. Couture vs. Nog Triple-Threat Title Unification Match!
mrsmiley
3/7/08 9:54:59AM
I say he goes to DREAM.

But if he does go to the UFC,it most likely would be a one shot against Randy for a lot of money.
pv3Hpv3p
3/7/08 9:55:28AM

Posted by DCRage

Couture, end of it. Randy has kept saying Fedor is the only guy he will fight, no matter how hard Dana tries to force Minotauro down his throat. Let's get it on and over with, then talk Randy/Fedor-Nogueira.

I agree... It seems that if he got they signed the fight with Randy it would kill two birds with one stone, so to say... Not only do they have Fedor fighting in the UFC, but they also have Randy back to defend his belt... seems like a win win to me